“A Family "Go To" Place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Brooklyn, New York
“A Family "Go To" Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

With a twist on breakfast (chai blueberry pancakes, Grand Marnier french toast, pesto scramble, vegetarian gravy...), this hearty brunch served daily allows everyone an option. Lots of seating, so wait isn't too long. My only complaint is that the hash browns could be a little crispier for my taste.

Having never been before, I went twice in one week's vacation time to meet with friends and family--service was great both times. Perhaps the last few comments have made a difference.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Oregon
“Need a lesson in customer service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place does not have very good customer service.. not by the servers (although we had to ask a passerby if we could order our breakfast because our server was nowhere to be found) but more in the arogance of the owner.

No low fat or skim milk (we only serve 2% - YUK!) What's up with that in this age of obesity?
No de-caffinated coffee - what???
No splitting of checks - can you be anymore controlling?
No individual checks - figure it out for yourself!

Now, that's what I call crappy customer service!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oregon
“Great breakfast and lot of gluten free options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I would have given this restaurant 5 stars but we did have to wait close to a half hour before being seated. There are chairs outside and self-service coffee out there while you wait. I had "the hammer" which was a scramble with caramelized onions, ham and cheese. It was delicious. It came with a large serving of hash browns and piece of gluten free toast. We also had the corn beef hash which was good and "the other one" which was an egg, bacon, cheese and hash brown wrap which was also wonderful! Service was good and we got our food pretty quickly. This is now my husband's favorite restaurant. I also saw a pretty large play area for little kids. The food was worth the wait.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great for breakfast but always crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

It's a super popular place for weekend breakfast because its DELICIOUS! I've gone several times with small and larger groups (longer wait for parties over 4) and everything I've tried was better than expected! I definitely recommend this place!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Funky atmosphere but the wait, oy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very serviceable breakfast joint just east of Downtown Portland. We had read the reviews claiming Jam was the best breakfast in Portland and I hope that isn't true. Not that I'm complaining, as the food was good and served very quickly after a 45 minute wait for a table. BTW don't try to estimate your wait by looking at the other diners: This is a place where a lot of customers like to park. One table just inside the front door just got their plates as I made a reservation and were still sitting around chatting when we left. We were seated, ordered, fed and checked out while many other tables were still occupied by their unhurried occupants.

Check out the specials which on the day of our visit included a very tasty asparagus and fresh dill eggs Benedict. Low lights included a biscuit not warm enough to melt butter and ho-hum diner style hashbrowns: No bell pepper spiked new potato home fries here, just plenty of servicable shredded browns.

Bonus point for having Louisiana Crystal hot-sauce and honey bears for drowning your biscuit.

Visited April 2013