“Worth a short line but not much more.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Voodoo Doughnut

Voodoo Doughnut
22 SW Third Ave, Portland, OR 97204-2713 (Downtown)
(503) 241-4704
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 102 Bakeries in Portland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Dessert, Donuts
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Worth a short line but not much more.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere of this place is really what makes it, and its cult following. We've been in line for 15 mins and 50 mins. The taste is worth a short wait, but it's not worth an hour just to get your pink box.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dickinson
“No line for us!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We went in the morning after leaving our hotel and arrived around 9-9:30am. We went right inside. Plenty to choose from and the girl at the counter was FRIENDLY?!? After reading so many reviews before our trip I was prepared for long lines and rude counter help. No such things on our visit! Ok, so the police were outside because of the bicycle theft, but that didn't deter us! Our boys got to each pick ( we had them pre-pick online beforehand just in case) but it was nice not to be rushed. They had Miami berry vice and the Oreo dirt. We also got the traditional voodoo doll, peach fritter, a butterfinger and a few others. All good. The peach fritter I got was huge! I also got to take lots of pictures. Great experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“All about the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I waited 40 minutes in line on a Sunday night at 9:30pm. The doughnuts were good, but not great. My favorite was the Maple Bacon...2 actual strips of bacon on top of the doughnut.

Visited July 2013
Texas
“Honestly? It's overrated.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have a sweet tooth and I can appreciate a good donut but honestly I wasn't too impressed with Voodoo. Having to wait in line for 40 minutes likely significantly raised the expectation that anything just decent or average wasn't going to cut it. There were a ton of selections and I tried a box full but each was just OK for me. It's definitely a touristy thing to do IMO, I did it once when I visited and likely won't bother again the next time I go back.

Visited June 2013
Dallas
“Quirky stop in Portland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The doughnuts are ok, but it's more about the atmosphere. The X-rated pastry names and sexual innuendos keep you giggling as you pick out a treat. Beware: they only take cash!

• Visited May 2013