“Awful in every way” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
August Moon Chinese Restaurant Uptown
405 NW 23RD Ave, Portland, OR 97210-3413 (Northwest District)
(503) 248-9040
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
“Awful in every way”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I should have known better than to try a place that was basically void of customers on a lovely summer evening with lots of people out and about. Upon entering,the place has a dingy feel, empty of but 2 or 3 customers at other tables. We were seated at a dirty table ! Service was terrible to absent. There was hardly a soul in the restaurant and the waitress was no where to bee seen. Finally we managed to get some attention and ordered. We should have just got up and walked out The food was cold and tasted and looked like leftovers from lunch. We had to flag down (with difficulty) a food server to bring our table some dipping sauces for the fried shrimp and when she finally did, she then brought our table of 4 people, one small personal sized sweet and sour sauce to share. No hot mustard, no sesame seeds. Really, the whole thing was pitiful and cold and old and awful. She acted as if she was put out to serve us. That is my experience here. I do not suggest going here. Unless you like bad service, old and cold food. I do not know how this place is still in business!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Springfield, Massachusetts
“hands down worst Chinese food ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were given a recommendation from our Hotel but we regret taking their advice. We should have realized something was up since there was only one other party in there and all the other restaurants we passed were crowded..We ordered a pupu platter and could not eat anything on it except the shrimp because the rest was disgusting. The beef skewers were definitely made from spoiled meat as they tasted sour...There were five of us and not person liked their meal.The waitress was not friendly and seemed to be annoyed that she had to serve us..My advice is keep walking past this place.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Average Food with Indifferent Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Wife and I and a Friend just got in under the 3 P.M. lunch wire on a Wednesday and were "treated" to an indifferent, unfocused waitress who we literally had to drag into her role as someone connected to our food and beverage needs. Nonetheless my wife and I ended up with a pretty decent lunch consisting of a wonderful, heaping dish of Szechuan green beans that we shared along with seperate entrees of lo mein noodles and mushrooms and spicy eggplant and fried rice all for $21.60 including a glass of burgundy. Not a place we would particularly look to return to it was nevertheless not a complete bust.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Hate To Say This But.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have had excellent Chinese food, good Chinese food , average Chinese food and even mediocre Chinese food but rarely have I had bad Chinese food..... until now. I really really dislike giving a bad review and I wish there was one dish we ordered that was good, but i really have to say that nothing was good and only one or two dishes were palatable. Maybe it was a bad night ? I ordered on line and showed up 5 minutes after the order was to be ready and it had not even been put together yet. The place was not busy, only two tables were filled and on one else waiting for pick up. The crab rangoon had barely any filling at all , it was mostly fried dough. The wontons also were just wet dough wrappers with nothing in them. The soup was bland, the crispy tofu and vegetables was soggy and overcooked. The chicken with orange flavor had none.
Sadly to say I could go on and on.
We ate enough to fill us up and threw the rest away.
This is one place I will not try again and it is too bad because it is right in my neighborhood and they do take out and also deliver.
I really would like to know if this was a fluke or if this is their usual quality ?
Sorry August Moon !

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
California
“Award Winning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This place carries the Tang Ho Quality Award for the Chinese Catering Industry in America. No MSG. Just healthy cooking here. Located on 23rd in the Pearl district. The streetcar is your best bet for transportation.

Visited June 2012