“So-So Vietnamese Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thanh Long Restaurant & Bakery
635 SW College St, Portland, OR 97201-5210 (Downtown)
(503) 223-1660
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cary, North Carolina
“So-So Vietnamese Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife & I really like Vietnamese food but what we had here was average at best. Plus we had 2 different servers and someone else brought us our bill. You expect that a place that calls itself a bakery would also have fresh bakery items available. Not here - the bakery counters were completely emply. We will not go back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

42% Recommend
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Going downhill!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

I go to Thanh-Long occasionally and I've really noticed that the quality of the food has really gone downhill over the past few years. I've always been pretty indifferent about the service as it's never been really bad or good. But today, when I got my lunch there, I had a bad experience. I tried to pay with a visa gift card (one of those kind you can use "anywhere visa is accepted") which had more than enough balance on it. I gave it to the guy at the counter and he didn't understand so he called the manager/owner over who had the most disgusted look on his face. He runs the card and tells me it's declined. I asked him to run it again and he does and shoves it back at me saying declined again and then he just turns his back. I have never had trouble using one of these cards anywhere else, so I thought I'd just use up the balance on my lunch, but if they aren't willing or able to process them, then they should just say they don't accept them. It's fine if they don't accept them but to embarrass me and treat me like dirt is not acceptable and because of that I'll take my business elsewhere.

Port Jefferson, New York
“Excellent Pho, Great Noodles, Friendly, and a Bit Quirky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

We've eaten here at least five times, and four of those times, the pho has been up to my wife's exacting Vietnamese standards. One time, she felt the soup was not completely fresh. The staff is friendly, the place is clean. Lots of students, PSU people, and Vietnamese, often sitting under the umbrellas on the sidewalk patio.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere