“Delicious food. long wait..” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #437 of 3,629 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Damascus, Oregon
“Delicious food. long wait..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Delicious food. long wait but worth it. Staff very attentive - we had a great time. Portions were average.

Visited July 2012

Carlsbad, New Mexico
“Great Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were visiting Portland and our friends said this was a must visit restaurant. They were correct. The Mango Margaritas were terrific. They also had a good wine list. There were 6 of us for dinner so we ordered different dishes and shared family style. We had 2 chicken dish, 1 veggie dish and 4 lamb dishes. Everything was delicious and the portions were a healthy size. Although the place was quite busy (we had reservations and this was a Thursday night) service was still very good. The saag and naan were very good. I don't thnk you can go wrong with this place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Best Indian food in Portland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've eaten Indian food all over Portland, and I keep coming back here. The best tandoori, the best saag, hands-down, and the best naan.

Visited May 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Best in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Best Indian and Middle Eastern food in Portland hands down. Delicious Naan and solid adult beverages. I have eaten here a dozen times and always great.

Visited November 2012
Silicon Valley
“Good Indian restaurant in Portland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Came to this restaurant during a business trip to Portland. It was a Thursday night and the place was full. We were fortunate to get a table without a wait. We ordered the following items:

Prawns Coconut Curry (one of the house specials): Unfortunately had high hopes for this; the sauce was very bland, even though we asked for "spicy".

Chicket Tikka Masala: this was the highlight of the dinner - the chicken was very good, with good heat (spice)

I struggled between good and very good. I finally settled on rating the restaurant "good" - although I would come back and try other entrees before passing final judgement. I would recommend coming and trying for yourself; be forewarned on the naan; and if you like your food spicy, make sure to tell the waitress when ordering (they typically ask).

One last note: they do have a private parking lot; however it was full when we arrived, so we had to park on the street. You may have to drive around the block and park in the neighborhood behind the restaurant. No street lighting in the adjacent area.
Onion and Garlic Naan: The naan bread was different than any naan I've ever had - it was very thick (like a pizza) and huge. I suspect this bread will have its fans and detractors. I'm more of a traditionalist; so it really wasn't for me - although - I can't say it was "bad" - it was just different. I would recommend you order just one to try for yourself. It is almost a full meal given the size.

Raita: good, it was thick (not runny); it was heavily spiced with cumin (may be too much for some) - which was ok for me.

• Visited November 2012