“Vegetarian Heaven ... But You've Got to Pay For It!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pacific Rim
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: SE 29th Ave.
Salem, Massachusetts
“Vegetarian Heaven ... But You've Got to Pay For It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I dined here with a couple of vegetarians. I veered slightly off track by selecting the sturgeon (thus making me a pescetarian for the day). The decor is lovely. The food and service were absolutely perfect! The vegetables were transcendent! The wine pairings, on the other hand, were underwhelming, and if I were to go again, I'd select one good bottle of something I loved.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Oregon
“Most Romantic Restaurant Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Perfect for birthdays and anniversaries. Fabulous food and atmosphere. The service is impeccable. Can't miss.

Visited September 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

For many years the experience of the 7 course meal at Genoa is unmatched. Always different and flavorful. Bring your wallet full or good credit card.

Los Angeles, California
“Very Nice Fixed Price Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Genoa is something unique in Portland. They offer a five course fixed price menu ( $65)where the only choice is the main course ( between 2 options ) and desert. They also have a vegetarian option. I ate there recently with my wife and daughter and we all ordered the duck as our main. The waiter explained that these ducks are not raised for foie gras so they are lean. It was the tastiest duck I've ever had. All the courses were delicious. Venison carpaccio , home made past with champaign mushrooms, smoked trout in a salad , the duck and for desert, a delicious cheesecake.
I ordered the wine parings and the wines ($40) were unusual and well presented and explained by our excellent waiter.
This is not an every week italian restaurant but much more a special event place. We thought the service, food and atmosphere were all top notch and will be back. I understand they change the menu every month.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Prescott, Arizona
“Amazing Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Creative and delicious! It was a 5 course menu service the night we were there, however, we asked and received a 3 course menu. Service impeccable, food amazing. Italian, but lighter, more concentrated flavors and fresher with the finest local ingredients. A must do!

Visited August 2012