“Just a Tip!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ringside Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 3,627 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Californian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: NW 22nd
Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field). Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound. Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Just a Tip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is my second review simply to let those that are celebrating a special night to make SURE you let them know you would also like a special table.
For the past four years my husband and I drive down from Washington (about 150 miles) to celebrate our anniversary at The Ringside, and we have always had a great time until this year! We had a 5:30 reservation, hence the restaurant was empty and, to our horrors, they lead us to a center banquet table right in front of the kitchen door. (And they knew it was our anniversary!) Thank God my husband refused the table and they then gave us a table kind of tucked away in the corner (at least better than the kitchen door and sitting next to people on both sides - yikes). Those tables should be reserved for last resort and/or people that show up without a reservation - not returning guests with reservations for their anniversary!!!
The onion rings are still amazing, service good, steaks well-prepared, but our night never recovered. So IF, and that's a big if. we return we will make sure to be more specific than just letting them know that it is a special night. suggest you do the same :)

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“One of the most consistent steakhouses in the NW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Excellent steaks! Yes, they are pricey, so it is a treat for us, but always worth it, in my opinion.

Visited October 2012
Missoula
“Mmm...delicious steak.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Although I haven't been here for a long time, the food is wonderful and steak delicious. The atmosphere is classy but unpretentious; the food and service are impeccable.

The cuisine at Ringside is traditional but not boring and the restaurant has great specials for early diners (usually before 6 p.m.)...be sure to check these out before visiting.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Fabulous Happy Hour in a town of great HH meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I'm reviewing the Happy Hour menu; haven't eaten in the restaurant...yet.

A friend and I enjoyed HH there last night--what a treat and what a value!!! We ordered the potato skins, steak bites and caesar salad, each of which was excellent. The prime rib sandwich, though, was a bust in that it was well done meat. The bar is cozy and there's a TV if you can't stand to miss football. Service was good. I hear that often there are lines to get in the door for the Sunday HH. (Sunday is the only time HH is in the early evening; otherwise it's after 9:30). We got there about 4:30 and found a table right away. Valet parking makes things even easier.

Oh yes, dessert (not HH special) is enough to bring me back no matter what the price.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Best place bar none”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is a Portland classic, the steak is awesome, the service is second to none. My Dad took me here for my 21st birthday, 20 years ago and I fell in love with the place and it has never let me down in all these years.

Visited June 2012