“Wide array of dishes, pleasant atmosphere, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Kennewick, Washington
“Wide array of dishes, pleasant atmosphere, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed our dinner here. There was a wide variety of dishes to choose from, including vegetarian. Decent wine list. It was a pleasant, intimate atmosphere. But there were families there too.
the service was good. We had a very leisurely meal, but I noticed that customers who mentioned they had a show to catch were speedily handled. Restaurant is easy to visit because it is on the Tri-Met line.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Oregon
“A bit of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am quite surprised by the reviews given to this restaurant. It is wonderful. The hostess is incredibly hospitable and makes you feel so welcomed and appreciated. The first time I came here was on the one year anniversary of my husband's death. He had been in the Peace Corps in Iran and so my daughter and I wanted to honor him by going to a Persian restaurant. We shared stories and had a delicious meal which was followed by a mini dessert tray.
I have come here many times with friends, mostly to the luncheon buffet which has the most delicious and fresh vegetable khoreshts. One time my daughter had her 15th birthday party at this restaurant and all her friends loved the food. On two occasions we went for dinner and ordered off the menu. One occasion was with friends from New York who had been in the Peace Corps with my husband and they loved it. Most recently I took my daughter there for her 20th birthday and we had The 5 course Taste of Persia. It was followed by the most delicious tea made of rose petals, jasmine, and cardamon along with a little dessert tray. The hostess knew it was my daughter's birthday, so she put a candle on her baklava. So special. This is my favorite restaurant in Portland.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oliver, Canada
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We discovered this place while wandering around downtown Portland. We had never tried Persian food so we thought we'd give it a go. The lady who waited on us was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant itself is quite small.

As this was our first try at this cuisine, we were not sure what to expect. We were both very disappointed in our meals. The food was not very tasty, in fact it was so,so. Perhaps that is what the cuisine is supposed to be like but I somehow doubt it.

The prices were mid-range and the service was good until the waitress realized we did not care for the food then we hardly saw her again.

Not a place I would return to.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
1,400 reviews 1,400 reviews
“Boring Persian food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had lunch here with an Iranian associate who suggested we try this Persian Restaurant. We both had the luncheon buffet. I was very disappointed by the quality of the food at this restaurant. I love Persian food but this restaurant did not have the proper Persian seasonings that I am used to. The only meat they had on the buffet was chicken, which was disappointing as I had a taste for steak kebobs. The owner said they only serve kabobs for dinner. The salad bar was disappointing as well as something was definitely lacking. They had a big sign posted which said “one visit to soup and salad only, please”.

I do not plan to return to this restaurant as there are many better places to have lunch in Portland.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“hidden gem - good buffet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

stopped by for lunch buffet on a whim - food was terrific. Decor and ambiance were certainly nothing special, but the food was hot, plentiful and delicious - lots of main courses on the steam tables, and a soup and salad bar as well (one visit to soup and salad only, please). One quarrel was that the dishes were not labelled, so what was in them was a bit of guess work, but everything i tried i liked. no desserts, though. the host was rather indifferent, but the hostess was pleasant and kept our water glasses and coffee cups filled. good stuff!

Visited April 2012