“Amazing View” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #381 of 3,629 Restaurants in Portland
Transit: Tri Met Line #65 X
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have eaten there several times. This last time was to entertain a business associate from Jordan. The night was clear, so the view was unbeatable. The service was really good. A few times it has been rather slow. The Maple Glazed Salmon was great. Was not impressed with the fried asparagus. The crab and mango stack appetizer is always a favorite. It is nice to have the view without having to go downtown. We will continue to visit this restaurant for a nice, local evening out.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oregon
“Terrific view, service, food...gave them a second chance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

After being members and enjoying the Chart House as one of our favorite restaurants we experienced an unusually terrible meal on our anniversary. I had been looking forward to great food and special treatment and went with the selection the special the server recommended. It was terrible plus not cooked all the way so had to send it back. After dinner I expressed to the manager how disappointed we were in the whole evening. She just wanted to make it right and I told her I didn't know if we'd even be back. She was determined to make it right and gave us 2 free meals to come back and to see her. We did take a group back in Jan. and all had terrific meals. They had tagged our name and made sure every thing went well. Speak up if things aren't to your satisfaction and give them a second chance then tell them you are back and hoping for better than last time. Talk to the manager.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Keizer
“Terrific view, service and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Easy to make reservations that were confirmed not only when shortly after making them but again 24 hrs in advance of the visit. Upon arrival, the table was read for 11 of us, we were immediately greeted, seated and offered beverages and appetizers. Every person had a great view of the lights in Portland. They had two people assigned to our table to take orders, see that water glasses were full and to make sure our every need was met. When our entree's arrived, they had multiple service staff deliver piping hot plates to our table...all at the same time...in spite of the fact we were a large group and it was only two days before Christmas and they were packed. Every meal was fabulous as were our appetizers and drinks. The menus were customized with our name and the event we were celebrating. They did not miss a detail.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Oswego. Oregon
“BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

For almost a year a friend had been telling me about the Chart House and how great it was. So for my 50ish birthday I hosted my birthday party here! There was 12 of us and NOTHING went right! The server had memory loss, could not get the menu items straight and it was very, very expensive for the portions you recieved. Small amounts on big plates. I was not impressed and would never go back. The view was stunning over looking the landscape of Portland with all the twinkling lights but the service and the food left alot to be desired for! Not one guest at my birthday stated they would be back!!! It was $500.00 for the meal and 3 people ordered salads! VERY expensive and totally falls short of the taste and the quality of food! NOT going back!

Visited September 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Such a miss...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

a beautiful day and an incredible view, just wish the decor and food came close. My girl and I were both wondering why we never go to the Charthouse as the setting is so beautiful...well, after the meal we had no such questions. the place was remodeled in in the late 90's I would guess and definitely needs some love. We had brunch and it was a major disappointment. My omelet was as close to tasteless as possible and my girls Beet salad was of a similar vein...they seem to think oversize portions would make up for the lack of imagination and poor quality...sad.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Chart House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Chart House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.