“Thanks for the Memories” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Huber's Restaurant

Huber's Restaurant
411 SW Third Ave, Portland, OR 97204 (Downtown)
(503) 228-5686
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Huber's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #149 of 3,621 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Stark Street
Transit: The light rail train(MAX) stop about 3 blocks from Huber's. Get off at the Oak Street station then walk 3 blocks west to 3rd Ave. We are just off Stark St. on 3rd Ave at 411 SW 3rd.
Northern California
“Thanks for the Memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I think I must have eaten my way through my current visit to Portland -

Went to dinner at Huber's with the wonder of how can they make Turkey Dinner something special. Come on - how can you make turkey roll and canned cranberry sauce special.

Boy was I wrong

If I closed my eyes I was transferred back to the best Thanksgiving Dinners of my youth. The real sliced turkey breast was tender and full of flavor - the fresh made cranberry sauce the perfect addition - resulting in that "flavor memory" - - I have to confess, I even took a piece of bread and mopped up the plate - -

I had the 3 course special - salad, turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, veggie, cranberry, bread pudding dessert - all for $20 -

Great Price Value - Great Flavor - Great Atmosphere - and GREAT MEMORIES

Thanks Guys!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hoover, Alabama
“Good Food, service a little disjointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our server was a little bit out of sorts on this visit. The food however was outstanding and the ambiance of this historic restaurant made for a good visit and we look forward to returning the next time we take a trip to the Pacific NW. Price value was fine. I recommend the clam chowder.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Duncan, South Carolina
“Christmas Eve Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My group ate at Huber's on Christmas Eve during our trip to Portland. The food was alright, but it seemed expensive for what it was. We were seated in the back in the room with the bar. It was crowded and noisy, but some of that could have been due to the holiday. There's not really one thing to point to that was "wrong", but I don't think we'd visit again based on our experience--crowded and noisy with just okay food.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florence, Oregon
“Pleasant Discovery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was our first visit to Huber's and what a wonderful surprise. When you are on the street it appears to be a small cafe, but once you enter it seems to go on forever. There are many booths and tables, and a great bar to the rear section that is very lively. The front area/bar seems a little more private for a couple to converse. The servers were prompt and pleasant and the food was very delicious. Nice atmosphere! We are going to return soon.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good Food and Even Better Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We dined at Hubers on a recent trip to Portland. All in all it was a very enjoyable evening. Our server, Jelana, was delightful and provided excellent service. I had the turkey dinner and it was delicious as were all the trimmings. My husband had the half and half. He normally does not eat turkey and ham so why he ordered it I don’t know, but he said it was pretty good. Our son had the blackened prime rib which he said was very good. My husband tried the famous Huber’s Spanish Coffee. Although strong he really enjoyed it. Everything about our meal was perfect, primarily the service. Thanks, Jelana. What a difference a good server can make in one’s overall enjoyment at a restaurant!!

• Visited December 2013