“Hubers is somewhat inconsistent” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Huber's Restaurant

Huber's Restaurant
411 SW Third Ave, Portland, OR 97204 (Downtown)
(503) 228-5686
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Huber's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 3,617 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Stark Street
Transit: The light rail train(MAX) stop about 3 blocks from Huber's. Get off at the Oak Street station then walk 3 blocks west to 3rd Ave. We are just off Stark St. on 3rd Ave at 411 SW 3rd.
Portland, Oregon
“Hubers is somewhat inconsistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Have had good previous experiences here but have noticed the service is slower to the point where we don't risk getting lunch here amymore as we know we will not be out in an hour. They have a huge menu which could do with some updating and paring down. Their Spanish Coffees will always rule, so Happy Hour is a good time to visit.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Beaverton, Oregon
“Spanish Coffee!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I stopped in here for the very first time for a late night Spanish Coffee. The place was very busy, but we got a table in the bar area no problem, and quickly. We weren't quite sure what to expect, but the value and the prices on their happy hour menu are incredible! We ordered our first round of Spanish Coffees and they send out someone with a cart with the ingredients, and they prepare your drink table side with incredible flare! I was quite impressed by it I must say. The drink itself was fantastic, and really hit the spot! We initially just came in for a drink, but we ended up ordering a 2nd round, as well as their Turkey Sandwich that's on the happy hour menu. The sandwich was traditional and nothing fancy, but after a late night, and a few drinks it really hit the spot as well, plus you can't go wrong with the amount of $ they actually charge for it!

If you haven't been yet, and you like Spanish Coffee, or a fun atmosphere come in and enjoy!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ridgefield
“Always a favorite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I think this is one of the few restaurants we go to,that never disappoints. The turkey dishes are as close to what I eat at home growing up as can be found. I would suggest you sit in the dinning room as the bar area is very loud.

Visited October 2012
“Great Food, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We recently ate at Huber's for the first time in almost 20 years. What a mistake to wait so long to return! It was very easy to make a reservation on my wife's iphone, and with less than an hour's advance notice (on a Monday night). The staff was friendly, the food was outstanding, and the price was very reasonable. My wife got Huber's traditional turkey dinner, which was predictably excellent. The real surprise was the steak I got--I felt like I got the best steak in town, but for much less money than several of the perhaps well known "steakhouses." We definitely won't wait so long to return next time!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aloha, OR
“Thanksgiving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went to Huber's for Thanksgiving this year since they are well known for their Turkey dinner. The food was great with one exception, I did not care for the stuffing which did not have much flavor and was like eating a moist bread ball. Overall a very good meal and the spanish coffee is made tableside with great flair. I would not recommend going again on a holiday since it is very loud and crowded. Next year we will cook at home. That being said, we have come to this restaurant for a small lunch in the past and enjoyed everything. I will visit again just not at a peak time.

• Visited November 2012