“Try the Schnitzel!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Orlando
“Try the Schnitzel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice "Old World" decor, great beer selection, and delicious, authentic German food. I went with a buddy, had soft pretzel and fondue appetizer, very tasty. Prices are moderate and food is worth every cent. Serice was good , attentive but not overly so.

Menu has lots of choices - as long as you like meat! ( they do have Fish and Chips) There are sausage,pork, chicken, lamb, turkey dishes, and a cheeseburger. The Veal Jagerschnitzel was excellent, and plenty of it, good spatzel on the side. Reuben sandwich was also very good.

I will certainly go again, I have to try the Sauerbraten, and the Potatoe pancakes!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Anchorage, Alaska
“A surprise for airport food... good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Wife & I were at PDX on Saturday and we had dinner at Gustav's. We weren't expecting anything but typical airport pricing and we got really good food and service.

Wife had fondue (ok the cheese was a little better than mediocre) and I had halibut & chips (both deep fried to crispy perfection) and we shared onion rings (also nicely deep-fried). Portions of everything were large.

We'd eat here again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Astoria, Oregon
“its ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

don't compare it to Oktoberfest or any other German authentic places. Its a good imitation for those who can't get to the real thing.

Oregon City, Oregon
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Wonderful food and super suds. Very nice wait staff and excellant menu. Never rushed, able to enjoy a great meal.

Visited September 2012
Beaverton, Oregon
“Crab fondue... Need I say more?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We have always been loyal fans of Gustav's in Clackamas. My daughter and Ivisited this location got lunch. I love the wood/European decor. The service was good. We had the crab and cheese fondue. I want the recipe! The grilled bread to dip in the fondue was also very good. Then we ordered sandwiches. I had the turkey- it was also very flavorful and the ciabatta bun was very good. We had to take half of the sandwich home and we'll have to return later for dessert.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere