“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #588 of 3,539 restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Cambodian
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I read the reviews about Mekong Bistro which is just up the street from where I live and was really excited. We went on a Tuesday night. the place was totally empty. But I thought okay it's Tuesday. I was pretty disappointed in the food it was not as good as I was led to believe. ( the service was really good) the atmosphere was kinda spars.

The previous week I had the opportunity to go to Shangdongs on 37th & NE Broadway. It was like apples and oranges. I would pick Shangdongs. The prices were pretty much the same but the flavor @ Shangdongs was way better and the variety on the menu was better than Mekong Bistro.

I was looking for a local place I could just go to now and then but I don't think this will be it :(

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
florida
“A Real Gem for Delicious Cambodian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Our experience at Mekong Bistro was wonderful. The food was authentic and delicious, the portions were generous, and the service was very friendly. It is a new restaurant that is family owned and operated and we felt as if we were being treated like guests in their home. Staff went out of their way to please us. They have a large menu of Cambodian, Vietnamese and Laotian dishes and each and everything we tired was great-including the dessert of sticky rice and pudding.

• Visited May 2012