“Worse place ever been to” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Portland

You added Red Roof Inn Portland to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Portland
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   3828 NE 82nd Street, I-205, Columbia Blvd/Sandy Blvd, exit 23, Portland, OR 97220 (Formerly Travelodge Portland Airport)   |
Ranked #128 of 133 Hotels in Portland
“Worse place ever been to”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the most horrible place I have ever stayed in. The people working at the desk were rude. The rooms smelled. Had trouble opening the door and the mattress was disgusting. Not to mention all the hoodlums and drug addict looking people walking around the campus. Don't believe every thing you see on the Internet... The pictures were of some hotel but not this one!!!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

Do not stay at this hotel. The room looked like something out of a horror film. The doors do not lock,the TV programming is off, there is plywood to patch holes in the roof of the room, major water damage in the bathroom, the furniture including the bed and linens are stained and smelly, the outside door of the hotel is broken and any body can walk in, the water from the facet smells and is odd in color. It is worth the money to stay at a different hotel. This place is disgusting and offered no piece of mind. In fact it scarded the hell out of my daughter.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Mangalore, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

I was shocked to see the condition of the room. The main door was broken and just about stood on its hinges. Although I had asked for a non-smoking room, this room was clearly a smoking one and The AC filled the room with musty air. The bath did not even have a shower curtain.
I called up the reception immediately upon seeing the condition of the room, but I was crudely told that although it was a non-smoking room, guests do smoke at times and the hotel missed cleaning it up properly. I asked if I could be moved to a more habitable room, but I was told that this was the only room they had and they could check me out if I wanted. It was in the middle of the night and I had no clue where I would find another hotel. So I had no option but to spend the night in this very lame excuse for a hotel room. My worst experience in a hotel ever. Please make sure you make your bookings early so that you never have to end up in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

I got a room here for Valentines Day with my wife. The hotel is undergoing a remodel, so only about half of the rooms are available. There is no vending machines, no ice machine, no flat screen tvs. That's just the begining. At first glance, our room was ok. I've stayed in worse, so no big deal. Until I look up at the ceiling. Red stains on the ceiling and next to the bed on the wall as well. We had an alright night of sleep, but at 7 am, my wife wakes up to our neighbors yelling and screaming, and also the sound of paint sprayers and power tools. When I attempted to call the office, I let the phone ring for about 5 minutes before hanging it up. There was no answer. I will not be staying here again. It was better when it was the Travelodge and it was full of tweakers and hookers.

• Stayed February 2015
Lathrop, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

It was by far the worst hotel/motel experience in my entire life. Please if you love your health, your sanity, DO NOT stay in this hotel, is more like a roach motel.
Carpet stained and smell of urine, couches dirty, sound of drilling and hammering way into 9:00 pm.
When asked to exchange the room the new room was even worst, bathtub had rust stains. Plus all the rooms had the smoke detector cover in red plastics and not even connected (yes I checked other rooms and the customers were quite pissed off!!). They advertise rooms for 50.00 a night plus continental breakfast. No continental breakfast and rooms were 65.00 per night. Horrible place that should be burnt to the ground and rebuild properly.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

The pictures are lies. I don't complain I will about this place. The carpet leading to to rooms should have been enough for me. I go into the room my 10 ur old says mom this is gross. Stains on the walls and bedding skirt. Tbe room carpet was gross, exposed wires that had to fixed 11pm at night. The guguy that fixed tbe wires was very creepy. In all my hotel stays through out the years this is the worst. I called guess relations to tell them that they need to knock the building down and start from scratch. I've stayed in red roof in before so I assumed that this was just as nice. Don't let the pictures fool you.

• Stayed January 2015
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015 via mobile

They are in the middle of remodeling they dont care if its 8am,8pm,or 2am and they are keeping everyone up.when asking manager how long they were going to be banging for at9pm he started yelling and cussing me out I had to ask him why he was raising his voice and talking to me like that for asking a question. I seen I was double charged went to ask why Glen refused to help me.then manager said you have to tell your bank to dispute it Im not doing ANYTHING.

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Red Roof Inn Portland? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Roof Inn Portland

Address: 3828 NE 82nd Street, I-205, Columbia Blvd/Sandy Blvd, exit 23, Portland, OR 97220 (Formerly Travelodge Portland Airport)
Location: United States > Oregon > Portland
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #128 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Red Roof Inn Portland 1.5*
Red Roof Inn Portland is conveniently located off I-205 near Columbia River Gorge, Woodburn Premium Outlets and only an hour from Mt. Hood. Our hotel offers outdoor pool, conference room and fitness center. Guest rooms include flat-screen TV, and free WiFi. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Red Roof Inn, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Portland Airport Hotel Portland

If you own or manage Red Roof Inn Portland, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.