“not a good stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Portland

You added Red Roof Inn Portland to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Portland
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   3828 NE 82nd Street, I-205, Columbia Blvd/Sandy Blvd, exit 23, Portland, OR 97220 (Formerly Travelodge Portland Airport)   |
Ranked #128 of 133 Hotels in Portland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Portland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

It was dirty, poorly maintained and poorly staffed. The room had no towels in it. I had to call down to the front desk and request towels. She wouldn't bring them up, I had to go get them, then she acted like she was doing me a favor. Also no remote for the TV. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was by far the worst place we have ever visited. The motel is very dirty,noisy, dilapidated, stinking, the building is in desperate needs of major renovation as nothing is working properly, we made a reservation online because if the name and were shocked to see the shape the place was in, Requests will not be honored at all and the neighborhood is not safe by any means, since many shady characters come and go. We end up leaving the place first thing in the morning and looked for another place..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Newport, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Went to Portland with hopes of getting a new car. By the time I was able to find something the banks were closed and there was nothing I could do. Being 3 hours away and having bad tires, and plans on being in Portland the next day anyways I decided I needed a room. Went cheap and got the room for about $50. Seemed kinda quiet at first, we got into our room and the tv didnt work, Called my dad and he told me "its because people generally rent those rooms by the hour" (Hookers, drug deals, etc.) I didn't want to touch anything after that, because I knew it was true. Got a different room from the guy working the front desk and it was worse. Blood splattered above the headboard of the first bed about 10 spots. And on the side of the other bed on the far side by the window there was a blood streak about 2 feet long from the floor up. There was ants in the sink, 1 towel with a whole in it, cobwebs in the coffee pot, more blood on the corner of the wall where the drywall had been busted. Someone was either beat bad or killed in that room and they have yet to clean it. Carpets stained so bad I didnt take my shoes off. Guy outside tried selling me a phone for $150 and claimed he had 10 of them Saw someone else come up the stairs with a cowboy hat in his bag and saw hookers outside. Cops up and down 82nd all night. Ended up sleeping on end of bed in the clothes i showed up in for about 3 hours and used my own bag as a pillow. Considered sleeping in the car but I would have probably been car jacked and or killed. Spend a few more dollars and get a hotel not on 82nd

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Portland? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Roof Inn Portland

Address: 3828 NE 82nd Street, I-205, Columbia Blvd/Sandy Blvd, exit 23, Portland, OR 97220 (Formerly Travelodge Portland Airport)
Location: United States > Oregon > Portland
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #128 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Red Roof Inn Portland 1.5*
Red Roof Inn Portland is conveniently located off I-205 near Columbia River Gorge, Woodburn Premium Outlets and only an hour from Mt. Hood. Our hotel offers outdoor pool, conference room and fitness center. Guest rooms include flat-screen TV, and free WiFi. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Red Roof Inn, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Odigeo so you can book your Red Roof Inn Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Portland Airport Hotel Portland

If you own or manage Red Roof Inn Portland, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.