“The best of all!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Portland, Oregon
“The best of all!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I came across this wonderful motel while on travel, The owners Jay, and Lena greeted me when I arrived with a genuine humble, and appreciative greeting. I stayed there for three weeks. The rooms are personal, clean, and quite cozy. There is daily cleaning of the rooms, and the staff is also very personal. I have stayed at some of the worlds most mentioned hotels like The Heathman ,The Governor, The Benson, as well as The Waldorf. I would highly recommend the managers of these establishments visit The Nordic, and clone there way of serving the public in the hospitality genre. I will never stay anywhere else when in need of a hotel other than The Nordic. I can't say enough about my experience here. In fact there isn't a word in the dictionary to perfectly describe this establishment!! But don't take my word for it, go and experience it for yourself. $337.00 for seven days, a fraction of the cost of the other hotels with much larger rewards. So if you are looking for a GREAT MOTEL. Look no further, there is only one. THE NORDIC!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room number 25 is on the corner and is close to anything you may need or want. I love this place.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Burnet, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I cannot understand the "good" reviews this motel has received. I reserved a room here for two nights, but started questioning it when I saw the neighborhood. I drove by used tire shops, motorcycle repair shops, smoke shops, and light industry, and began to wonder. When I finally found the Nordic, in between two disreputable-looking no-tell motels, I knew I would not be spending ANY time here at all.Not only was the neighborhood industrial and run down, there was what appeared to be a prostitute doing business in the parking lot...at 5 p.m! I got out of there as quickly as I could. This is no place for a woman traveling alone, or for anyone who values their safety! If I could have rated this worse than terrible, I would have. Awful neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Me any my wife chose this motel because it was cheap and had good reviews. We definitely agree that the room was clean compared to some other motels but we did have some complaints regarding our stay:
1. The walls between units seem to be thin as we heard the next door unit at night (TV and "other" noises). Also the nearby train track and morning freight trains were not helpful to getting a peaceful night of sleep. 2. The free "high-speed" internet was basically useless with our tablet computers. The signal was weak and disconnected frequently. Our unit was one of the middle units. I assume a unit closer to the office would get a stronger signal. 3. The bed and pillows were not comfortable to us (this viewpoint would of course vary depending on the person). We were not able to sleep well on the flat pillow and soft mattress.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Townsend, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Devoted owner/operators who continue to make improvements and upgrades on the units and want to do everything possible for you to have a pleasant stay. The achieve this goal with one exception; location on a busy street near the airport and trains. Would we stay again? Yes with ear plugs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
rochester, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

So I researched inexpensive places to stay in NE Portland, as my dad was in the hospital there, and I knew I may be there up to a week, so I couldn't afford anything fancy for that long. I came across website for Nordic Motel. Looking at the pics of it on website, I thought it looked ideal and I was surprised because the rooms were even better than what the internet depicted. They had recently been remodeled, new paint, appliances, everything! We had a two- bed room with kitchenette, and the other bed was in it's own room! Each bed had a huge flat screen t.v. pointed right at it, there were big dressers and many cabinets to put away your personal stuff, and a small dinette set. It was perfect. The regular sized refrigerator helped us save on dining out, as I stocked it with food that I had brought. The outside of the buildings were well lit and the motel is fenced except for the entrance. Although you can hear the planes (airport is fairly close) and you can hear the tire shop next door (can't hear it with the t.v. on, and they closed at 5) I never heard the people in the next rooms. Now, the location is fantastic, near airport and hospital, but the neighborhood looked a little rough. However, there were folks of all kinds staying at the motel, and very good restaurants in the area and we had no problems. I really really liked this place. BUT bring your own instant coffee or you can get it in motel lobby. There isn't java maker in the room-I came prepared because I am a spoiled Washatonian hooked on Starbucks. haha!

Room Tip: As far as I know, most of the rooms have been remodeled but ask the clerk.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

i stayed here on a road trip, so i had my car. staying for two nights i'd generally prefer to be close to the downtown action, but the cost of hotels and parking downtown made the nordic my choice. in hindsight i am very glad to have chosen as i did.

the hotel is about 10/15 minutes from the action in town, but just a few from gas stations, banks and other commercial enterprises. i believe there is a coffee stand across the street from the motel. no breakfast at the nordic, but why worry? you should be eating at the waffle window in town anyway.

rooms were clean and had nice amenities. good wifi. quiet sleep, though the motel wasn't exactly bursting at the seams in january. friendly, attentive staff as my smoke detector began chirping. gentleman came right over and immediately swapped the batteries. we chatted and he assured me this should do the trick, but if not to call the front desk and he would put in a brand new detector if necessary.

not sure how the nordic would work out without your own transportation--and it very well may be fine--but WITH a car, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I travel worldwide for work and play, typically staying in hotels or condos. However when traveling to Portland, it's usually playtime so I stay either at the Silver Cloud downtown or at the airport at the aloft. This time however I decided to scan all motels/hotels to see what else was out there starting with the lower priced ones. When I saw the photos and read the reviews for the Nordic, it sounded interesting. The pics and overall good reviews, plus the fabulous price made it easy to chose this place. One caveat: if you're looking for downtown this ain't it. Also if you're familiar with Portland you know stretches of Sandy Blvd. can be sketchy. However east of the 205 interchange was unfamiliar territory for me, but it wasn't that bad. Yes it's sparsely populated (no SBUX, restaurants, etc) so not sure if I would walk the street alone at night, but has easy access to the airport. This motel is absolutely spotless, beautifully decorated, yes I said beautiful, and nicely laid out. Not sure if it's new or recently renovated. Small yes, but totally functional. I felt safe and got good night sleeps. Overall, I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Nordic Motel? Share your experiences!