“Wonderful Value!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #160 of 3,687 Restaurants in Portland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Excellent happy hour 6 days a week, open until 4am Fri/Sat, downtown location.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
“Wonderful Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My friend and I were looking for a place nearby and Yelp led us here. The street was absolutely dead so we thought we weren't in the right area, but once we saw Luc Lac and went inside, we realized where are all the humans were! This place was bustling and it was a Tuesday.

We ordered our meals while waiting. I love it when restaurants do this. Definitely speeds things up. The service was almost non-existent, but that's the type of place it is. Self-serve cutlery, water, etc. The times I did have to deal with staff, they were polite enough but seemed a bit stressed.

The food was so good. We had the usual vietnamese salad rolls. For my main, I had a chicken dish with peanut sauce and my buddy some sort of pork/chicken combo. Both our meals were ample sized and delicious. When all was said and done, our meal was only $25! We wish we had found this place sooner as we would have definitely come again. Next visit to Portland I guess.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Austin, Texas
“Luc Lac Lick Lips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

i will be eating here again before I leave Portland...while the portion sizes are HUGE and the prices are so inexpensive I turned my beef pho into 2 days worth of lunch, enjoyed the shrimp spring rolls with the very thick peanut sauce and the crispy veggie rolls which I could have eaten all 4... all in all loved the fresh Vietnamese experience

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St louis MO
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

For under $50 for 3 people we had appetizers, main courses and drinks. I said that my mouth did a happy dance with the spectacular flavors. One dish was better than the next, including fabulous vegan entrees to satisfy all. The place was full, yet the food came within a few minutes. What a delight.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Great food with fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Located in downtown Portland, this restaurant delivers amazingly tasty and cheap Vietnamese food. The vibe is hip and fun. You place your order upfront at the register and then take a number to your table. It's very popular, so expect a line or arrive a little early. This place is perfect for date night or a small gathering of friends. I would not try to bring more than 4-6 people at a time though, as the layout doesn't quite support it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beaver, PA
“Fun and delicious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

LOVED Luc Lac Kitchen... Sort of a hole-in-the-wall joint (which doesn't bother me a bit) and a very interesting service process, ordering at the counter. My husband and I don't get the opportunity for Vietnamese food very often (like EVER...), so we ordered a ton of food to try: crispy pork rolls, fresh shrimp spring rolls, beef salad, pork sausage banh mi and finally a vermicelli bowl with BBQ pork. The rolls, I probably wouldn't order again. The other items? All day long... We each ordered a drink, plus all of the aforementioned feast, and our tab before tip was a whopping $42. You cannot go wrong with this place. Apparently a great spot for late night, too.

• Visited March 2013