“Blood stained room” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Portland, Oregon
“Blood stained room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The room I had in this hotel had blood splatter on the back side of the curtain. The blood was splattered and never even cleaned off. There was blood also on the bathroom walls in various places and on a chair by the curtains. Looked like someone had a severe injury in the room. The pillows had hair on them. Gross!!!
The hotel was conveniently close to the convention center and price was cheap.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Dayton, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The building is very old but the beds were comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. The day man told us an awesome place for breakfast; Pinestreet Biscuits; very eclectic but delicious! We had soaps in the wrappers, the beds were clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Seaside, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel was the location. We were on our way back from a mini vacation and decided to spend one last night away from home-what a mistake! The hotel is in such disrepair that it either needs to be torn down or gutted. We were out and about till late in the evening and if we had noticed how bad it was earlier we would have left. There were stains on the carpet and chairs-ever heard of shampooing? We also found hair in one of the beds and stains on one of the bedspreads! Believe it or not the toilet seat was also dirty! Are you kidding me! I'm paying for a place to stay and have to buy supplies to clean a toilet! I spent most of the night sitting in one of the STAINED chairs afraid to go to bed-thought we might come away with bed bugs or lice! My husband has medical conditions and needed to rest otherwise I would have left in the middle of the night. We went outside at around 10:00pm and took the stairs because it was the closest exit to our room and that way my husband didn't have as far to go. We stood right next to the exit door and blocked it about a 1/2 inch open so we could go back in the same way. Next thing we knew a person from the front desk opened the door and kicked the item we used to keep the door open and glared at us like he was ready for a confrontation. Now I had to help my husband try to walk back to the lobby (quite a distance) and up the elevator and down a hallway (again quite a distance for someone with heart problems and cancer) to our NASTY room. Does this front desk person think his wages just fall out of the sky? If it weren't for customers he wouldn't have a job! I put up with all of the dirty nastiness in the room so my husband could rest but the attitude of staff was over the top and I am now thinking I will dispute the room charge! I work for a hotel and the filth and attitude are totally unacceptable. If this were where I work someone would no longer have a job. If they don't want you to use anything but the main entrance/exit they could say so politely and it was not like we were blocking the door open so anyone could just go in, we were right by the door. I'm sure this bully knew we didn't have the door open to let people in to party (I'm in my mid 50's and my husband is in his 60's)! Thinking I should contact the manager but by the looks of the place it probably wouldn't make a difference.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hermiston, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Location not withstanding, please think at least twice before booking here. The best part about the stay was the hotel and parking were right across from the convention center. We had booked a king bed and got two queens. OK, Leftover soap in the bath, not great but ok, it happens. But what came next.... While checking to see if the vent was blowing any air I accidentally dislodged and was nearly stuck by a hypodermic needle and syringe as it fell to the floor. So when I tried to call the front desk, the phone in the room did not work. the hotel was completely booked, so changing rooms was not possible and since they were already paid for changing hotels was not possible.The front desk staff was as helpful as he could be, but the best they could do was comp us for the night.The next morning we found the sink and tub would not drain hardly at all. Bottom line - stay someplace else, unless you're one of those who like living on the edge and your health insurance is paid in advance

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very old and unkept hotel, should be torn down. Sure OLD, worn and dingy is one thing but dirty is quite another. Booked 6 months in advance for 2 nights during the STP, Seattle to Portland bike event, based on location. Paid $100.00 per night, which was WAY too much. The linen was so scary looking we went out and bought a new set of sheets. They were very thin and had several small holes throughout. Dirty stains on chair, door frames, carpet, walls and more. WiFi? Forget it. Would have moved if other area hotels weren't totally booked.

Room Tip: Don't bother, find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Qualicum Beach, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I would never stay in this place again. The reviews we read stated that it was simply out dated but ok. We found this not to be the case at all. The hotel hallways were dark and dingy. There were rug stain throughout The towel racks were coming off the walls, plaster giving away from the ceilings. The bathroom was so stained in the tub area. Housekeeping staff did their best to clean a decrepit room in disrepair. Our glass patio door had huge cracks in it which unstructured our view of gravel. There was a homeless person sleeping in the stairwell. I tried to be very positive but when we found cigarette burns on the bed sheets it was just truly enough. This hotel, had a convenient location but was a smidgen above a skid row hotel. The motel 6 across the street was much better looking for the same cost. Don't stay here unless you truly don't care where you lay your head at night

Room Tip: Read trip advisor well You do get what you pay for
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kentfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

It was late and we booked this place through hotwire. Upon arriving the front desk staff was not friendly at all and after getting off the elevator and seeing the stains on the carpet in the hallway and how hot the hallway was and the smell the red flags started going up. After we opened our door to the room and finding know difference we turned around and walked out and called hotwire and told us of our experience and they credited our card. DO NOT GO HERE unless you don't mind a dirty hotel with a very bad smell.

Room Tip: We walked out so I can't give you a good tip other than the fact of picking someplace else to st...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!