“EXCELLENT return visit to Hotel Lucia” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Lucia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 SW Broadway, Portland, OR 97205 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save 15% on Trip Advisor!
Ranked #13 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Colorado
“EXCELLENT return visit to Hotel Lucia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My last visit to Hotel Lucia, in October 2013, was a very rushed and quick visit around a business trip and mini-conference. This recent visit, I also came for business, but also spent the weekend with my wife. We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Lucia. The staff was fantastic, and we loved the room. The best was the location - great spot to explore the fun surrounding area. A two minute walk to all of the amazing food trucks for which Portland is famous. Powell's bookstore is a short walk away, as is many of Portland's finest breweries and brew pubs. The waterfront area is really close and perfect for a morning run. If you are staying here, there really is no need for a rental car - everything is within walking distance, and you can take the light rail, which is about three blocks away.
This was a great visit, and we will surely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelGM529, General Manager at Hotel Lucia, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Great news and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to know that you were able to combine a little work with a little play. The location is great for either, as you point out. I agree, our staff is fantastic.

Again, thanks for both the business and for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We look forward to having you back.

Christopher Bebo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

A near perfect experience. The friendliest staff EVER (Tyson, Amy especially). I have been to multiple Four Seasons and nothing even comes close to the service here. It was our first trip to Portland and we found the location perfect. We did not need the rental car we had obtained. The bathroom was slightly on the small side but other than that the entire experience was sparkling. And the value was superb.

Room Tip: Unless you are planning an excursion outside of the city you will not need a rental car.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
What a great endorsement. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I was particularly pleased to hear about the gracious and professional manner in which you were cared for and I promise, I will share your kind words with the entire team. They deserve all of the credit.

Please let us know the next time you are in Portland. It would be our honor to have you as a return guest.

Chris Bebo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The hotel was in a great location, I could walk to plenty of shops, restaurants, and transportation (such as the Max which takes you to and from the airport). The staff was very friendly upon arrival and accommodated an early check in for me by upgrading me to a king suite at no extra cost. The staff is also very helpful in giving directions or recommending places to visit and eat. The rooms are small but are very clean and decor is beautiful (this goes for the entire hotel). I especially liked the bedding, plenty of nice comfy blankets. Great cafe open for breakfast and lunch which I frequented often. I would definitely stay here again whether it was for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I stayed in city view room facing Broadway and I had no trouble with noise. I also was right by the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Friendly staff? Great location? Complimentary upgrade upon early check -in? Yes, yes and yes. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your trip to the Hotel Lucia and that you found the directions and recommendations provided to you so helpful.

Please accept our thanks for not only the great review but for your business as well. We know you have choices and we are very happy to know that you will be back.

Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Boutique style hotel with posh nicely design. Warm dark colors and cozy rooms, though a bit small. The quality of materials are high. I do enjoy the bed and bedware. The toilet is tiny but clean and well designed.

I like small lobbies and his is the case with Lucia who has caters a small diner with great espresso and a typical Grand Cafe style restaurant that also makes good cocktails.

Location is ok with walking distance to the pearl district.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for noticing the recent renovation. The Hotel Lucia has updated its design and decor with guest comfort in mind. We appreciate that you noticed the quality of material used in updating the rooms, inparticular our new beds and linen.

Please consider staying with us again on your next trip to Portland. It would be our pleasure having you again.

Regards,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I booked this hotel via the hoteltonight app & received a great deal!

Check-In
There was some difficulty finding my reservation but that wasn’t the hotel’s fault and Corbey at the front desk did everything that he could to locate the reservation. He was so professional, patient & graciously helped me. And for the inconvenience of having to wait so long, he upgraded my room.

Location
The hotel is in a great location & is conveniently located in downtown which allows you to walk to many of the local bars & restaurants.

Dining
Try the Imperial located next door. This restaurant has an AMAZING brunch & it’s relatively affordable.

Suite
The Premium King suite was very nice & clean. The room is not very large but quaint and comfortable. The bed linens were also very clean. The goose down comforter is sure to keep you warm throughout the night. The bathroom is small but given that I was only in town for the Trailblazers game, I can’t complain about that because it suited my needs. There were more than enough bath & hand towels and I didn’t have to call housekeeping to replenish. There is black & white photos on the walls of the suite which adds a nice touch to the overall décor of the room.

Amenities
I cannot comment on the quality of the hotel’s amenities as I did not take advantage of these features.

All-In-All I was very pleased with my stay at the Hotel Lucia and will definitely return to this location on my next visit to Portland.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay at this hotel ask for a city view. I was on the 4th floor and since this was m...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a "staycation" (a great package offered by the hotel that covers free valet parking and a $30 dining credit, including room service!) and for the most part really enjoyed it. The rooms are simple and modern, although the photos online make them look much bigger than they really are. I was a little surprised at that. Most of the room is a bed and a TV, with a small desk, and the bathroom is quite tiny. Only room for one person in there! But maybe something you would expect in Europe. :) I had a hard time finding the hairdryer (fyi, it's in the closet). The staff was super friendly and helpful; only complaint is that every time we called the front desk in the evening, no one answered, then would call us back a few minutes later. Super comfy bed, and our view overlooked Broadway. It wasn't the quietest room for that reason (which is ok, if you don't mind city noise), but you can also hear the bathrooms above/around your room. So we could hear every time someone flushed the toilet. A little bothersome, but maybe that is to be expected in an old building. Location-wise, it was nice to be near the heart of downtown AND only a short walk to the Pearl district and lots of dining/shopping. Overall, the price was reasonable and I would overlook these little complaints to stay here again for a similar price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ketchikan, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I booked my room on a clearance site, then paid an extra $20 to get an outside room. For the location it was a steal! Service was absolutely impeccable. As other reviewers have noted, the rooms are not spacious, but the beds and linens were dreamy. It's also only 9 floors, so you don't get to see over the top of much, but I wasn't visiting Portland to hang out in a room, so the location and service more than made up the difference. Easy walk to Chinatown, Powell's, The Crystal, food carts, the waterfront, Voodoo,etc. Valet parking is expensive ($37/day), so take that into account. The great black and white photography throughout the property is a great touch.

Room Tip: Try for an outside room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
As an experienced traveler and reviewer I was even more pleased after reading your feedback. Thank you for both your business but also for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Impeccable Service and comfortable beds and linen? Sounds like a good combination and one we are pleased you enjoyed.

Please consider staying with us again on your next trip to Portland. We would love to have you back as our guest.

Christopher Bebo

Been to Hotel Lucia? Share your experiences!