“A Frequent Stop” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bethany's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #321 of 3,282 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“A Frequent Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We eat here quite often. We love the intimate atmosphere. The food is always fantastic. My son will request this restaurant because their burger is amazing. My husband gets the pork or steak special quite often. I am vegan and they will often modify something on the menu for me and it is always very tasty. The salads are great! Try the smoky bleu, it is wonderful, as is the warm beet salad. My son loves the minestrone soup, and will order it instead of a burger! We don't often get dessert, but when we do, it is VERY good. We also love their occasional wine dinners. What a great value for a wonderful experience.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portland, Oregon
“Hand's down...the best burger in the universe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

So....I have my eye exam in Bethany Village. Right across the street is Bethany's Table and the perfect spot for lunch after my appointment. I have a burger with mushrooms and a glass of white wine. Okay...wine at lunch? Well, it felt like I was on a vacation in a tiny village somewhere far away. It just seemed like the right thing to do. The wine was good...the burger was amazing. I have never, ever, had a burger this good. I only get my eyes checked once a year, but "I will be back" for more of this little gem's food. Yum and yum.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
“What service?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

After hearing good things I thought I would try out this neighborhood spot with a friend for lunch. When we went in we were not even greeted by a sour pussed woman who told us we could sit wherever we wanted so we picked a cheery table by the window. After our waiter described the wonderful specials and looking at the menu we did have a difficult time deciding on what to order because everything sounded delicious. We finally decided on the BLT with a cup of clam chowder for her and the fish taco special for me. Our food came out minus her soup so I politely asked the waiter for it which he went and got with no apology just came and dropped at the table. The food was quite good!
Then water started dropping on my friend which she couldn't figure out how this was happening but I could see where it was coming from. I told her to move quickly as the water soon began to quickly start pouring from the ceiling onto our table! Another guest ran in to the kitchen to get help as noone was coming to our rescue! The waiters were busy cleaning up the floor, the sour puss at the front desk was checking with the women at the next table who spilled a drink and were left to fend for ourselves. Not one employee or owner asked us if they could move us, help us, get us anything! They ignored us! Sour puss went around to all the other tables and spoke with them. When a man came out of the kitchen a little later with a ladder I asked if he was the owner and he said he was. When I mentioned this to him I was shocked at his response: "Obviosly we don't care so just consider your lunch on us." Ok Mr. Smart A#$! What I was looking for was an honest apology and how can I make it right and some good will - maybe then you would have gained some new customers! Way to do business!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Great Food, superb service, desserts are aphrodisiacs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

This little restaurant which is tucked into a strip mall kind of location will stun you with the quality and service. This rivals the very best restaurants in Portland if not other locales for superb food. The food is from local purveyors and has the seasonal menu that Portland chefs adore. However Janet the chef and owner is one of the most creative people I have seen in the restaurant business and we have been to acclaimed spots around the country with Michelin stars... this one is in their league is not at the very top.

There are local seafood dishes, look at the web site for pictures-- one of my favorites is the shrimp creole over soft polenta-- wonderful every time. We have had crusted sturgeon, tuna filets with salsa -- what ever is fresh is also superbly prepared. The meat dishes are interesting and tasty. The comfort foods such as pot pies or cottage pies or hamburgers are just right. For lunch the home made tomato bisque and cheese sandwich cannot be beat.

The desserts are a must. Save room. Over time I am addicted to the red velvet cake-- just like Elvis loved. But last night the combination of flower encrusted soft cheese with superb chocolates of several types just literally melted with aromas and taste in your mouth.. As the local university human sex teacher who will on Valentine's day do my lecture on aphrodisiacs I think this was my research!

The owners are welcoming and knowledgable as are the wait staff. I wanted a particular pepper martini not on the menu and the waiter obliged perfectly... What a find. Worth the drive if you don't live in this neighborhood. Their growing popularity is well deserved and reservations are now needed most nights but you could get lucky by walking in too..

• Visited February 2012