“Yummy breakfasts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hostess House B&B

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hostess House B&B
You added Hostess House B&B to your Saves list
5758 Northeast Emerson St, Portland, OR 97218   |
Ranked #24 of 40 Portland B&B and Inns
Rolling Hills, CA
“Yummy breakfasts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Hostess House is 10 minutes from the Portland airport in a quiet residential neighborhood. I wasn't sure it was a B and B from the outside, looked just like the other homes in the area. Milli welcomed me warmly and settled me into a cozy and comfortable bedroom. Breakfasts served from 7 to 9 a.m. were scrumptious and more than ample. Each day a different main dish, but always the homemade granola, fruit tray, Greek yogurt and biscotti. One day it was crepes, another German apple pancake with homemade apple syrup. If I had been there any longer I'd need to do something about my weight. I enjoyed my time there and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Only 2 rooms. both comfortable with private bath.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Alameda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

The ever charming Millie runs a very tight ship and prepares some of the tastiest breakfasts ever. My husband and I spent 3 nights at Hostess House in July, on advice from the Kennedy School's list of places to go when they're booked. The location is in an incredibly sleepy neighborhood not too far from the Alberta District which was fine for us. Since we were there to celebrate our friend's wedding we spent most of our time running around preparing for the event, and consequently spending very little time in our room or on the property. If you're looking for a scene this is not the place to go, but if you're looking for a comfortable night's sleep and hearty breakfast (with homemade granola, no less) for a great price, I wouldn't hestitate to book a room at the Hostess House.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2007

...but with much better food. This was a great find in Portland. My son & I stayed here for 2 nights. Milli, the owner, is a lovely woman and a fabulous cook. Our breakfasts were so good and hearty that we didn't need to eat lunch! Staying there was very comfortable, like at your nice aunt's house. It's nothing elaborate or fancy, but clean, comfy, and relaxing.

• Liked — hospitality and food
  • Disliked — no computer access
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hostess House B&B? Share your experiences!