“Just keeps getting better” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5019 NE 102 Avenue, Portland, OR 97220 (Formerly Red Lion Inn & Suites Portland Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #64 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Eugene, OR
“Just keeps getting better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is our favorite Portland hotel to stay at with our family. We've stayed half a dozen times over the past year. In August we stayed on two separate occassions.

1. We travel with a baby, so we always request a crib. We used to get a pack n play at this hotel, but they now have brand new, very safe cribs with actual crib sheets (!!!) The crib was spotless on both stays and the sheets are obviously cleaned with every use (just as it should be, but I find that hotel cribs aren't always the cleanest. I always travel with my own sheets, just in case). They even provided a light baby blanket. My son slept like a dream, which he never does in hotels.

2. Complimentary breakfast - their breakfast has always been nice, consisting of waffles, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and the usual breads and cereals. This trip we were thrilled to see they 'd expanded and now offer eggs (hard cooked, like for a sandwich) and sausages! I was able to make a yummy breakfast sandwich each morning of our stays. They kept it full, too. My only complaint here is the flow of traffic through the breakfast bar...everyone kept running into one another trying to get bread into the toasters, make waffles, etc.

3. Pool and sauna - both were working great and were nice and clean.

4. Bed & pillow - excellent quality, we all slept very well. Our party occupied three beds in 2 different rooms and we all found the beds to be very comfortable (better than we have at home). The pillows were nicer than expected.

Overall, the two nights we stayed in August (a week apart) were the best we've ever had at this hotel, making it our #1 choice for staying in Portland. The staff is great and always super friendly, eager to help. Always fresh hot coffee in the foyer with good creamer (not the cheap stuff!)

Room Tip: All of the rooms we've stayed in have been nice, but if you're looking for non-smoking, don...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

This is a newer (or recently remodeled) motel not far from the airport. I arrived in town early afternoon and went to the motel hoping to check in early, and the very friendly desk clerk was able to accommodate me. My room was clean and spacious, the bathroom and tub were clean and all the fixtures worked perfectly. The complimentary breakfast is very good with both hot and cold choices and a comfortable seating area. The location of the motel is perfect for getting around town by car--the freeway is only a few blocks away and one can go any direction with ease. There is also a good family restaurant only a block away.

There are really only two downsides to staying here. The big one is that a major freight railroad line runs only a block north, and the trains run through numerous times day and night with whistle blaring. That did not bother me but light sleepers take note. The other issue is the noisy and rather inefficient heating/air conditioning unit in the room. I could never get it set for a consistent comfortable temperature and it kept getting either too warm or too cold.

Overall, I was very pleased with my 4-day stay here and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind trains passing through from time to time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We had purchased an online deal 6 months in advance but had to pay in full at time of booking and was 100 non ref. When we checked in they said that they hadn't any record of payment which left us having to pay for the stay when we thought it was already paid for which left us a little short of cash since we hadn't budgeted for it thinking it was already paid. Before arrival my wifes grandmother passed away and we were not sure we could be able to make the trip. When we called they said that it was non ref and the "money on file" would be lost. In fact, since the money was never applied we could have cancelled. A lot of stess that could have been availded. It really was a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing. The manager at the hotel was nice and said they have been having a lot of problems with this so he comped our 1st night. On the bright side. The shuttle to the airport runs every 30 minutes and you can get the MAX to downtown which onbly takes 30 min. The "free" breakfast was alright if you were only staying a night or two because its' pretty much scrambled eggs, greasy sausage, toast and juice. This review may sound a little more negative than it needs to be but at the end of the day I'd say the value is good for what you get.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
oakland, oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed here as park and fly guests and we were very happy with the service of the staff and the hotel. We especially appreciated the monitors of the parking lot that they had. We felt like our car was secure while we were gone. Also, the shuttle person did not come to work on the morning we were leaving and the staff made sure there was no delay in our arriving at the airport with a different shuttle. They were very punctual in picking us up when we returned. The rooms were clean and quiet and a bargain!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Juneau, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We (family of three with young child) stayed here on an emergency visit to PDX. For the price range it was a great choice. The breakfast included was well stocked w many choices (incl boiled eggs) tho they should set up a second waffle station, one is not enough. The lobby and room was dated (stains on carpet, older decor) but it felt clean. We liked the little sitting area in our room and the pool. TV was old and I don't think it had any choices for movies - just 20 stations or so but that was ok for me.

It was quiet for us. Front desk staff were not especially welcoming or warm, the manager was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2011
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I booked this hotel as last minute decision when I realized my flight would arrive Portland so late (eventually arrived 2am or so). Actually I went to Hotwire and specified 2.5 star hotel near airport. After confirmation and payment, I was booked into Comfort Inn. It seems to be a very popular one, in the morning, the breakfast area was packed with people (lots of families and kids). The staff did a good job to keep food replenished in such hectic pace. Also very nice to have fruits and fruit cups in breakfast offering. It would be a good budget choice for family with free breakfast, internet access, pool, etc.. The bedding is a little old (and smells) which bothered me. However for the price I paid through Hotwire I shoudl not complain - I will request 3 star or higher hotels next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We arrived here on the second leg of trip from Arizona to Tacoma, so we stopped in Portland on our way home. This hotel was centrally located and there was easy access to the interstate, downtown and local parks. The room was clean and had plenty of room for our four family members. Kids went swimming in the pool it was also nice and clean indoor pool. The only thing that was not so good was that we booked through Priceline and then upon arrival they tried to up charge us for a double queen versus a king ( this has never happened to me before) and also the gentlemen who checked us out refused to provide me with account balance statement even though 1) they up charged us 2) they ran our CC ; so we are not sure what we will end up getting charged in addition to the prepayment to priceline...everything else was good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport? Share your experiences!