“Not impressed!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2323 NE 181st Avenue, Portland, OR 97230 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites Gresham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #126 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Portland, Oregon
“Not impressed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Wish we'd driven a little further to Troutdale and the motels there. We stayed in the suite with the hot tub and I was not impressed with having to clean it before using it. The decor was dated and dusty....the whole room needed a good cleaning!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Rodeway Inn for your past stay and the review.

We definitely appreciate every kind of criticism and suggestions about our hotel.

In fact, it’s one of the only ways we can improve.

We have addressed to your observation about the rooms décor and amenities for cleanliness.

Please check in one more time and find a better experience.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bend, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

This hotel was sooooo filthy. first of all we booked some conjoining rooms and when we went upstairs to let the kids wind down, one of the rooms was not even touched since the last person had been there. There were towels on the floor, t.v. on, pee in the toilet..etc. I told the owners in the lobby and they had us move into some rooms across the hall and had the nerve to ask my husband to "re-make" the room we were in for 5 minutes waiting for them to give us a new one....

The rooms they gave us were so dirty. There was old rotten chicken fries and a soda in the fridge, used filters still in the coffee pot, pubic hair plastered to the floor and tub in the bathroom and to top it all off we found a pair of dirty underwear behind the love seat...
The sheets and bedding were scary with stains and it really looked like they might not have changed all the blankets and the beds and pillows were really uncomfortable.

We went to use the pool and hot tub and the owner had all of his family in the pool as well so it was very un-relaxing to have so many people that weren't even guests running in and out of the pool....

I am sorry to say this was the worst hotel experience EVER and to NOT GO HERE EVER unless you want some sort of disease from all of the filth...

Room Tip: All other surrounding hotels looked cleaner :)
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Rodeway Inn for your stay during your last visit.

Your review is well appreciated as it would help us to improve ourselves.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you had howsoever and apologies for that.

We have attended to ensure that similar difficulty to our guest is totally avoided.

We have also taken steps to improve the overall cleanliness and checking of the amenities for proper functioning before checking in a new guest.

Please do choose us once again during your next visit to our area and we assure you a better stay and hospitality.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I had to save some money on this trip, so I stayed at the Rodeway because of the super low price. I was prepared to refuse the room if necessary. I was pleasantly surprised by this Budget Hotel.

The outside is nothing to write home to mother about.
The room was clean, and bed was clean and comfortable. The room had Coffee Maker, Fridge, Microwave, sink, and Dishwasher. Good water pressure and clean bathroom. Internet is fast & reliable. Lot's of places to eat nearby, but mostly fast food.

The entire package was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Even the AC / Heat was extremely quiet running.

Computer in lobby for printing out boarding passes, etc., but the printer was broken, as I've seen in many of the hotels. (Blame the kids, not the Hotel.)

Breakfast was a basic, no frills, but OK for the price.

Don't expect a 5 star resort. It's a bargain hotel that will get you through comfortably.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Rodeway Inn and for your recent stay and the review.

We are happy that you found our hotel nice overall and for the price.

In fact, it’s one of the only ways we can improve.

We are however continuously working to improve our service and amenities to the best level possible.

We shall offer a still wonderful experience with us during your next visit.

Nampa, ID
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

I booked 2 rooms, suposed to be 2 double beds in each room. We had 7 people in our party. (You do the math...2 in each bed and 1 in the 4th bed) When we get to the front desk the lady said we could have one room with a king and one room with 2 doubles. I told her that isn't what we made the reservations for but she said that is all we can have. So, 3 people had to sleep in 1 king. We have a few smokers with us so we get a smoking room, we get into the 2 doubles room, no ashtray. We call the desk to ask for one and she tells us to ask one of our neighbors. We told her that we aren't going to go knocking on doors in a hotel. Finally she brings one down. First thing after a long drive our kids need to use the restroom. We flush the toilet and it overflows. I call the front desk, she said, "Do you want a plunger?" I couldn't believe she was asking me to work on the plumming at her hotel. While she was trying to get me to come to the desk and get the plunger the water from the toilet had almost reached the carpet. Finally she got us another room. When we get to the other room all we can hear is the people in the room next to us fighting and cussing using the f-word and everything and there baby crying at the top of it's lungs. On top of all this the pool was cold and the hot tube was VERY dirty. The whole place just looked filthy. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn for your stay during your last visit.

Your review is well appreciated as it would help us to improve ourselves.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay for whatsoever reasons.

We have also taken steps to improve the overall cleanliness and checking of the amenities including the pool,for proper functioning before checking in a new guest.

Please do choose us once again during your next visit to our area and we assure you a nice stay and hospitality.

maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

I reserved a standard room for just my husband and me (no children and no pets) over the phone for the AAA price of $44.99, the standard rate was $49.99 less a 10% AAA discount. When we pulled up to the Quality Inn we saw a huge sign on the front lawn stating that the rooms were $49.99 a night. Next day, while my husband was loading the car I checked us out but did not study the bill as I ASSumed and trusted them to be honest and couldn't find my reading glasses. Once I got to the car, parked in front of the hotel, I was able to rummage through my purse to find my glasses and immediately saw that I was overcharged by more than $13 (20+%) before taxes. I went back to the hotel immediately and spoke to a very nice employee who agreed that I was overcharged and couldn't figure out why the person who checked us in had put the wrong price on our room. She apologized but said she couldn't correct it since I had charged it and that only the manager/owner could give a refund. She said she would have him take care of it when he returned. The employee noted the error and put it into the computer, then gave me a copy of the bill noting the error and told me that it would be corrected when the manager/owner came in.
THE OWNER NEVER CORRECTED IT AND NEVER GAVE ME A REFUND

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Rodeway Inn for your recent stay in our area.

We appreciate and thank you for your review, and apologize for the same.

We take our guest reviews seriously towards further improvement.

We are investigating the matter as you have mentioned and shall take proper actions

I am sure that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at our hotel and feel the difference.

oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

first need to say we traveled 5 hours through mountain snow , it was friday the 13th,,,i had reservations for a 2 person spa suite,,ok were tired stressed out and just ready to relax,,,the moment we get there i walk into the lobby , 3:00 pm maybe. and i hear the guy on the phone to a customer saying there were no rooms left,,,i looked behind me in the parking lot,,,hummm only 2 cars,,, i say " what your booked already" he says gettin there...ok ..whatever ! we get to our suite,,ok my husband first thing " wheres the remote?" ok no remote, i go to the desk , he hands me a universal remote,,ok with no code,,says to me " see if it works" ok whatever, i go to the room,,of course it doesnt work,,i have to go back down to the desk,,,here he says is another one,,,ok it doesn't work,,ok 1 more time, i go the desk, he now hands me a book of codes and another remote,,says " good luck thats all i can do for you" ok in the mean time while im down at the desk,, my husband discovers the spa jets dont work,,omg! we tried everything,,ok i go down again,,and he has to contact the manager,,doesnt offer to resolve anything,,we pretty much said were out of here,,,he didnt care, for nothing,,didnt say sorry for nothing, just checked us out,,I ,was so mad we traveled very far were so tired,,,the room would have been nice if things worked,,also looked like someone tried to break in the bathroom window,,i fixed the screen,,but i stay in alot of hotels never had this happen,,bad bad bad mangement,,,,,,,go next door to days inn,,it was like seeing dad when i walked into the lobby crying on this mans shoulder,,i was so stressed out!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Rodeway Inn for your recent stay in our area.

We are sorry that it wasn’t the pleasant experience as you expected.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.

Upon receipt of your review, we are investigating the entire incident.

Cleaning and maintenance staff has been instructed to check the amenities and hygiene level and to ensure that they are in the best condition.

We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

We hope to see you again.

walla walla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

I can't believe I found great pet-friendly lodging near Portland for under $50! Great value, breakfast, and my lab loved it! The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!