“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown

You added Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2333 NW Vaughn St, Portland, OR 97210 (Northwest District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #29 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Arvada, Colorado
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great location - easy access to downtown and Nob Hill area. Immediate surrounding area is a little noisy and rough around the edges, but the rooms are very quiet. Nothing exceptional about the desk staff, but the housekeeping and breakfast staff were great.

Room Tip: We had an upper floor room (4th floor) that provided a great view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Hi JHawn

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our housekeeping and breakfast staff. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The HIE was well near the airport, in a good and bad way my room i did not have any noise other than my sister next door. But the location was well worth the cost and the great room. Like i said HIE has not let me down in the last 3 years and is still at the top next to Days Inn for me.

Hi there CommandrJ

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Unfortunately though I think you may have written it for the wrong hotel as we are not near the airport, we are downtown. We do hope that the next time you are in Portland you visit us here downtown!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Holiday Inn Express is centrally located to the trendy little shopping area but just off the main artery so the price isn't boutique hotel price. It is a great value; clean, good staff, and most of the amenities you expected in a Holiday Inn Express. Great beds and pillows and quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Hello there BranchOffice

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we truly appreciate it. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our location. I do hope that you will choose us again during your next visit to Portland, OR!
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed here three nights while on business near downtown Portland. This is a good hotel choice if you want to be in NW Portland but it can be somewhat noisy since it's on NW Vaughn Street on the edge of the NW industrial area and it's close to the off ramp of the I-405 freeway. It's within walking distance of NW 23rd Street where there are a lot of shops and restaurants. The hotel has a large pool and jacuzzi on the lower level along with a small fitness center. There is a free continental breakfast with a decent selection of breakfast items. There is only one elevator in the lobby that is really slow. The stairwells at the end of each floor are narrow. Parking is free. Ask for a room on the side of the hotel that doesn't face the freeway.

Hi T J

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we do hope to see you again soon!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Great location, amazing staff, clean and comfortable rooms and welcoming breakfast.

Hats off to the person who does the hiring at your hotel, you have some of the nicest staff I have ever experienced especially the staff on duty late afternoon/evening on the 21st June.

Love your recycling program especially in the restaurant however I would suggest that your sign at the top matches the signs at the bottom in the restaurant,. There was lots of confusion as to where some things went and many things made it to the garbage that should have been recycled.

Will be back to stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Hi Carrie A

Thank you so much for your review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, including our staff and recycling program! We do hope that you will choose our hotel during your next visit to Portland, OR!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I respect the Holiday Inn Express brand, and this hotel exceeded my expectations. I arrived much earlier then the normal check-in time, but the front desk was very helpful to get me in my room without any issues.
My room review is just as good as the friendliness of the staff.
The room was spotless, bathroom is larger then most hotel rooms, bed felt brand new, and a good selection of pillows. The bathroom was a huge plus. I would normally have trouble with having hot water in other hotels, but here it was not an issue.
The TV was in HI-Def. with a full selection of channels provided by Directv, which included a few choices of movie networks,
My only issue was the same with most hotels. The sink was slow to drain.
Overall, I am very pleased with this hotel and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Hi MikeR

Thanks so much for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you had such a great stay here at the Holiday Inn Express. We do hope that you will choose us during your next visit in Portland, Or!
Little Rock, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My stay here was a very pleasant one. The desk clerks ask me about setting up wake up calls before I had a chance to mention it. I was able to have a nice breakfast before I walked to work up the street. Also, it's close to 23rd where you can safely walk to eat, shop or just have a relaxing stroll. My room was very clean, up to date and the WI FI was faster than most I've stayed in. The view from the upstairs room that I had was nice to see the surroundings. My taxi for Friday morning was scheduled several days in advance and it was there as I asked. The employees there at the desk and the breakfast area always greeted you with a smile. I had a problem and the desk clerks went out of their way to help me and it wasn't hotel related issue. I will continue to stay here each time I travel to this area for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the streets could be noisy from street traffic if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Hi there Karen H

Thanks so much for your review, we truly appreciate your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Portland, OR!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown? Share your experiences!