“Great Folks!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 190 Activities in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea to Summit Tours & Adventures is based out of Portland, Oregon. Sea to Summit is a specialized company that provides informative, fun and exciting experiences throughout Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. We offer many activities including white water rafting trips, Oregon wine tours, Portland brewery tours, Oregon sightseeing tours, surfing lessons, ski shuttles and more!
Cary, North Carolina
“Great Folks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My daughter and I booked a daytrip skiing at Timberline. Joshua was organized, friendly, prompt, and a great driver in what turned out to be a blizzard! What really made the trip though was the friendliness of all the other passengers--it turns out that most of them make this trip every Monday. Annie, Merle, Carl, Mike, Dorothy, and all the others shared food, drink, and the warmth of their hearts with us and made us feel like we were one of "The Gang". The trip up to Timberline and back to Portland flew by. This is a great service, and if you're lucky enough to be on the Monday bus, tell "Annie's Army" that Mark and Sam said "Hey!"

Visited February 2014

Duncan, South Carolina
23 attraction reviews
“Ski Shuttle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My group decided to use a ski shuttle instead of renting a car when we were in Portland because we didn't know what the road conditions would be like when we booked in advance. We were picked up right on time and driven to Mt. Hood Meadows. Josh kept us entertained on the ride and was very accommodating. He walked us in and made sure we got our equipment so we could get out on the slopes. I would recommend Sea to Summit to anyone staying in Portland for the ski shuttle, or for any of the other tours. It's really nice to not worry about driving home after a day on the slopes!

Visited December 2013
Long Island, New York
“Columbia River Gorge and Mt. Hood Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Josh was very accommodating when we were not able to make the Friday trip. There were 4 adults in our group and it was a packed day with lots of driving. We knew that ahead though, but wanted to see as much as we could in one day. Josh was full of information on the area and gave us plenty of time to explore each area. He even took photos for us. Wonderful scenery and waterfalls. Definitely would recommend.

Visited July 2013
Abilene, Texas
21 attraction reviews
“Columbia Gorge and Mt Hood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I read about this tour online and called Sea to Summit to book it. (I couldn't find a way to sign up online, which is too bad--perhaps I overlooked something?) Josh was very helpful in working with me even when my departure point changed the morning of the trip. I was impressed with his helpfulness. He picked me up in a 24 passenger bus right when he said he would. There were 8 other people on the tour. It was impressive that he picked up and dropped everyone off from their hotels.

In the course of the day, we saw and learned about some incredible places that I could not have seen since I did not have a car. We visited at least two waterfalls, saw salmon swimming upstream, stopped off at an orchard, and spent time at Mt Hood.

Josh was good about giving our group options for what we wanted to do when possible (although it seemed like the people in the front seemed to determine the option for everyone). I felt like we had an adequate amount of time at each stop (although you could of course stay longer on your own). We did spend a good bit of the afternoon driving--the actual tour activities ended around 3:30.

At Timberline Lodge at Mt Hood, Josh recommended the ski lift, which looked fun but cost $15. I did a bit more exploring and discovered some great trails behind the lodge that also had incredible views. I recommend hiking on these trails and saving yourself $15. I was even able to walk up to a patch of ice on one of the trails--in July.

Bring money for extras like the ski lift, lunch (expensive if your group decides to eat at Timberline), and a tip. And definitely bring a camera to capture so many amazing and diverse places!

With a car and a bit more time to plan, I could probably have done most of the activities on the tour by myself. Some people will undoubtedly choose to do that. But for me, the convenience and quality of this tour won out. I feel satisfied that I saw a lot of the beauty of Oregon in the day I had available for sightseeing. I would not hesitate to recommend this tour to others.

Visited July 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Excellent wine and waterfalls tours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Overall, Sea to Summit was very accommodating, knowledgeable of the area, and friendly! Josh of Sea to Summit put together a great wine tour for me and my friends even though I called pretty last minute. He picked us up where we were staying and took care of everything at every winery. He also helped us take great group pictures and recommended a great restaurant for dinner... and even helped us make reservations! The waterfalls tour was also a lot of fun. Josh knows a lot about the area and I think that really added to the experience. We probably wouldn't have gone to those nice areas if we weren't on the tour. Sea to Summit played a big part in making our trip a success, thanks!

Visited April 2013