“Nice hotel and good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Limited time - 15% off!
Ranked #12 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Kirkland, Washington
“Nice hotel and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend and it was really nice. Everyone I came into contact with was very friendly. I had a room with 2 queens so it was plenty big. The toiletries seemed nice and I appreciate a liquid body wash as opposed to the bars some hotels still give out. Great, cushy pillows! The bed must have been comfortable because I slept in until about 10:30am.

We had drinks and snack at Swine right off the lobby. Very nice, decently cozy decor. When i peeked in the door I thought I might need to change into nicer clothes...not really. Lodge-like with 90s pop music playing overhead. My margarita was way too strong for me so I gave it to my husband. I had the "tator skins" [yes, they were in quotes on the menu]; they were really tasty. But just call them something else, maybe, if you need to put them in quotes because it left me thinking...what are they then?!

Green Features: Does not give out individual toiletries. They're a pump-style in the shower.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I was very happy with my stay at the Paramount. The staff was very friendly with warm welcomes and farewells. I called ahead of time to confirm my booking, and also asked about coupons for the Big Pink Trolley. The receptionist reserved two coupons for me, and they were indeed presented to me upon my arrival. The lobby was very nice, with a restaurant on one side and a bar/lounge on the other. The Swine bar/lounge offered nice snacks and drinks late into the night. Our room was very clean and up to date.

The hotel was within walking distance of the Portland Art Museum, Public Library, shopping Mall, many restaurants, and nearly all types of public transit. A slightly longer (~10-15 minute) walk could take you to the Pearl District, Chinatown, or the waterfront for the Saturday Market.

I would definitely consider staying here again on my next trip back, and would highly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Room 904 (Executive Room) had both West and South facing windows, which gave nice views of the city...
Green Features: In-room signage mentioned keeping bedsheets or bathtowels to be eco-friendly. We wanted to do this, but I couldn't be sure if we actually kept the same bathtowels or not. Perhaps a small note from housekeeping could clear that up.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thanks you for the great review and recommendation HimeNoHogosha!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

we were in town for a portland timbers game and couldn't be happier with our stay here. it was a short walk to the stadium and only slightly farther to many of the other neighborhoods and attractions. our room was spacious, comfortable, and clean. the staff was helpful, but none more than Ed the concierge.

Ed was an absolute pleasure. he worked his magic to get us a reservation at a very popular restaurant that was already fully booked on a saturday night -- his dish recommendations were spot on as well. when we had to make a quick exit to the airport after the game, he had a taxi for us in a matter of minutes.

we would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks charles c! I will be sure to share your review with Ed too.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

The Paramount is a lovely hotel in a superb location in the heart of downtown Portland. My room was tastefully appointed and extremely clean. More than enough space for someone traveling alone. I appreciated the in-room coffee maker and simple directions on how to use it. Since I was alone, I had more then enough towels for my 4-night stay so I put the "do not disturb" sign on the door the first day I arrived and left it there. There are no safes in the rooms, so I really did not want anyone coming in and out in my absence. The housekeeping staff honored my request and no one entered my room. If you are lucky enough, one of their concierge staff, James, will be working and gives excellent restaurant recommendations as well as helpful walking directions if you do not have a car and prefer to walk places. The young women at the front desk, while polite and courteous, could be a little warmer and engaging with guests. My only complaint is that their check-in time is 4:00pm....much too late in the day for travelers who arrive late morning/early afternoon. While the desk did put in a request for a rush on my room (I arrived at noon), it was still a good 2 hours later that my room was ready. Other than that and no safes in the hotel room, the Paramount is really a beautiful and comfortable hotel and one that I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Right now there is a huge construction project going on across the street from the front of the hote...
Green Features: Great that there was a separate bin for recyclables in the room. Also, I liked that the body wash and shampoo are in plastic dispensers in the tub/shower, so you don't need to fiddle with those goofy little plastic bottles that slip out of your hands.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Thank you vjeash!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Would definitely look for a different hotel if I'm ever in Portland again. We stayed for 3 nights. The room was small, but very clean and well-appointed. For two showers, I had only tepid water. Definitely unacceptable. We had just stayed 5 nights at the Sheraton in Seattle which is a million times nicer than the Paramount. The Paramount actually cost more and offered way less in terms of comfort and amenities. The fitness center has only 4 cardio machines and it freezing cold. Staff were fine/nice. It's in a great location. Construction work on building going up on other side of Director's Park starts at 7am. I was up before then so the noise didn't bother me, but my spouse slept later, and he was not happy. (August 2014).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the front (Taylor St) side of hotel while construction of building across the plaza i...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stayed here just this past may, and boy are we sure happy we did! It was quiet, clean, and very nice. The staff were all smiles and very professional. It is just a couple blocks away from the Alder St Foodcarts (which are all amazing!) We weren't able to try the restaurant (it was still under construction), but we had plenty of choices down the block! We loved Portland (go to the saturday market if you get a chance) and cannot wait to come back, and we will surely stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room faced the streets but had no issues at all with noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks stefunny415, see you next time!
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This is a nice older hotel in a perfect SW downtown location. It is within walking distance of Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall and Pioneer Place Mall. The rooms are small, but clean and well appointed. Although breakfast is not complimentary, there is a restaurant in the lobby of the hotel which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is also a Starbucks next door. The King sized bed was comfortable and we had no issues with noise, however we stayed on a weeknight and the patrons were mostly business travelers. Check in and check out was a breeze. There are 2 parking garages nearby, which charge $15 per night, or you can use the valet service which was $31 per night. We will most likely stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Paramount Hotel? Share your experiences!