“Perfect "hypoallergenic" location in downtown Portland” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Limited time - 15% off!
Ranked #12 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Kirkland
“Perfect "hypoallergenic" location in downtown Portland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here on an overnight weekend getaway, having taken the train to Portland from Seattle. We selected this hotel because it is NOT pet friendly, and I have allergies. I only found it after calling about ten other downtown hotels, which all allow pets. This one is about a mile from the train station, so we walked. The staff was very friendly, the lobby lovely, and our room comfortable and quiet. Both my husband and I slept like logs. We were delighted when we discovered how close this hotel is to theater, concert hall, art museum, etc., in downtown Portland and will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland_Paramount, General Manager at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hello MeganKirkland – Thank you for your nice review and kind words about your visit. Along with our no-pet policy, our pillows, blankets & mattress toppers are also hypoallergenic.

Hope to see you again soon -

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Loved this hotel's location & staff. Gave us a free room upgrade. Bathroom & room overall were super clean. Top floor was quiet. I'd be concerned about street noise on lower floors. Only complaint was water was never hot enough, no matter what time of day I took a shower.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor for quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I agree with the other reviewers: clean, convenient/great location if you're sticking around downtown, friendly staff. I think it's a great value for the price.
Also, I want to point out that I ran into a celebrity staying on the same floor, so I figured this place must be nice if they've got celebrities staying there!

I came very close to giving it 5 stars, but didn't for only 2 reasons.
1) I unexpectedly had to do some work while I was there and ended up having to use their business center. It was a tiny room with 2 computers and a printer. That's fine, but the internet on the computer I was on was painfully slow.
2) We had a fun whirlpool tub in our bathroom, but the bath crystals/salts they give you just aren't enough for the size of those bad boys. I noticed they were conscious of their bathroom amenities/toiletries (there's a note about it), but their vendor really should step it up.

Maybe I'm just being picky... But other than that, the Paramount is a great choice and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I arrived at 11AM expecting just to drop off my luggage for a Sunday stay. They found me a pleasant room on the 15th floor looking east, which was nice as I felt comfortable dropping my laptop off in the room instead of lugging it around town. The bed was comfortable and the room clean, but no safe. The staff turned me on to the best breakfast place I have ever experienced in Portland. You will have to ask them about it as I'm not telling.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the 15th floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
eugene, or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were very impressed with the overall dedication to service from the entire staff. From first walking in to saying our last goodbye, everyone was warm and inviting. Our room was more than comfortable - the bed was hard to leave, it was so comfortable. Overall, a wonderful, memorable experience for our 20th Wedding Anniversary. I would love to go back!

Room Tip: We loved the corner room for its views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Shanniemac, Happy Anniversary and thank you for the review! Wishing you many more wonderful years together.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here on our last trip to Portland. It was an amazing experience. The rooms were very clean and there was a jet tub in our bathroom! The location was awesome, we were within walking distance from everything. The rooms were very affordable, parking was a little steep but you get in and out privileges with valet service so that was nice. Service was very friendly, this will be our go to hotel whenever we are in Portland.

• Stayed September 2012
Thanks so much for the review Cassie N!
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Paramount. The hotel is in the perfect location right near the downtown shopping areas (Nordstrom, Nike Town, Macy's, etc.) and is within walking distance of several great restaurants and coffee shops.

We stayed in a corner Executive Guest Room which was spacious and perhaps a bit quieter than some other rooms since the "bedroom" was tucked away in the corner. We loved the spacious bathroom with the glass shower and jetted tub. The bed was seriously one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. We had a view of Director Park. The walls did seem a bit thin and we could hear people coming and going late at night, but it wasn't so bad that our sleep was disturbed. We were on the 8th floor and there was some street noise, but again, nothing out of the ordinary for a hotel located in a downtown area.

The room was also equipped with a mini fridge and we stocked it with snacks and water purchased from the Flying Elephant which is just across the street in the Fox Tower. Highly recommend stopping there for a quick, healthy bite to eat.

There were several delicious options for coffee nearby, including Starbucks, but local options like Stumptown and The Fresh Pot were also just a few blocks away. We walked to Powell's a couple of times and also took advantage of the Max since we were attending a conference at the Portland Convention Center. The nearest Max stop was just a block or so away. Though they have valet with in and out privileges, we never needed our car.

We were very pleased with the price as it seemed to be a bit less than comparable nearby hotels (especially considering that we were checking in on a long, holiday weekend).

Highly recommend checking out this small (ish) downtown Portland hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor if possible. The Executive Corner rooms are spacious and full of na...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Paramount Hotel? Share your experiences!