“Good for a quick stay; full-service and shuttle” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #39 of 133 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, GA
“Good for a quick stay; full-service and shuttle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed here for only one night. The shuttle from the airport is a great asset; it was after 9PM when I flew in but they still picked me up.

There isn't much obvious to walk to nearby at night, but they have a restaurant/bar that is open till 11.

I was upgraded to a suite, which was beautiful, but all of the TV had fuzzy reception. In the age of digital TV, I am not sure how that is possible. The room otherwise was very nice and clean. I just really missed being able to watch TV!

There is a Starbucks you can easily walk to for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for great review. I am so glad that you were able to utilize the free shuttle from the airport which can save you lots of money in cabs, rental car fees and parking. I am pleased you enjoyed your upgrade but I do want to apologize for the television reception my maintenance team will look into it. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This Crowne Plaza it outside the downtown area of Portland. The area around the hotel does not look that inviting and frankly speaking there is in the middle of nowhere. The hotel itself has been renovated. The building design looks old. The staff at the hotel are friendly. The room was new and comfortable. We requested a 'top floor' but ended up with a room on first floor. So not sure if they care to read the requests part on the reservation website. The room included a full breakfast which was decent as well.

My only point about this hotel is its self parking. The only way to park your car is to drive it through the main entrance and valet. This, I found,was a hassle as often I had to wait for people to off load their luggage just to park my care. Management need to seriously look at this parking issue.

You pay $20 a night for parking at this place.

Personally I liked the Crowne Plaza Lake Oswego much more.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall but I am sorry that our location was not ideal for your circumstances. Please let me know if I can be of help in the future.
bc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was a nice hotel with a lovely pool, well decorated rooms with a mini fridge and free video rental (which is always a bonus with kids). However, it is not downtown Portland and I did not like the shady neighbourhood. We had a hard time finding decent restaurants within walking distance as the hotel is not in an ideal location. The max was a 10 -15 min walk away to get to downtown area. Parking was very expensive and you have to pay extra for internet access. Our friends stayed in the downtown area which included a bigger room and less for parking. Others mention breakfast being included but it was not for us.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying and taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you pointed out the many amenities that make us unique. I also wanted to clarify for future travelers that we do provide free basic internet with an option to upgrade. I am unsure what this guest is referencing, generally most people choose and are completely satisfied with the free service. I would also like to inform future guests that our parking fees are lower than other area full service hotels and half the price of the hotels across the river, we also offer alternate transportation for free such as our airport shuttle and loaner bicycles that are always fun. Thanks for staying and I hope you will consider us again.
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights to celebrate our anniversary. Overall we had a good time. The room was small with little room to sit other than the bed. Parking is not free, and is a whopping $19 a night. But the bed was super duper comfortable and the shower was delightful. If you plan on spending either a lot of time in bed (as we parents of a toddler did) or out and about, this is a nice place to splurge. The location is a mix. It is convenient to light rail and the convention center (and a Burgerville), but it is up against enough of the rough edges of the Rose Garden/Lloyd District that you see some interesting characters on the street.

A hint: There is a Hertz right at the hotel, and light rail/street car will get you practically to the doorstep. So if you just take public transit here from the airport and then rent your car just for the time you need it, you can skip the parking fees and have a shorter rental period.

Room Tip: Windows are not particularly thick. We were on the 2nd floor above the entryway and could hear peopl...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review; we value all feedback received. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and I have taken your comments about parking under advisement. We constantly monitor full service hotels parking prices and services to insure that we are an excellent value when considering all the amenities offered. Currently our parking prices are comparable to full service hotels in our immediate area and half the price of the west side properties. We are also the only hotel that has a free airport shuttle so if one is able to not rent a car our shuttle is can save you hundreds of dollars. Portland has a fantastic transit system and it even free in our area. We also have free bikes which are a fun alternative when visiting Portland; by the way we are the number one biking city in the USA. Hope you will consider us in the future please feel free to call on me if I can be of assistance
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The staff was great . They truly value there customers and care about all their needs no matter how big or small. Thank you for a Great stay . The beds where comfortable and the pillows where great the . Great location!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We think our location is ideal for anyone who wants to have easy access to anything Portland has to offer. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel and look forward to your return. Thanks for staying with us.
Leyland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed at the CP for 2 nights. I am an IHG Platinum member and received all the benefits associated with that i.e. room upgrade etc. From arrival until departure the staff at the hotel were superb. John the barman (tall chap) was really good and provided us with a lot of local information and tips! The location isn't in the town centre but that's a benefit in regards to how peaceful it is. It is only a 5 minute walk to the tram which takes you into the town centre and cheap to boot! So no complaints on that front. The hotel is extremely well appointed which you would expect from a CP so you will not be disappointed on that front. Thanks for the great stay.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel and friendly staff. I sincerely appreciate your comments and will enjoy sharing them with my team.
Please let me know if I can be of service in the future.
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were here to visit a college for the weekend with our friends and both our high school kids and had a comfortable stay. I did not book the room so I did not have any expectations. The hotel has many amenities. We used all of them from the basketball court to the hotel breakfast to the happy hour to the in room keurig coffee machine to the Starbucks coffee to the pineapple water to the fitness center to the pool area but we missed trying the shuttle. We were all very happy with the hotel. You need a car to get around unless you know the shuttle schedule.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for your informative review. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel amenities and friendly staff