“Most Comfortable Beds at Crowne Plaza in Portland, OR” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #37 of 133 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Most Comfortable Beds at Crowne Plaza in Portland, OR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was traveling on a 15 day bus tour that started in San Diego and ended in Seattle, so this was nearing the end of our trip.

The hotel was one of the best I stayed at during the trip (sorry but top honors have to go to the Marriott Marquis in SF). It looks like the hotel was recently renovated, the rooms and decor were spotless. I was on the 6th floor, view wasn't that great but didn't matter to me. The beds were a little higher than normal but so comfortable (I wish we could have stayed here more than one night). The room also had fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee station. The bathroom was immaculate as well, wish I had this bathroom in my townhouse.

We received a coupon for a free breakfast and it was well worth it. This was probably the best breakfast buffet experience for me during the trip. They had an array of breakfast foods to choose from and everything tasted great. I just wish we had more time to stay in Portland, only got to visit the "Rose Gardens" and drive thru the city and sightsee from the bus.

I found a Denny's to eat that was within walking distance from the hotel (also saw a "Red Robin" but decided to stick with Denny's $6-$8 value meals). I went with a couple people from our tour and afterwards we walked over to Lloyd's Mall and killed some time before we returned back to the hotel to turn in for the night.

I would like to come back to Portland in the future and I would stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Best breakfast buffet I ever had at a hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the in room amenities and the Crowne Plaza bedding package, it is a hallmark of our brand. I was also pleased that you recognized the exceptional food that our chef and the entire food team enjoy presenting. I look forward to sharing your review with the team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

stayed at this hotel for three nights. it was 100% occupancy, yet was quiet and ran efficiently.

pros: quiet, keurig coffee maker in room, DVD's available for free, nice shampoo, lotion, comfortable bed, self parking spot was available every day. easy to drive to town, north end of portland & easy on/off freeway access.
cons: just a few minor details: coffee maker did not work the first AM & safe did not operate, call to front desk had maintenance up quickly. 1" tear in sofa cushion & piece on bathroom faucet was missing(? attention to detail)

I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: room on upper floor, we were facing east on the 10th floor and the room was very quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you had a quiet and relaxing stay however I do want to apologize that you found some items in the room that needed attention. I am pleased that we were able to take care of them quickly and I will be sharing the review with my maintenance team so we can do better in the future. Thanks for staying I hope to see you again soon.
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Comfortable, and clean, clean, clean. This facility lives up to the highest standard you expect from a Crowne Plaza. Large and updated rooms with excellent linens. The staff is efficient and friendly including the breakfast room staff. The breakfast food was great. The hotel staff recommended a seafood restaurant for dinner and had their free shuttle take us and bring us back. I do agree that there aren't many places to walk to. The location is on the east side of the river with most of the action on the west side of the river.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. We are very happy that you had a great stay overall and that you enjoyed the comfortable bed package and sleep amenities. I also wanted to thank you for noticing how clean and well maintained the hotel is as my staff and I are very proud of our reputation of superior cleanliness. I will sincerely enjoy sharing this review.
Thanks for staying and please let me know if I can be of service in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

A clean, beautiful hotel. Good restaurant, with breakfast buffet on the weekends with homemade raspberry jam that was exceptional! Walking distance to a mall, and public transportation. The room was quiet with a great view. I think it was the cleanest hotel I have ever seen, with very freindly and helpful staff. Free WIFI, free movies, and a Keurig in the room. We will definitely come back!

Room Tip: the king room had a couch
Green Features: This hotel is doing their part to reduce waste, recycle and reuse. It is part of being in Portland!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. Being recognized for exceptional detail in regard to cleanliness makes my team and I very proud. Please let me know if I can be of service when you make your future plans.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had a great experience at this hotel. However, the restaurant in the hotel misled some people about their buffet breakfast & menu, but in the end everything was handled.
Other than that, the hotel itself was a great choice.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We appreciate you mentioning that the staff was friendly and helpful; I will let them know they were recognized.
Please let me know if I can be of service while you make your future plans.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was exactly as we hoped - we knew where it was and wanted a hotel in that area as we were visiting family nearby. Our rooms were quiet (we were on the 10th floor) and clean, with nice amenities (Keurig coffee pot, good quality soaps and shampoo, shower cap, in-room safe, and more) and comfortable beds (I am really picky about this). The hotel had been somewhat recently remodeled and everything has an updated or new appearance. The staff was courteous and helpful. We had a slight problem at check-in - our reservation was for a lower price that what came up in their system. But the clerk apologized and corrected it when I showed him my confirmation. Every system can have a problem, but if staff fixes the problem with a good attitude, I do not mind at all. (Just have your confirmation either printed out or on your smart phone...but this is a good idea anywhere.)

The location is great if you are going to the convention center or have need to be in the NE area. The streetcar is also just a block away and can get you quickly to the Pearl or SW. (I love the Portland public transportation!) Note on the streetcar that it doesn't run all night - so if you are planning to be out in the Pearl until midnight, you will be taking a cab back. Check the schedule. The hotel is also a short walk from the Max Redline stop ("Convention Center" stop) coming from the airport. (The hotel offers a free shuttle to/from airport, but I like the train.) The negative on location of this hotel is that there is little to see within walking distance. The hotel has a coffee shop off of the lobby and there is a Starbucks a block or two away, but there is little else for an eatery without taking a cab or the streetcar.

The hotel does offer loaner bikes. So you could take a bike up to Mississippi Street - there are lots of restaurants and shops there. Someone at the hotel recommended that we walk up Broadway (away from the river) to find a restaurant, but it really wasn't a great area. We would rather have taken the streetcar again across the river, or a cab up to Mississippi.

This hotel tends to run lower in rates than the downtown locations. If I could get a good rate at a hotel that was near the Max Redline and streetcar and near shops and restaurants, I would probably opt for that next time. But chances are this hotel will be cheaper, and that has to be considered, especially when you can get to the shops and restaurants so quickly by streetcar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your informative review. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel amenities and friendly staff.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We came in for a soccer tournament and the service & staff were great. The shuttle was an added bonus with great drivers. Would definitely stay here again.
The pool hot tub area was very well maintained and also had the wheel chair assists for the pool & hot tub. Great location if you are going to the rose bowl for a concert.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown and we look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of service in the future.

Take care.

Been to Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center? Share your experiences!