Okay, so I'm spoiled. I like to stay in a hotel that is in the middle of everything. The Crowne Plaza is close to public transportation, but it's not like staying downtown. The neighborhood seems somewhat deserted; we had to drive to the sushi restaurant the concierge recommended. However, if you have business at the Convention Center, this hotel may be right for you.
The concierge was nice, if not warm. She was knowledgeable and was able to give us directions to OMSI and the Japanese Gardens. The restaurant was good and offered a buffet (not free) for breakfast. We had some great selections at dinner. Room service was pleasant and prompt.
The pool was great for the kids. The pool area opens to the outside on one side (if you can picture that), but is completely covered. There is a sauna. Everything seems clean and many kids were taking advantage of an evening swim.
And the beds. It wasn't a bad thing, but it's worth noting that they are unnaturally high. Otherwise, the room was extremely comfortable (we had a double queen) and big, clean, up to date.
I'd stay here again if I didn't care about being close to Downtown.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Hotel Portland
- Crowne Plaza Portland
- Holiday Inn Portland
- Portland Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portland hotel is close to Oregon Convention Center Located just off I-5, in the heart of downtown Portland, the recently renovated Crowne Plaza Portland - Downtown - Convention Center is a great place to base your next trip to Portland. With a convenient location near Portland International Airport (PDX) and Fareless Square, you will find that getting around the city is a breeze. Within walking distance of our hotel in Portland are major venues like the Oregon Convention Center, Rose Garden Arena and Memorial Coliseum, and our hotel shuttle service is available to take you to these facilities. Also, our hotel is near Fareless Square, where Portland's MAX light rail system will take you downtown, free of charge. Some of the city's best dining, shopping and tourist attractions are within in walking distance of our hotel. Portland's Lloyd Center Mall, just over a mile away, offers great shopping opportunities, or if you'd rather, you can find a quiet haven within the city at the Portland Classical Chinese Gardens, located just over a mile from our downtown Portland hotel. Additionally, we're not far from Portland's Pearl District, the city's most colorful and creative district. Our hotel near Portland International has 11 meeting rooms that can be tailored to fit the needs of your event. With new audio/visual options and free high-speed Internet access, come see why the Crowne Plaza Portland is the Place to Meet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.