“Nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle
“Nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Really nice stay in this attractive hotel. King size bed was super comfortable; room was clean. The staff were exceptionally pleasant and accommodating. Perfect location (chose this hotel due to its proximity to the Oregon Convention Center, but other popular venues are nearby including the Lloyd Center mall...handy in case you forgot to pack something). The MAX light rail station is also close, making it easy to get around Portland sans a car. Just 2 small negatives: the handle rails for the indoor pool/spa were wobbly and needed a safety fix. Parking was mistakenly charged twice but was reversed without a problem. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Portland downtown and we look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of service in the future.
Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

What a fantastic surprise!!! Didn't expect much driving up to the hotel. Met with absolutely outstanding service, bright, clean, expensive looking lobby area. Room was big, modern, comfortable and clean. Great tall shower, lots of hot water, and lots of water pressure! Big, flat screen TV with plenty of channels. Definitely will stay here again!

Room Tip: We were upgraded for being a Priority Club member. I'm sure all the other rooms are good too, b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I booked this on spec largely due to its location but I have to say I was pleasantly suprised by how good value the hotel was. Room was large, well. maintained and equiped and the staff were exceptionally helpful.

Not at all expensive consider the quality of the place and I'd abaolutely recommend it to anyone staying in Portland.

The only minor quibble is that the pool was absolutely freezing!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and found our hotel a great value. We think our location is ideal for anyone who wants to have easy access to anything Portland has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Portland.
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for the basketball game when Miami was in town. Hotel was busy but we were still able to get 5 star service. Super close to the Rose Garden about a 4-5 minute walk. Seems like the staff try to go out of their way to be helpful. After the first night, we decided to do something a little low key. We asked the front desk if they could call us a cab and give us any suggestions on any local bars to watch another game. Calin was gracious enough not only giving us a great local bar to go to, but he then drove us there with the hotel shuttle. I have never recieved service like that, he then wanted to give us our tip back because he thought it was too large. Stand up guy eh? He offered to pick us up, but we decided to walk back instead. We caught another staff member as he was dropping off other people at the hotel, and asked if he could give us a ride to grab some food. Kerri I believe his name is was also more than happy to do so. We will be back because of their superior service. I also wanted to add that we got a free upgrade upon arrival. Our trip was absolutey problem free and we can thank the staff of the Crowne Plaza for that. I hope Calin and Kerri (hope I got your names right) receive some sort of credit for doing what they did. My parents will be going to the Crowne in March from my reccomendation. I will be sending everyone I know there if they are planning a trip to Portland

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We appreciate you pointing out the names of our staff members who did a great job. We will ensure they get recognized for this as it is our service staff that makes us stand apart.
Thanks for noticing.
Waldport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here for the Bruce Springsteen concert. Even though it was busy, the Hotel was very well suited for our experience. There are restaurants within walking distance, and the Rose Quarter within walking distance too. The room was wonderfully appointed (best bed ever!) There was a complimentary "spa kit" in the room that I used and it was fabulous. I liked the products so well that I went online and purchased some on my own. We had breakfast in the Hotel in the morning and it was yummy. Staff is helpful. Rooms are so cozy and clean, I felt like a Princess. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown and the cleanliness standards we maintain. Please let me know if I can be of service in the future.

Take care.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am in the service industry & our hotel driver was crass, RUDE & downright MEAN!!! Our flight arrived early, unfortunatly our hotel van driver informed us that because our flight is "usually" late, we were forced to wait an additional :40mins for pickup. The drive from PDX to the hotel was downright Frightening...The roads at 1am were dark and wet & icey. Yet, the hotel driver, Dan, continued to drive at excessive speeds (70mph in a 50mph zone). We were hydroplaning & it was like a NASCAR race. We were Terrified!!! He continued to drive in a recklass manner & should be fired IMMEDIATLY!! The front desk mgr was kind enough to offer us a FREE B'Fast, but it cannot compensate the irresponsible conduct & complete disregard for the safety of the hotel guest that this driver showed. I have contacted their corporate offices in Atlanta as well as our hotel dept. My co-workers and I have *NO* desire to stay at this hotel property in the future. If I were traveling with family members, I would definatly take a cab!!! No complaints regarding hotel, but this driver needs to be Terminated Immediatly!!! There are no excuses for his careless actions!!!

• Stayed January 2013
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
My staff and I care very deeply about the safety and service we provide our guests so I personally took the time to review the facts in fairness to the associate and most importantly the safety of our guests. I did find that our driver exceeded the speed limit on the freeway by 15 mph however the road conditions were not icy. In accordance with our driving policy the driver was reprimanded accordingly and I highly encourage anyone who has any concerns about service to contact me directly. In this case I hope the person who wrote the review responds to my personal message so I can be of additional service.
La Pine, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My fiancee and I decided not to get each other xmas gifts, so instead we pooled our money to go on a mini vacation up to Portland. Since staying downtown is way above our price range, we searched the area on the east side of the city across the bridge. We found the Crown Plaza hotel. It was only a 7 min or so walk to the nearest Max station and only a 2 minute walk to the streetcar which we took to go to the OMSI.

When we checked in, Justin was very friendly and helpful. When we deicded to borrow a DVD for the night, Nicole was very nice as we chose our selection. Overall, the front desk staff was always smiling and it seemed very welcoming.

We ordered breakfast from room service and got the fruit and yogurt as well as the parfait. Both were very good! It was a little pricey, but everywhere has pricey room service, but it was definitely worth the money. The fruit was hand selected and very fresh and the yogurt was so good!

The only downside to the stay was the housekeeping. While they were amazing at servicing the room, they were almost a little too eager to service it as they were knocking on the door around 8:30-9am each morning. We could have easily called down to the front desk to schedule a service at a particular time, but it wasn't a big deal. The housekeepers were also friendly and smiling all the time, as was any other staff that we stumbled into during our stay.

I'm glad that we were asked about getting a free membership so we can get points for each stay at that hotel, because we will definitely be back on our next trip! We booked our stay and then 2 weeks later a Groupon deal went up, so we will be keeping an eye open for the next Groupon for this hotel! Hope this review helps!

Room Tip: Ask to get a room on the east side and as high up as you can go. It has a great view of Mt. Hood!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your informative review. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel amenities and friendly staff. I appreciate you mentioning Justin, I will be sure to thank him for his great service.
Please let me know if I can be of service to you when you are planning your next visit.

Been to Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center? Share your experiences!