“Great service!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Barcelona
“Great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Our original plan to stay with friends, had to change last minute, so we started looking for a place to stay the morning itself. It might be a strange thing, but this place turned out as one of the cheapest options in Portland, don't know, maybe Portland is very expensive, or we had a good deal. We arrived at 1pm, and could check-in early without any issue, we were very grateful for that, we were exhausted and were craving for a bed!
The rooms were as to be expected in a Crowne Plaza, clean and comfy.
The staff at the reception desk was friendly and helpful, they even helped me to sort out the cheapest way to park the car!
One thing, is you aren't a fan of chain-hotels, don't stay here... We weren't really, so 2 nights was just enough, we prefer it small and more personal. But this hotel met our expectations, without a doubt!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel, excellent service and that we were an exceptioanl values. I hope we can be of service in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Everything from start to finish was just great!! I arrived an hour before check in time and the front desk was very accomadating!! She went through all of the ammentities and was super helpful!

The room was impeccable!! Very clean and well appointed. The bed was one of the better I have slept in and they clearly spend the extra for the linens.

The restaurant/lounge was great for a quick martini!!!

There is SO much within walking distance so you can literally park and go on with your trip. The light rail is just a few blocks away which takes you downtown within minutes and several coffee shops and quick service restaurants within blocks.

I travel to Portland for business quite often and used hotwire for this stay and I can only hope I get this property again in the future!!! This hotel certainly will stand out as one of the best in my opinion!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We think our location is ideal for anyone who wants to have easy access to anything Portland has to offer. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel and look forward to your return. Thanks for staying with us.
Forest City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

The first time I stayed here I booked this hotel through Hotwire. A good stay the first time. Now I can book a 3 star hotel in Gresham at a very good rate but Gresham is a bit far out. So I booked this hotel a few times afterward and the stays ranged from very good to not so good. But my last stay here was simply horrible. From a rude check in experience to trash in the room upon entering to no housekeeping service to the missing wake up call and the lack of concern at check out. Plus a very rude email from the Catering manager who helped me book my stay. This Priority Club Gold Meeting Planner will never stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank you for your review; we value all feedback received. I did notice that you have stayed with us in the past and that many hotels, even the zoo have struggled to meet your expectations within the restrictions of the reservation terms you agreed to. Please except my apologies for your stay. I stand behind my hotel and service. I am to our guests, if I could be of assistance in overcoming any issue that arise.
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

What's most important in a hotel? How about a good night's sleep? I never fail to sleep well at the Crown Plaza. The bed is comfortable, the pillows are soft and it's always quiet. I recommend staying on the top floors to avoid street noise but the hotel is well insulated against all noise inside and out.

The whole place is always clean, the service is good while minimal and the location is great if you have events to attend in that area (Convention Center).

My favorite detail is the little drawstring bag on the bed when you check in that contains ear plugs, an eye mask and a small spray bottle of lavendar linen spray. Ahhhhh.

Room Tip: The higher, the better for a quiet stay.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and continue to return again and againg. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Portland please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Shaker Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I came to Portland for a meeting at the convention center. I chose Crowne Plaza because they provide shuttle service to and from the airport, but it turned out that everything in the hotel, including service, was first rate. There are even complimentary bicycles available! Very
close to the MAX stop. Definitely worth every penny. We had dinner in the restaurant
one night and the food was lovely. I was able to print out my boarding passes in their
business center, and all the equipment worked beautifully.

Room Tip: Our room was near the elevator and it was still very quiet!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown and we look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of service in the future.

Take care.
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

There was a mix up with our reservations and it ended up being my fault but the Crowne Plaza did a first rate job at taking care of it and not making me feel like a fool! Not only did they find us another room at an IHG property so I could still get my Priority Club points but they went out of their way to ensure we still had a wonderful girls trip to Portland. They knew it was my mothers birthday and they actually sent flowers to the other hotel so my mom would have a beautiful arrangement when she checked in with a a very thoughtful card attached. I was so stressed out because of my flight delays and eventual cancellations that I almost started crying when my mom called me so excited to tell me about the flowers. I can't thank them enough and if this is the kind of service that you get from the Crowne Plaza Downtown Portland without even staying there, then I wouldn't want to stay any place else!! They've got my business for life!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review it made my day. We love when we are able to wow our guests and earn their business. Please feel free to contact me directly at anytime in the future when you plan on being back in Portland. My team and I look forward to serving you for a lifetime.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I recently had to relocate from Portland to Seattle; however my wife and daughter had to stay back in Portland for a while. During the last week in Portland they lived at the CP Portland and loved every minute of it. On that last week I had the chance to experience exceptional service from every department.
The front desk was always smiling and ready to assist with any questions we had and some outstanding dinner recommendations. One evening while I was walking in the lobby with my 2 year old daughter trying to kill sometime, the Concierge (Shae) called us over and pulled out a little bag of goodies that she had for my daughter to pick something out( she still love that purple butterfly clip.)
They have a shuttle that runs in a 5 miles radius that allowed us to get to Downtown and back hassle free.
We had Breakfast and dinner there a couple of times and the food was outstanding. They make everything from scratch and have a wonderful selection of Local Micro Brews some of which are difficult to find in the Portland area.
They also have a great pool that is saltwater treated; needless to say we spent a lot of time at the pool having fun.
Thank you staff of CP Portland, you made us feel like we were part of your family. We will be back when we visit Portland again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you so much for your great review I was very pleased my staff was able to help make your transition easier. I look forward to sharing your comments with my team and look forward to you returning to Portland.
Thank you.

Been to Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center? Share your experiences!