My fiance and I checked in for a one night stay with another room for a friend under our reservation. My biggest problem was that they did not give me a Priority Club packet for my second reservation, which means my friend did not get his complimentary drink. The front desk associate refused to give him one since he was not a member, even though it was under my name. If it hadn't been so busy with check ins I would have gone up and asked for it myself.
The beds are very firm, which is not awesome for me, but maybe good for others. I like mine soft and squishy. Room was clean with the exception of the tub being stained.
April, the bar tender, was a great delight to our evening and was very hospitable and sociable. Matthew, at the front desk during check in, was also very informative and helpful.
Over all I expected more from a Crowne Plaza but it wasn't a terrible experience. I would definitely consider booking rooms for my family when they come to Oregon for my wedding next year.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Hotel Portland
- Crowne Plaza Portland
- Holiday Inn Portland
- Portland Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portland hotel is close to Oregon Convention Center Located just off I-5, in the heart of downtown Portland, the recently renovated Crowne Plaza Portland - Downtown - Convention Center is a great place to base your next trip to Portland. With a convenient location near Portland International Airport (PDX) and Fareless Square, you will find that getting around the city is a breeze. Within walking distance of our hotel in Portland are major venues like the Oregon Convention Center, Rose Garden Arena and Memorial Coliseum, and our hotel shuttle service is available to take you to these facilities. Also, our hotel is near Fareless Square, where Portland's MAX light rail system will take you downtown, free of charge. Some of the city's best dining, shopping and tourist attractions are within in walking distance of our hotel. Portland's Lloyd Center Mall, just over a mile away, offers great shopping opportunities, or if you'd rather, you can find a quiet haven within the city at the Portland Classical Chinese Gardens, located just over a mile from our downtown Portland hotel. Additionally, we're not far from Portland's Pearl District, the city's most colorful and creative district. Our hotel near Portland International has 11 meeting rooms that can be tailored to fit the needs of your event. With new audio/visual options and free high-speed Internet access, come see why the Crowne Plaza Portland is the Place to Meet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.