One of the worst hotels I've stayed in for the price. I phoned ahead the week before to ask for a quiest room, when I got there I was facing the freeway, and told I wasn't able to move for five nights. My colleague (who is male and looks older) asked for a room move the next morning, and was instantly accomodated. The reception were apologetic, but unhelpful. At breaksfast we waited 45 minutes to get our food, and had frankly pathetic excuses about us moving seats - in actual fact one of our colleagues has moved to join us.
The ear plugs in the room were much needed, but could not block out the traffic noise, even on the 'quiet' side.
The pool and gym were smaller than my lounge, so it was hard to get a good workout in the pool, but most of the time I was so tired from my lack of sleep that I didn't have the energy.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Hotel Portland
- Crowne Plaza Portland
- Holiday Inn Portland
- Portland Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portland hotel is close to Oregon Convention Center Located just off I-5, in the heart of downtown Portland, the recently renovated Crowne Plaza Portland - Downtown - Convention Center is a great place to base your next trip to Portland. With a convenient location near Portland International Airport (PDX) and Fareless Square, you will find that getting around the city is a breeze. Within walking distance of our hotel in Portland are major venues like the Oregon Convention Center, Rose Garden Arena and Memorial Coliseum, and our hotel shuttle service is available to take you to these facilities. Also, our hotel is near Fareless Square, where Portland's MAX light rail system will take you downtown, free of charge. Some of the city's best dining, shopping and tourist attractions are within in walking distance of our hotel. Portland's Lloyd Center Mall, just over a mile away, offers great shopping opportunities, or if you'd rather, you can find a quiet haven within the city at the Portland Classical Chinese Gardens, located just over a mile from our downtown Portland hotel. Additionally, we're not far from Portland's Pearl District, the city's most colorful and creative district. Our hotel near Portland International has 11 meeting rooms that can be tailored to fit the needs of your event. With new audio/visual options and free high-speed Internet access, come see why the Crowne Plaza Portland is the Place to Meet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.