“Great rooms, so-so service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 20%
Ranked #8 of 133 hotels in Portland
Winnipeg
“Great rooms, so-so service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great hotel if you need to spend a night close to the airport. The rooms are large and roomy, well appointed if perhaps a bit dated. Comfy beds. And the food in the restaurant was much better than expected. One of our best meals in Portland actually. That said, the front desk staff seemed pretty uninterested in what they were doing, and the lines for checking in were long. The computer in the business centre was down and it took housekeeping a long time to respond to a request for assistance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at our hotel.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms comfortable and the food in our Lakeside Bar and Grill better than expected.

My apologies for the service delays you encountered at the front desk and the glitch with the business center computer. I have addressed these with our team and we are working diligently to prevent this from occurring again in the future.

We hope you will visit us again when we can meet or exceed your expectations in all areas.

609 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Particularly welcome and relaxing for business travelers. Ask for lakeside
Dining and bar are ok but nothing special. Nice view of lake
Good easy shuttle service to airport
Quiet location good beds
So so happy hour $1.00 off drinks

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms good
Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay.

I'm pleased that you felt welcomed and enjoyed your time with us. We hope you will come and see us again whenever you have need of a Portland airport hotel.

tempe, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This property is VERY close to the airport. They have a shuttle that runs pretty much all the time. AWESOME service, good onsite restaurant, nice beds, free morning "snack" bags, complimentary gourmet coffee, and clean rooms. Got an awesome rate through Hotwire. My only complaint is that there wasn't an exercise bike in the workout room! :-(

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I'm glad you enjoyed our clean rooms, comfortable beds, great food and "AWESOME" service!

I'm sorry you missed having an exercise bike in the fitness center. We will certainly take that into consideration for future planning!

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back our way!

Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We only stayed one night after flying in late to Portland; had no trouble locating the hotel. We booked the trip through Hotwire, and check-in was smooth. They gave us a coupon for two free breakfast buffets the next morning, making this an even better value. Plenty of space in the room, temperature in the room was comfortable, noise level was low despite being close to the airport. For light sleepers, they even furnished free ear plugs, but none of us needed them. Breakfast was good, as was the service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to review your recent experience at our hotel.

I'm so glad you found the hotel to be a great value in addition to enjoying the guest rooms, breakfast buffet and guest services provided by our friendly staff.

Please come and see us again soon!

HONOLULU
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

we did a last minute booking near portland airport...what a deal...came in at noon and registration staff was very pleasant and informative/helpful...room was on the backside overlooking a "duck" pond, room was "roomy" and very clean, spacious, and quiet..they have a bar/lounge/rest...happy hour 4-6pm which included inexpensive salads and meal prices --Tim the bartender did double duty and serviced us --A++++....a real surprise for us finding this hotel near portland airport ---shuttle service runs every 15 minutes (20minutes on Sat/Sun), and a plus(besides the happy hour meals) was free usage of the "laundry" washer and dryer.. a gem

Room Tip: stayed the backside by pond
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent visit to our hotel!

I'm pleased you enjoyed your time with us and found us to be a great value in both service and amenities. I have shared your comments with Tim and he was honored that you mentioned him by name.

We hope to see you again whenever you have need of a Portland airport hotel!

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Wow, I was very impressed with this hotel! I stayed five nights last week here and enjoyed it. I arrived mid-morning after a long set of cross country flights. Before driving off to see some of the Columbia Gorge waterfalls, I stopped off at the hotel to drop my suitcases off. A guy named Andrew was more than happy to store them for me so I didn't have to lug them around more than I had to. Later that evening, I was checked in by Justin. I had read in the reviews about this person so I was curious to see if he lived up to those good reviews. He did! Being very friendly and accommodating he made sure I was set. I had problems getting the elevator to work ( I had the 4th floor and needed the keycard to access it). I mentioned this to him and he grabbed one of my suitcases for me and came to the elevator to help me. Turns out it was my mistake, I thought you had to leave the key in there not take it back out. Hey, when I'm tired even simple tasks become hard! I only had that one occasion to interact with him but I was very impressed with him, many kudos! The other check in staff was very nice as well, though I don't remember the other names.
The room itself, on the 4th floor was very big! Much more than I expected! Everything seemed in order and the room was fine. Nice view over the pond too. It was cleaned daily and I never had problems with the Wi-Fi. I did hear a lot of trains going by and airplanes taking off/landing. Since I'm a very hard sleeper, this isn't an issue for me. Ear plugs are provided in case you happen to sleep lightly. I loved the Sleep Number Beds!
The restaurant, Lakeside Bar and Grille, was very nice. A little pricy, but for a hotel restaurant not the most expensive I've seen. The breakfast buffet was included in my rate and was filling. A slight notch above Hampton Inn's I'd say. The appetizer and drink coupons were very nice! Helped make it more affordable. The Buttermilk Chicken Fingers are great! I'd about fly back out there just for that! The service was friendly and reasonably swift for the crowd they had. Deborah was my waitress many times for breakfast and even began recognizing me after a few days! She's great at what she does and really nice. Always kept my much needed coffee cup full! Wade was friendly and efficient as my waiter in the evenings as well.
Location wise could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your circumstances. The location very close to PDX can't be beat! While I had a rental car and didn't need to use it, the hotel has an airport shuttle van. The secluded location is relaxing. Hard to believe you are so close to an airport! The downside is if you don't have a car, getting into the city can be time consuming. If you have a rental car like I did the location is great! The trip into Downtown Portland didn't take long at all. There is access to nearby I-205 and I-84. So getting to the Gorge or points outside of Portland is easy. Also, there aren't any convenience stores nearby so that can be a little hard. Again, if you have a car its not as much an issue. Also, the hotel location can be hard to find as its a little off the beaten path. Still close to the airport, but a little hidden. I'm really good at maps/directions so I had no problems finding it. I could see someone who isn't good with directions or familiar with Portland have trouble though. There are some signage nearby, but its rather small and easy to miss. My biggest suggestion for the hotel in general is to invest in more, larger, and easier to see signage on the roads leading in.
Overall, a very nice place to spend five nights of my first ever visit to the Pacific Northwest! If my travels ever take me back to Portland, I'll "Land Here" first!

Room Tip: Try for a room facing the pond.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Wow! Thank you for such an extensive review of your recent 5-night stay with us! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind comments about our staff - particularly Andrew, Justin, Deborah and Wade. I appreciate the opportunity to acknowledge them all for a job well done!

We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Seal Rock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Discovered the PDX Radisson several years ago and have stayed many times. It has consistently been well staffed with professional and personable people. The rooms are kept up to date and always in good repair. They are comfortable and clean. This is located very close to PDX and meets all my needs I have before or after making a long drive to get to PDX or back home again. Their "Lakeside Cafe" has a good variety of decent food and drink.
It seems to be used mostly by non-kid travelers, which lends itself for a quiet, restful and stress relieving break. If you are super sensitive to plane noise, the Radissson does provide ear plugs, but I usually bring my noise canceling air machine wherever I go, so, the noise has never been an issue.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for being such a loyal guest of the Portland Radisson! We appreciate you and your kind comments about our property.

We hope to see you again soon whenever you have need of an airport hotel.

Have a GREAT day!

Becky Fields

Been to Radisson Hotel Portland Airport? Share your experiences!