“Comfortable room, pretty setting” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #8 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Round Rock, Texas
“Comfortable room, pretty setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We only stayed one night after flying in late to Portland; had no trouble locating the hotel. We booked the trip through Hotwire, and check-in was smooth. They gave us a coupon for two free breakfast buffets the next morning, making this an even better value. Plenty of space in the room, temperature in the room was comfortable, noise level was low despite being close to the airport. For light sleepers, they even furnished free ear plugs, but none of us needed them. Breakfast was good, as was the service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your recent experience at our hotel.

I'm so glad you found the hotel to be a great value in addition to enjoying the guest rooms, breakfast buffet and guest services provided by our friendly staff.

Please come and see us again soon!

Becky Fields

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
HONOLULU
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

we did a last minute booking near portland airport...what a deal...came in at noon and registration staff was very pleasant and informative/helpful...room was on the backside overlooking a "duck" pond, room was "roomy" and very clean, spacious, and quiet..they have a bar/lounge/rest...happy hour 4-6pm which included inexpensive salads and meal prices --Tim the bartender did double duty and serviced us --A++++....a real surprise for us finding this hotel near portland airport ---shuttle service runs every 15 minutes (20minutes on Sat/Sun), and a plus(besides the happy hour meals) was free usage of the "laundry" washer and dryer.. a gem

Room Tip: stayed the backside by pond
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent visit to our hotel!

I'm pleased you enjoyed your time with us and found us to be a great value in both service and amenities. I have shared your comments with Tim and he was honored that you mentioned him by name.

We hope to see you again whenever you have need of a Portland airport hotel!

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Wow, I was very impressed with this hotel! I stayed five nights last week here and enjoyed it. I arrived mid-morning after a long set of cross country flights. Before driving off to see some of the Columbia Gorge waterfalls, I stopped off at the hotel to drop my suitcases off. A guy named Andrew was more than happy to store them for me so I didn't have to lug them around more than I had to. Later that evening, I was checked in by Justin. I had read in the reviews about this person so I was curious to see if he lived up to those good reviews. He did! Being very friendly and accommodating he made sure I was set. I had problems getting the elevator to work ( I had the 4th floor and needed the keycard to access it). I mentioned this to him and he grabbed one of my suitcases for me and came to the elevator to help me. Turns out it was my mistake, I thought you had to leave the key in there not take it back out. Hey, when I'm tired even simple tasks become hard! I only had that one occasion to interact with him but I was very impressed with him, many kudos! The other check in staff was very nice as well, though I don't remember the other names.
The room itself, on the 4th floor was very big! Much more than I expected! Everything seemed in order and the room was fine. Nice view over the pond too. It was cleaned daily and I never had problems with the Wi-Fi. I did hear a lot of trains going by and airplanes taking off/landing. Since I'm a very hard sleeper, this isn't an issue for me. Ear plugs are provided in case you happen to sleep lightly. I loved the Sleep Number Beds!
The restaurant, Lakeside Bar and Grille, was very nice. A little pricy, but for a hotel restaurant not the most expensive I've seen. The breakfast buffet was included in my rate and was filling. A slight notch above Hampton Inn's I'd say. The appetizer and drink coupons were very nice! Helped make it more affordable. The Buttermilk Chicken Fingers are great! I'd about fly back out there just for that! The service was friendly and reasonably swift for the crowd they had. Deborah was my waitress many times for breakfast and even began recognizing me after a few days! She's great at what she does and really nice. Always kept my much needed coffee cup full! Wade was friendly and efficient as my waiter in the evenings as well.
Location wise could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your circumstances. The location very close to PDX can't be beat! While I had a rental car and didn't need to use it, the hotel has an airport shuttle van. The secluded location is relaxing. Hard to believe you are so close to an airport! The downside is if you don't have a car, getting into the city can be time consuming. If you have a rental car like I did the location is great! The trip into Downtown Portland didn't take long at all. There is access to nearby I-205 and I-84. So getting to the Gorge or points outside of Portland is easy. Also, there aren't any convenience stores nearby so that can be a little hard. Again, if you have a car its not as much an issue. Also, the hotel location can be hard to find as its a little off the beaten path. Still close to the airport, but a little hidden. I'm really good at maps/directions so I had no problems finding it. I could see someone who isn't good with directions or familiar with Portland have trouble though. There are some signage nearby, but its rather small and easy to miss. My biggest suggestion for the hotel in general is to invest in more, larger, and easier to see signage on the roads leading in.
Overall, a very nice place to spend five nights of my first ever visit to the Pacific Northwest! If my travels ever take me back to Portland, I'll "Land Here" first!

Room Tip: Try for a room facing the pond.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Wow! Thank you for such an extensive review of your recent 5-night stay with us! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind comments about our staff - particularly Andrew, Justin, Deborah and Wade. I appreciate the opportunity to acknowledge them all for a job well done!

We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Seal Rock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Discovered the PDX Radisson several years ago and have stayed many times. It has consistently been well staffed with professional and personable people. The rooms are kept up to date and always in good repair. They are comfortable and clean. This is located very close to PDX and meets all my needs I have before or after making a long drive to get to PDX or back home again. Their "Lakeside Cafe" has a good variety of decent food and drink.
It seems to be used mostly by non-kid travelers, which lends itself for a quiet, restful and stress relieving break. If you are super sensitive to plane noise, the Radissson does provide ear plugs, but I usually bring my noise canceling air machine wherever I go, so, the noise has never been an issue.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for being such a loyal guest of the Portland Radisson! We appreciate you and your kind comments about our property.

We hope to see you again soon whenever you have need of an airport hotel.

Have a GREAT day!

Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My daughter and I arrived very late and were too tired to drive home to Salem. We went online after we arrived at PDX and all our favorite hotels, Hampton Inn, Aloft, Hyatt Place and Sheraton, were all around $170 night with tax. That seemed a little on the high side for a last minute reservation on a Sunday night, so we tried Hotels Tonight, which had nothing. We found a screaming deal through Trip Advisor for the Radisson, for $83! We called the hotel and grabbed it. The property is about 10 minutes away from the airport proper, off some side roads, tucked out of the way. It sits on a lovely little pond and is more quiet and tranquil that one of the typical airport properties. The lobby is bright and cheery, and the staff was warm and welcoming - even late at night. Having never stayed at a Radisson before, we didn't know what to expect. There is a fancy coffee machine in the lobby that serves hot cocoa, coffee drinks, or just plain joe. We asked for and received a room on the 4th floor. The room, with two queens beds, was spotlessly clean and very spacious. Furnishings were standard, and we appreciated the Sleep Number beds (my daughter enjoyed trying all the variations in firmness), large work desk with tape, pens, pads, staples and staple puller, free internet, strong shower, good room lighting and two large sinks outside of the bath/shower room. The fourth floor allows you access to the lounge which didn't have much but did have another one of those fantastic coffee machines, allowing us a warm hot chocolate before bed. You don't get a free breakfast at this hotel, but there's a reasonably priced restaurant on the property, and the Cameo Cafe is close by. The only negative I'd say is that the walls are pretty thin. We could hear the fellow next door snoring, and the women watching TV in the opposite room. We were so tired, it didn't bother us. The jet noise is muted and much better than the hotels nearer the airport, and we did not hear the train at all. (The hotel provides earplugs in case the train/planes cause you to lose sleep). I will definitely stay at this hotel again, and will try other Radissons as well. I was very impressed with the quality, cleanliness, spaciousness and service at this hotel and it's now our favorite place at PDX.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger 4th floor room facing the pond. Corner rooms by the fire escape have extra space.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel! I'm so pleased that your first experience with Radisson was such a positive one!

We love being your new favorite Portland airport hotel and hope to see you again very soon.

Maple Ridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I were in Portland for a horticultural convention held at the Embassy Hotel. We wanted to stay in a hotel that was a little off the beaten track so we chose the Radisson. Though the Embassy seems like a nice hotel the thought of jets flying right over us for a week did not appeal to us. We really enjoyed our stay here. The restaurant was the best part of this hotel. Very personable staff, good food and very reasonable prices. There was an intimate feeling that made you want to linger and not just eat and run. Some of the staff were amazing and seemed to anticipate our every need and want. I don't experience that too often. I am kicking myself for not taking note of their names because they really deserve extra kudos. Our room was spacious and quiet for the most part and the housekeeping staff were very friendly. There was a fridge, mini microwave and coffee machine. Above all we felt safe. I would have rated this hotel as excellent but the staff at the front desk were not very professional. When we checked in a young man handled us. We found his attitude to be a bit too casual and somewhat uninterested in any of our concerns that we had mentioned. For example some sites have stated that the rooms have safes. We were disappointed that this was not true. The young man had a fairly flippant attitude and stated that it must have been expedia that had mentioned it. When there are misprint on these sites shouldn't management amends these errors or point them out to these sites? He offered no real constructive way to deal with our valuables ie passports and suggested that everything would be fine. I would also like to add that the young lady who joined him at the desk was dressed in skintight jeans and runners with a large fake flower in her hair. I thought that she was from housekeeping I didn't know that she was front desk. Very poor image for a really nice hotel. Improvement to some of the front desk people and I would rate this hotel as excellent!

Room Tip: A view of the small lake from the room is quieter and very pretty.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share about your recent stay at our hotel.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and that the Lakeside Bar and Grill was the highlight of your stay!

I appreciate your feedback regarding our front desk agents. Our goal is to consistently provide outstanding customer service and we will be providing coaching to the team to address these issues.

We hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time in August and I had the best experience. I travel to Portland a lot for work. I usually stay at another hotel downtown but after my stay here I am not going anywhere else.
The staff are the best! They are all friendly and nice. The food is great and
the rooms are nice and clean too. You get 5 diamond service at a 2 star price! Thank you to the team, I will see you on Monday :)

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again on your return visit!

Becky Fields

Been to Radisson Hotel Portland Airport? Share your experiences!