“Great if your flying out of pdx” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get More Offer
Ranked #5 of 133 Hotels in Portland
“Great if your flying out of pdx”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Loved my stay. The trains weren't too load and the bed was awesome. Get the pillow top forget the sleep number. The lakeside resturant was good. The food was better than the service, but the bartender was also having to be the waitress. Beer was reasonably priced and all craft beers on tap.

• Stayed June 2013
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share about your recent visit. I'm glad you loved your stay and we hope to see you again very soon!

Becky Fields

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
WASHINGTON STATE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We loved this hotel!!! Stayed here before and after our trip and left the car because you can park here for nothing but a room stay. We were way tired after a long flight, and landing at around 12:00 am. and were delighted with our shuttle driver who was friendly, outgoing and just plain nice to talk to. Only problem was that everything was closed but snack bar so no food. Would have been nice to just have a couple free cookies they usually have in the lobby. However, the free breakfast is wonderful so we held out till morn. There is a free happy hour In the eve I believe but we missed that. I can't say enough good things about the place - linens feel like silk, the soap and other goodies are very nice quality and reception is friendly and welcoming. The outside grounds are worth a stroll if you've some time to kill because there is a path around the lake and nice patio if weather permits outside dining. I did complain the first time we stayed at hotel about the loud and unpleasant music played In The dining room, but last time we stayed it was not so loud and more mellow. - maybe coincidence or maybe they listen to complaints? I am impressed by hotel management when they are considerate of their employees and make their work hours more pleasant by canning loud music - especially in the early morn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback about your recent stay with us!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found the music more to your liking this time. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

A group of four of us had been touring the Pacific Northwest via car for a week, and when it came time to leave, we headed back to Portland, Oregon where we started. We were flying out in the morning, so we wanted to stay at an airport close to the hotel the night before. We had reservations at the Radisson Portland Airport.

Getting to the Radisson is fairly easy. We were coming down from Washington state and the GPS directions got us there with ease. The hotel is located off of the main roads about 2 miles from the airport. It's back in a little business/hotel section where it's fairly quiet. The Radisson is a larger hotel with ample parking. It is a 4-story hotel with all interior room access.

When we entered the hotel, the lobby was very open and fresh. It smelled and looked clean, had a nice sitting area off to one side (with free coffee!) and a small convenience are where you can purchase a few items you may need, or even a post card or other small gift of the area.

Our room was up on the first floor (I say up because there is the ground floor, then 1 and up). Once you step off of the elevator, there is a sitting area that is open and overlooks the lobby. This can make the hallway a bit noisy in that area if the lobby is full, but nothing too bothersome.

Our room had a king sized bed. It was a nice spacious room, and we were immediately drawn to the window which overlooked a pond. Ducks swam in the water and a squirrel ran by. It made you feel like you were out in the country a little, certainly not like you were 2 miles from the airport.

The grounds, from what we could see, were pretty. If it hadn't been raining, we'd likely have walked around a bit on their walking path. Lovely flowers, sitting areas outside, and well-maintained lawns make it a nice place to relax while traveling.

The room's amenities are higher than most. The coffee maker in the room features above-average coffee. I had a cup shortly after arriving, and it was delicious. There is also tea. They provide real ceramic mugs along with travel cups with lids. They also provide glass drinking cups and a bottle of water for your convenience.

Hand soap, a lovely smelling body bar, shampoo, and lotion were provided. They also gave you a pair of ear plugs. The little card with the ear plugs explained that due to the close proximity to the airport, some people may find the noise a bit much. Yes, you can hear planes from time to time, but other than that, it's quiet.

We inspected the room for cleanliness, and it passed with flying colors. No hair on the floors, the sink (which is outside of the actual bathroom) was clean, bathtub and toilet both clean. The bed sheets had no stains, hairs, or bedbugs. They provided ample pillows which all appeared to be clean. The room also featured a lounge chair and ottoman which had no stains. It also had a desk and chair complete with a pen and note pad. The room is very well equipped for business travelers. Comfort, connect-ability, and space are all at the top of the list.

The shower felt nice, but the water pressure wasn't exceptional. Plenty of hot water, though.

This hotel features a restaurant, The Lakeside Bar and Grill, which is spectacular if you don't want to leave the hotel for dinner. We were tired and hungry, and it proved to be very handy for us. The food is a bit expensive (as you might expect) but it's not all that bad. The menu isn't very large, but provides a variety of dishes from meat to veggie and pasta to soups and salads. We were all able to find something that suited us. The beer was a tasty way to unwind, and they feature locally-brewed choices which we loved.

Service at the restaurant was good but slow. They have an attendant who comes around often to fill your water glass and remove dirty dishes. He wasn't overly knowledgeable about the menu or food, but he was happy and quick to get answers to our questions. Our waitress was pleasant, but seemed to be overworked. Perhaps they needed an additional server or two. The restaurant was pretty busy but we did not have to wait for a seat. If the weather is nice, you can sit outside on the patio and have your meal.

We had a nice, quiet nights' sleep until my husband's phone rang early in the morning. But his phone saved us! I never set the alarm and our wake-up call never happened, and when his phone rang, it woke us from dead sleep giving us 20 minutes to get ready! We had signed up for the 6AM free shuttle to the airport (you need to sign up for it due to space limitations). The clock in our room ended up being about 7 minutes slow and we missed our shuttle. It wasn't a big deal, though, we were welcomed on the next shuttle just 20 minutes later.

They have breakfast at the Radisson Portland Airport, but due to our unfriendly start to the morning, we didn't get to experience it. They did have some granola bars, fruit, and bottled water and coffee (all complimentary) set up right in the lobby for those in a hurry. You can just grab and go. That at least got a little food in our tummies.

The lobby can get pretty full lots of times of day from what I noticed. I did no interact with the desk staff, but did notice on the morning of our departure, the gentleman at the desk seemed less than thrilled to be there. He never smiled, ignored guests who walked up to the desk, and was in general inattentive. Perhaps he was having a bad morning, I don't know.

The Radisson Portland Airport felt like a very superior hotel. They have screens in the lobby which cycle through departuring flights, just like the ones at the airport. That would be super handy if there was bad weather there or where you were headed, you could see if your flight was delayed without leaving the hotel or even looking it up on your phone. They offer room service, same-day laundry/dry cleaning service, a fitness center (no pool), business center, and an ATM.

If you want to go into Portland but don't want to drive, it's easy! Take the free shuttle to the airport, then catch the light rail from there. You can ride all through downtown, get off for food or shopping or other sights. Then, back to the airport, catch the shuttle, and you're at the hotel. No car needed!

I would highly recommend this hotel, especially to business travelers. That seems to be what this hotel specializes in. But families or couples will find it to be comfortable and accommodating as well.

Room Tip: If you can get a lake-side room, it offers a pretty view. The other side would be of the parking-lo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wow! Thank you for taking time to write such a detailed and thorough review of your recent experience at our hotel! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We would love to have you visit again when your travels bring you back to our area!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is truly an amazing hotel. The rooms are very large and truly one of the cleanest I have ever stayed at. I would refer this hotel to anyone visiting Portland, Oregon. I look forward to coming back next year. The staff is kind and pleasant. They made our stay even more enjoyable with the knowledge and care that they showed my family and I. Thank you for making this one of our favorite places to stay. We looked forward to returning to our hotel each night because it was so comfortable. Thank you Portland Radisson!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for the excellent feedback! I love hearing about our wonderful staff and the care they provided your family. We have a great team of employees who truly enjoy providing great service to our guests.

We hope you will come and see us again when your travels bring you back to our area!

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We got exactly what we were looking for in this hotel: a hotel not in downtown (15 minute drive) that was less expensive. Definately no frills. In fact there is a little table by the front labeled "complimentary breakfast". The only thing there is coffee. Haha. But that was fine. We didn't fly cross country to eat Radisson breakfast!
Note about the noise: They provide earplugs on the night stand with a note expressing concern about the train and airport noise. But I must say, we sleep with white noise so we left the bathroom fan on all night which is not loud at all and we never heard a peep of noise from either the airport nor trains. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with us.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay!

In addition to a full breakfast menu and buffet in the Lakeside Bar and Grill we also provide a complimentary "Grab and Go" breakfast in the lobby. It is conveniently bagged and includes whole fruit, energy bars, bottled water, coffee and tea. I apologize that it was not available at the time you checked out of the hotel.

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Centralia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I used the very affordable park n fly option for a week away and stayed before a very early AM flight. I was so nicely surprised at the quality of the room and food-and price! I received an upgrade to the top floor. Room was very nicely furnished, and so clean. Very comfortable bed and quiet.
The friendly staff also gave me a voucher to happy hour which I believe was good for two drinks and two items off the happy hour menu. That was dinner for me! I had a wonderful large salad and calamari. It was excellent and service was great.
Shuttle even runs at 4:15AM! I didn't have to wait long for the shuttle upon my return to PDX.
I haven't stayed here in several years and was happy to see all the upgrades that have been done. I will definitely now stay here every time I need to overnight at PDX! In fact, I'd stay for several nights!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the excellent feedback regarding your recent stay with us!

I'm glad you enjoyed all aspects of your visit. We strive to provide each guest with a most comfortable and convenient experience.

We know you have a choice of airport hotels and we truly appreciate you choosing us. Please come and see us again soon.

Medford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here on a business trip. The room was nice and clean. Everything we requested was taken care of. The food was very good. I would recommend them and I would definitely stay there again. The shuttle runs every half hour so the wait to get to the airport is minimal. You can catch the train from the airport to get downtown and enjoy the sites. On our last day we had to check out before we were finished with our business class and they were nice enough to watch our bags until we returned to leave.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent experience with us! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and certainly appreciate you recommending us to your friends and family!

We hope you will stay with us again whenever you have need of a Portland airport hotel.

Have a great day.

Becky Fields

Been to Radisson Hotel Portland Airport? Share your experiences!