“Solid Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Solid Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We got exactly what we were looking for in this hotel: a hotel not in downtown (15 minute drive) that was less expensive. Definately no frills. In fact there is a little table by the front labeled "complimentary breakfast". The only thing there is coffee. Haha. But that was fine. We didn't fly cross country to eat Radisson breakfast!
Note about the noise: They provide earplugs on the night stand with a note expressing concern about the train and airport noise. But I must say, we sleep with white noise so we left the bathroom fan on all night which is not loud at all and we never heard a peep of noise from either the airport nor trains. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with us.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay!

In addition to a full breakfast menu and buffet in the Lakeside Bar and Grill we also provide a complimentary "Grab and Go" breakfast in the lobby. It is conveniently bagged and includes whole fruit, energy bars, bottled water, coffee and tea. I apologize that it was not available at the time you checked out of the hotel.

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Becky Fields

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Centralia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I used the very affordable park n fly option for a week away and stayed before a very early AM flight. I was so nicely surprised at the quality of the room and food-and price! I received an upgrade to the top floor. Room was very nicely furnished, and so clean. Very comfortable bed and quiet.
The friendly staff also gave me a voucher to happy hour which I believe was good for two drinks and two items off the happy hour menu. That was dinner for me! I had a wonderful large salad and calamari. It was excellent and service was great.
Shuttle even runs at 4:15AM! I didn't have to wait long for the shuttle upon my return to PDX.
I haven't stayed here in several years and was happy to see all the upgrades that have been done. I will definitely now stay here every time I need to overnight at PDX! In fact, I'd stay for several nights!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the excellent feedback regarding your recent stay with us!

I'm glad you enjoyed all aspects of your visit. We strive to provide each guest with a most comfortable and convenient experience.

We know you have a choice of airport hotels and we truly appreciate you choosing us. Please come and see us again soon.

Medford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here on a business trip. The room was nice and clean. Everything we requested was taken care of. The food was very good. I would recommend them and I would definitely stay there again. The shuttle runs every half hour so the wait to get to the airport is minimal. You can catch the train from the airport to get downtown and enjoy the sites. On our last day we had to check out before we were finished with our business class and they were nice enough to watch our bags until we returned to leave.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent experience with us! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and certainly appreciate you recommending us to your friends and family!

We hope you will stay with us again whenever you have need of a Portland airport hotel.

Have a great day.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at the Portland Airport Radisson just one night before a flight out early the next morning. This was my first stay and I chose this because last time I stayed at the Red Lion by the Airport and it was not clean or comfortable. So it was time to spend a little more and I was pleased that this place was nicer, cleaner, and I was treated so well - as though the staff really cared about my happiness. They upgraded me to a business class room which was kind and had not been requested. They gave me a voucher for an appetizer and a drink in the bar up til 11pm and that was a nice treat. I had placed my reservation online and ordered a room with their parking package, so had not additionally ordered the breakfast. As it was, I was leaving before the breakfast bar opened, but they sack breakfasts to go (fruit and a granola type bar and water) which was great. The shuttle van dropped us off and our car was safe during the 10 day journey. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
I'm delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with us! It's true - our staff truly does care about the happiness of each of our guests.

I'm also glad our Stay, Park and Fly package was convenient for you. We hope you will think of us next time you are in need of an airport hotel!

Thank you again for the kind words.

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Having read many favorable reviews on TA We selected this hotel for a 5-night stay in late May. Our stay was a mixture of business and personal visits. I must say I was very disappointed. Perhaps we chose a bad week but good hotels don't have dips in standards of customer service.

On check-in We were greeted by a gentleman on reception desk who couldn't stop yawning. The room we were given was not equipped to the standard shown when booking. The room was very clean but awkwardly designed with the sink outside the bathroom in the main body of the bedroom. Also not a big fan of the sleep number bed. Unlike other reviewers we were not asked if we wanted such a bed or not.

The worst feature of our stay was the wait for breakfast at the chronically understaffed hotel restaurant. The two staff on floor duty worked very hard to serve the busy breakfast room but the average wait in the busy facility on two days was 40 minutes. The manager apologized but not a great advertisement for what is primarily a business hotel.

Location is close to the airport but a bit of a stretch to call it an "airport hotel" as their are several hotels in the airport complex whereas the Radisson is a bit further away.

In short not the best Radisson we have stayed at and I wouldn't recommend it for either personal or vacation travel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We will be following up with our staff to insure our guests are taken care of in a prompt and professional manner.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly to discuss your experience further.

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Clean, well organized hotel with exceptionally helpful staff. Location could be a problem for a car-free vacation traveler (there is nothing within walking distance of the property and no noticeable public transportation options), but by car, it is surprisingly close to Portland's Alberta and Mississippi Ave district (cool independent shops, and some great restaurants/bars). Additionally, the hotel's proximity to the airport and complimentary shuttle service made returning our rental car (which we were able to do the evening before departure) and getting to the airport for our early morning flight a breeze.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us! I appreciate your great feedback!

I agree we are located a bit off the beaten path, but we will happily shuttle our guests to and from the nearby Cascade Station for shopping and dining or to the MAX light rail station. From MAX you can easily visit anywhere in the Portland metro area including the Alberta and Mississippi district you mentioned.

Please come and see us again soon!

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at the hotel in May 2013 and the whole experience was great. The receptionist was friendly, helpful and kind, he gave me vouchers for the restaurant for dinner as I'd be checking out before breakfast, the food in the restaurant was great and the waiter was really good, and they provide to-go bags of fruit and granola bars (and have coffee) for people who leave before the continental breakfast starts. The room was clean, quiet and spacious. I will never stay anywhere else when I need a "park and fly" hotel in Portland. Its a great value for a very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind comments!

I'm pleased that we have earned your business as your "park and fly" hotel of choice at the Portland Airport.

We have an excellent staff who do a great job of anticipating the needs of our guests - and it sounds like we succeeded in your case!

We hope you will come and visit us again before your next trip.

Becky Fields

Been to Radisson Hotel Portland Airport? Share your experiences!