“Good, clean and inexpensive” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 20%
Ranked #9 of 132 hotels in Portland
Washington
“Good, clean and inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Pretty much everything you could ask for in a property. Check in was quick and courteous. Yes there is long term airport parking, but there was always parking for hotel guests in the lot. Room is slightly oversized with couch and a nice big desk. Flat screen TV is large and room has microwave, refrigerator, and single serve coffee maker. Beds are select comfort, and we were lucky to be staying 3 nights so we could dial in the correct number before we left. This may not be good for a guest only staying 1 night and not having any experience with the bed. Lots of shopping and restaurants close by at cascade station. On site restaurant is alright but not great. Oh and water located behind the hotel is a pond, not a lake, but still nice to look over out your window. Overall would stay here again because of the value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Binford13,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. In addition to the sleep number beds we also have plush pillow-top and firm (non-sleep number) beds so we can accommodate the preferences of most guests.

I'm pleased you found the guest rooms spacious, comfortable, well-appointed and a great value.

Please come and see us again when your travels bring you back to our area.

564 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We booked a standard king room through Expedia, and the room was nice and large. We were a little worried because our room shared a wall with the ice/vending room, but it wasn't an issue. We did hear doors slamming occasionally though. The vanity area is outside of the bathroom, which worked fine for my boyfriend & I, so we could get ready simultaneously. The bathroom is on the small side, so changing in there might be a tight squeeze if you need to do that. The products in the room are great, and they provide earplugs for light sleepers (no issues for us). There is a complimentary guest laundry area with a free washer/dryer, which was great, since I packed light for our 8 days & planned to wash our clothes. Just bring your own detergent. The shuttle seemed to run quite often, though we never used it. They have two tv screens outside the elevators showing flight statuses. The parking lot, which also serves as a park & fly lot (seemed very common in this area) was very full each night. We always found a spot, but it was generally towards the back corner of the lot. The front desk people were very friendly when we checked in & out, even patiently dealing with the rude woman in front of us who demanded a double queen room even though she booked a king (the hotels in the area were full due to a conference that weekend). We didn't utilize much in the way of amenities since we were out sightseeing most of the time, but the restaurant in the hotel seemed to have good foot traffic, the room service menu looked reasonable, they have business & fitness centers, and they have send out laundry/dry cleaning. With a little updating this hotel would be really nice.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MV744,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us! We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and hope you will return again soon.

Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

When we checked in, there were not enough staff. The one person behind the desk was working with one client who was really obnoxiously detailed in her needs. When we finally were helped, the staff person was very friendly. We were happy with the room/ suite we had, but we needed a change from the initial room that smelled heavily of stale cigarette smoke. The management were very helpful in allowing the quick room change, no questions asked.

I liked the early (4.30 - 7.30 am) quick bag to go of water, a granola bar and a piece of fruit. There was also tea and coffee. Convenient for those who stay here - on the go to the airport. I didn't like the room setup because I hate having the bathroom sink and vanity outside of the bathroom. The space, though, was nice - quite a lot of room for work, lounging and sleeping. I liked the coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave convenience to warm-up my prior night's food.

I would recommend this place for the great price with the one warning about the sink/ vanity being outside of the bathroom.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Constantcritic,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the delay you experienced at check-in and room set up. I realize it is a matter of personal preference, but many of our guests prefer the double sink/vanity area to be located outside of the bathroom.

I'm glad you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay including the Grab and Go breakfast in the lobby for early departures and the microwaves and refrigerators in all of our guest rooms.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you'll visit us again soon.

Detroit, Mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here on award based on previous reviewers that got upgraded to Lindberg level (similar concept with club level on Hiltons).
The room is a outdated and not that upscale as advertised. Even the Lindberg rooms are not any better. Only consolation is the availability of club room 437 that provide hot beverages and secluded business center 24x7.
The pool and walking trail are nothing to be talk about, it is basically a small pond sandwiched between the hotel and the office building in the back.
also this is a "park-and-fly" facility - so parking can be a challenge due to a lot of car traffic (no enforced separate parking between guest and park-and-fly).
It seems that there is a recent policy change that even if you upgraded to Lindberg level, you will not get the breakfast package. Not even if you are a Gold member with Club Carlson.

Based on the above and price point, it is better to stay in the Country Inn and Suites just like a mile away.

Room Tip: try to get upgraded to Lindberg level, no bfast, but less traffic as it need the keycard to get to t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Surplu4u,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Portland Airport Radisson, I apologize that your recent stay did not meet your expectations.

To clarify a couple of details - we do have designated long term parking for our park and fly guests separate from overnight hotel guest parking. We do include breakfast (as well as happy hour appetizer and 2 adult beverages) for guest's who book a First Class (formerly Lindbergh) Level guest room.

Even though we are conveniently close to the airport, the majority of our guests also enjoy our hotel's peaceful setting.

Best regards,

Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I used my Carlson points to stay in this hotel while traveling in the Pacific Northwest. We never really went to the airport, mostly to the downtown area of Portland. What I loved about this hotel that it was so well connected to nature (especially thinking about the fact that it is an airport hotel). Arrival was amazing, friendly staff. Hotel room was awesome, big enough to fit four people and be confortable. It had two bathroom sinks, a nice little seating arrangement. Next time in Portland, Radisson Airport Hotel will be my choice!

Room Tip: The rooms with view on the lake are awesome.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear iKevin26,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our serene setting, spacious rooms and friendly staff.

Please come and visit us again when your travels bring you back to our area!

Albany, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Booked via Expedia. Clearly stated that I had 5 guests. Was offered a double queen on the Lindbergh Level with free Continental Breakfast at a good price so I took it. The day before we traveled I called because I was curious where the 5th person was going to sleep. Very nice staff member looked up the reservation and moved me to a room that included a sofa bed (not sure why they didn't do the math before I called). I also verified that breakfast was included. One the day of we called because we weren't going to be in until around midnight. Again, nice person said no problem. Curious that later that night someone from the hotel left a message on my home voice mail saying that I had asked to cancel my reservation but that I would have to do it through Expedia. Say what? When I got to the hotel the front desk person was very nice, gave me keys to the first floor room but had no breakfast associated with my reservation. I explained that in obtaining a room with a sofabed I must have been moved off of the Lindbergh Level and the breakfast benefit. Made sense to her so she asked how many in my party. I said 5. She conferred with the other person working and concluded that I was only entitled to two breakfast vouchers and any other eaters would be charged $5 (no where in my reservation did it say that breakfast would only be provided to two in my party). Three issues once in the room. 1) Quickly noticed that there were only four bath towels (after I called them about five in my party I was still a bath towel short). 2) Only one sheet on the sofabed and it looked like it had been there a while (called the front desk and they did bring a towel and sheets quickly) 3) The blow dryer quit after a short amount of use.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Russ A,

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel.

I would also invite you to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your experience in greater detail.

Becky Fields

Been to Radisson Hotel Portland Airport? Share your experiences!