“Good Location, Great Staff, Alright Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 20%
Ranked #9 of 132 Hotels in Portland
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Location, Great Staff, Alright Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here on a Hotel Tonight stay, so prepaid via the app at a savings of $30. The shuttles in the evening run every 15 minutes which is really nice, especially when you stay at properties and find out they're every 30 minutes and you just missed the last one.

The staff was really nice. They had that laid back Portland vibe that was nice. I was there for a mileage run, so literally I just was in the room for 8 hours. The room was fine. Free bottle of water. Apparently I was on a Lindbergh floor, but I'm not sure what that meant.

Sleep Number....That apparently means "complicated and uncomfortable" in another language. The housekeeping staff reset the beds to 100, which is essentially concrete, for new check ins. When futzing with the remote, remember that the left side of the bed is from the perspective of the sleeper and not the person looking at it while standing up.

Fancy free coffee machine in the lobby. Vanilla latte was tasty. The towels in the room double as loofas, which is good if you have layers of skin you're looking to get rid of.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear GCC14173,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Regarding our beds - we have three options: firm, plush pillow top and sleep number to accommodate the preferences of our guests.

We hope you will visit us again soon.

Thanks again and have a GREAT day!

Becky Fields

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just want to say that we have stayed at lots of hotels across the country but totally grab every opportunity to stay at the Radisson in Porltand.. The rooms have been updated.. and they are clean, quiet and comfortable. We stay there when we are going out on a early flight and need parking and a shuttle to the airport.. It is a bonus to have such a top notch resturant as the Lakeside Cafe.. great food there too. The staff does everything possible to make the stay great. I have even stayed there when I have a conference at the Rose Garden, as I can take the shuttle to the airport, then the max downtown.. no driving in Portland.. and can come "home" every night and feel refreshed for the next day.. I would recommend the Radisson

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear GGHadley,

Thank you for the great review about your recent stay with us! We know you have a choice of airport hotels and we truly appreciate your loyalty.

I'm happy that our clean newly-remodeled rooms, convenient free shuttle, on-site restaurant and friendly staff keep you coming back!

Looking forward to your next visit!

La Grande, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at several hotels near the Portland Airport. The Radisson Hotel has provided us with the best rate and the most comfort of any of the Hotels in the Area !!! There rooms are updated, Quiet, Very Clean and the Staff treats us like Family !!! We live 4 hours away in Eastern Oregon, we always Stay at the Radisson when we stay in Portland. The Staff takes Super Care of you if its just a week end or a Stay before a trip they have a park and Fly, Program were we leave or car in a secure long term lot, that is much cheaper than other hotels.
The Food and Service at this Hotel is better than any others is the area.

Room Tip: Every Room we have ever stayed in we liked !!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Juan5550,

Thank you so much for your loyalty! We know you have a choice and we truly appreciate you choosing us whenever you need an airport hotel.

Thank you for the great feedback. Come see us again very soon!

cher2116
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Radisson provides a nice clean room, staff is nice and attentive. Restaurant is okay, nice there's one there. Rooms are quiet. This is the third time I've stayed there prior to my flight departure for a vacation. Each time I get a sleep number bed which many of you may say great, but to me the bed is just a adjustable air mattress and very uncomfortable. I had asked upon reservations to get a non sleep number beds and that is dependent on availability. Why I decided to review this based on the bed as we were in the lobby awaiting our shuttle two other couples talked about the uncomfortable bed. One indicated the controls would not inflate the bed so it was very soft which was my experience last time. So, solely on the basis of desiring a good night sleep before your long flight I recommend not the Radisson.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Cher2116,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I appreciate you mentioning our clean, quiet rooms, attentive staff and onsite restaurant. I also appreciate your loyalty and the fact that you have stayed with us on multiple occasions.

I apologize that the sleep number beds do not meet your needs. Many of our guests love them. This is why we offer a choice of sleep number, standard firm beds as well as standard pillow top beds. We srive to accommodate all preferences and wish we could have done so in your case.

Thank you again for taking time to share your feedback.

Northern CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I might have been the only guest who didn't come in from the airport. I actually stayed here for three nights,instead of a single overnight, since my conference was in the north of Portland, a few miles away, and the rate was much lower than the conference hotel. I had my own car with me, so didn't use the shuttle. The parking was plentiful and free.

The hotel is located in an industrial park a few miles from the airport, but I never heard any jet noise or other airport disturbance my entire stay. My room was a small suite, with free and good wifi, and all the other amenities for this kind of hotel: soaps, lotions, coffee maker, fridge and microwave. It was spotless and I always had plenty of clean towels. Bed was a Select Comfort, so I got to try this highend mattress brand for my stay, but that's another review for another time, LOL.

Front desk was friendly and efficient, but never entered the lobby after checkin because the hotel had other entrances closer to my room. Didn't try the restaurant or bar, either.

Enjoyed my stay and would do it again if I return to Portland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is not easy to find if you are driving from the airport but it is worth it. An extremely friendly staff and great amenities make this hotel worth searching for. Let's talk about the happy hour menu. Very tasty and healthy dinner options for only $5.00 if you can handle eating a little bit early. They serve great local draft beers which are also discounted during happy hour. Then there is the free fruit, coffee, tea, granola bars, yoghurt and newspapers set out in the lobby each morning. And, there is free wi-fi, a small gym and business center. This is not a luxury hotel but I felt I was treated better here than at a 5 star hotel I stayed at recently near the Boston airport.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pond side are probably quieter. We had a heating unit beneath our window and even thou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Rooms are clean and roomy. I have stayed here several times and it has been a great experience. The staff was friendly and check in was fast. Their complimentary shuttle to airport is on time and the drivers are very freindly. I will stay again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Radisson Hotel Portland Airport? Share your experiences!