“Not for luxury but for service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 20%
Ranked #9 of 132 Hotels in Portland
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Not for luxury but for service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is not easy to find if you are driving from the airport but it is worth it. An extremely friendly staff and great amenities make this hotel worth searching for. Let's talk about the happy hour menu. Very tasty and healthy dinner options for only $5.00 if you can handle eating a little bit early. They serve great local draft beers which are also discounted during happy hour. Then there is the free fruit, coffee, tea, granola bars, yoghurt and newspapers set out in the lobby each morning. And, there is free wi-fi, a small gym and business center. This is not a luxury hotel but I felt I was treated better here than at a 5 star hotel I stayed at recently near the Boston airport.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pond side are probably quieter. We had a heating unit beneath our window and even thou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Lafayette, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Rooms are clean and roomy. I have stayed here several times and it has been a great experience. The staff was friendly and check in was fast. Their complimentary shuttle to airport is on time and the drivers are very freindly. I will stay again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Taylorsville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel, while not super-luxurious or resort-like, is "excellent" at what it is: an airport hotel catering to frequent/business travelers. This is an older property, tucked away in an office park. But don’t let that stop you: the extras this hotel offers more than make up for the slightly aging property.

The property is large, and my room was on the first floor, near the end of a couple very long corridors. The halls definitely reflected the older age of the property. But I opened my door to a large, sun-filled, clean room. I was pleasantly surprised by both the size of the room, and the amenities. It was informally divided into two areas: a living-room and a bedroom. The furniture included a king bed, couch, chair/ottoman, large flat-screen television (which swiveled for viewing from either the living area or the bed), mini-fridge, microwave, and a work desk stocked with every needed supply (stapler, tape, extra staples, and more). The mattress on the bed was a Select Comfort, which sounds great - but when I later tried to adjust the settings, it made a grinding noise but didn’t seem to do anything. Otherwise, everything appeared clean and in good working condition. I should note that one can occasionally hear the planes, and earplugs are offered on the bedside table. But I slept just fine without them.

A bevy of frequent-traveler amenities are offered. Free wi-fi is included, although at my distant end of the property, I had trouble connecting on my smart-phone. The business center has two computers and was handy for printing my boarding pass. There are at least two work-out rooms, on the first and second floors. There is a self-service guest laundry. I also noticed they offer 3-hour laundry service, which is unusual in my experience (most hotels offer overnight or 8-hr service), and is probably directed at serving the flight crews which I saw at the hotel. When I left at 4:30 a.m. for my early flight, I grabbed a banana from a free, well-stocked “to-go” breakfast area in the lobby, which included coffee, fruit, granola bars, and more. That was a nice touch to find so early in the morning. I also noticed that the complimentary airport shuttle was already running that early; again, something not every hotel offers.

But the best feature is their restaurant, the Lakeside Bar and Grill. The atmosphere is upscale casual, with lots of wood tables and booths, and outdoor patio seating next to a small lake. I expected the prices to be in the $10 - $25 range, and they probably are, on the regular dinner menu. But from 4-6 p.m., they offer a Happy Hour $5 food menu – and this is not your usual happy hour appetizers; these are full dinners! There are a dozen or more dinners on the menu, including over-sized salads, buttermilk-battered chicken strips, pasta plates (with or without meat), fish tacos, white chicken chili, and cooked-to-order, fully-dressed burgers with fries. The portions are not down-sized, either – these are full-sized dinners. And the restaurant staff was upscale professional as well, much more than I expected in an airport hotel.

I booked here because the rate was slightly less than my usual PDX hotel. I was so pleased with the restaurant and the quality of the room that I plan to make this my new regular PDX hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
midvale,ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Not super plush in appearance (more business like) but definitely worth it to stay here. Rooms are large, well furnished with very comfy beds. The mini fridge and micro are a welcome plus. DON'T MISS THE RESTAURANT. I've stayed here several times and am never disappointed in their chef. Happy hour food prices and selection are excellent. Love the pond in the back--so relaxing. Better fitness room than some better known hotel chains. Enitre staff is very friendly and helpful--makes us single travelers feel more at home. They'll even shuttle you to the Cascade train station if you want to shop or take the train to the city. Will certainly stay here the next time I'm in Portland.

Room Tip: Higher floor overlooking the pond is best.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Depoe Bay, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

What a great hotel and Its wonderful included in rate of hotel room they will keep your car while you are on vacation and they shuttle you back and forth :-) This hotel is clean and staff was very friendly. No complaints here!!! and the grab and go breakfast is very appreciated! great way to start a trip. And a big THANK YOU to the man who picked us up from airport well after midnight because our plane was late. GREAT SERVICE!!! Also restaurant food is delicious. Even my picky 4 year old ate!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Lovelywife75x,

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience at our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our stay, park and fly package and our convenient shuttle service! Thanks also for sharing about our clean, comfortable rooms and great food in our restaurant.

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit!

Creswell, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My mom and I stayed here before we headed out for Maui, since we had an early flight. The room was very comfortable (Sleep Comfort beds!!), and the front desk was so nice. They made sure we were all set for the shuttle the day of our flight, and got us there plenty early. The restaurant was very tasty as well. We highly recommend this hotel if you need a place to stay before your trip, and if you need a place to leave your car.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Alyssa M,

Thank you so much for taking time to write about your recent stay, park and fly experience with us! I'm happy you enjoyed our friendly staff, comfortable rooms and great food in the Lakeside Bar and Grill.

Please come and visit us again very soon.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I constantly stay at top-rated Tripadvisor hotels. I stayed here as I had a 6 am flight and wanted something very close to the airport. The reviews, photos and price all looked good. Our room was adequate and appreciated the shuttle service to and from the airport. My only complaint is that I found this hotel shabby looking (rugs, corridors, etc.) but not horrible for an airport hotel.

Room Tip: Great shuttle service to and from the airport.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Montreal246,

Thank you for taking time to share about your recent experience at our hotel.

I apologize that you were disappointed in the appearance of the property. We are constantly working to upgrade our hotel and hope that on your next visit we can meet or exceed your expectations.

We truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Becky Fields

Been to Radisson Hotel Portland Airport? Share your experiences!