“Welcome Back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Newport, Oregon
“Welcome Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

A genuine feeling of "welcome back" and familiar faces make The Radisson Hotel Portland a comfortable "home away from home". Always good service and excellent food in pleasant surroundings make this spot special. The staff meets and exceeds in all areas.
The shuttle service to and from the airport is much appreciated.
I live over three hours from the airport on the coast and this hotel certainly meets my needs both coming and going on my trips. I appreciate being able to leave my car there while gone.
The Radisson Portland was recommended by both family and a close friend.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms very peaceful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Janet e,

Wow! Thanks for the great note about your experiences with our hotel! I am thrilled that you feel "welcomed back" and comfortable every time you visit. Thanks for mentioning our outstanding staff, great food and prompt shuttles service to and from the airport.
We truly appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again soon!

Becky Fields

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Reading
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights on a longer trip to Portland, as I wanted a hotel near the airport for when I arrived in town.

Overall I was impressed with the hotel. I had booked through a travel website so it was cheaper than if I had booked direct which was good. The room was huge (compared to normal British hotel room standards) with a kingsized bed, sofa and easy chair. There was also a large TV. The washbasin was in the room rather than in the bathroom which was a bit odd though.

The hotel overall has good facilities, a gym, laundry and restaurant/bar. It does a complimentary on the go breakfast or you can buy breakfast at the restaurant. I also really appreciated the free transfer bus between the hotel and the airport which was great when i got to the hotel and also good when I was ready to move on into town.

Obviously it's at the airport so out of town and away from the facilities of the city. I would recommend it for people who are about to fly out of, or have just got in to Portland as you do need a car or to take a long trip on the MAX to get into the city from there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear RandomSnackfood,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent experience at our hotel. We certainly appreciate the feedback. I'm glad you found our complimentary airport shuttle to be convenient.

We hope you will come and visit us again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Radisson Portland Airport is a good hotel and good choice near PDX airport. First recommended by my travel agent, I have stayed overnight at the Radisson PDX at least five times before or after a flying trip. I live a 2-1/2 hour drive away from the Portland airport. Their Park and Fly rates for a one night stay include up to 14 days of complimentary and safe parking.

The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable (including good beds) and all include a mini-fridge and microwave. There is a full service restaurant and bar. A flat-screen display of current PDX flight departure information is in the hotel lobby. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

For some, one issue may be that hotel may be a bit hard to find the first time if you don't have a GPS. However, their "map and directions" at the top of their website or google maps will get you there or call them for directions. I agree with the reviews that describe it as "tucked away" but that to me is a plus. Once there, you will be rewarded with a quiet location overlooking a small lake, yet only minutes from the airport.

I was especially impressed on one stay when there was a rare miscommunication from the front desk the night before the early morning shuttle that I planned to catch for my flight. As a result, I missed the shuttle I had expected to take. This made my timing a bit tight for check-in and I offered to call a taxi but the desk clerk called another driver on his break who cheerfully and immediately took me to the airport in another van instead of my waiting 30 minutes for the next scheduled shuttle. This further confirmed my loyalty to the Radisson PDX which I already had.

Given that PDX is among America's more pleasant airports, having the pleasant and reliable Radisson PDX available when I have an early flight or late return is an enjoyable bonus that is oh so elusive with airports and travel experiences these days. I always look forward to my stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Redcanyons,

First I'd like to thank you for being such a loyal guest. We know you have a choice of many airport hotels and we are happy you keep choosing us!

Next - thank you for such a detailed review of your experiences with us. I agree with you - our park and fly rates are an excellent value and very convenient especially when catching an early flight. We know travel can be stressful and we try very hard to provide our guests with a pleasant and relaxing experience.

Thank you again for the great feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

...if I had three. I "discovered" the Radisson Airport several years ago and find no reason to switch. I'm sure there are other facilities equally as good but why would I change when each and every stay has been "special"! I have found the rooms on all of my stays clean and spacious (comfortable bed) along with a friendly and accomadating staff...right down to the shuttle drivers. Tucked away in the trees and a bit "off the beaten path" it remains but a short and comfortable shuttle ride to the airport. The lounge/restaurant was clean and comfortable with a good selection (love the fish & chips). While close by I experienced no noise from air traffic during the night. I've also been impressed on each stay with the number of flight personell that were staying there. I believe that says alot about any facility. I recommend the Radisson Airport to any/everyone. Thank you (again) Radisson Airport. You'll be seeing this senior citizen again in the future. Tad B.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Robert B,

Thank you for taking time to write such a great evaluation of your experiences with the Radisson at the Portland Airport!

It is great to hear you enjoy our guest rooms, friendly staff and great food in the Lakeside Bar and Grill.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Have a GREAT day!

Sturgeon Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We went to Oregon for the first time this September and Stayed at the Radisson. It was modern, clean and the staff was friendly. We really enjoyed the little lounge/restaurant that they had. It was a little pricey, but not too bad. The bed was very comfortable. Weirdly, I was really impressed with the soap in the room. It was AMAZING! Smelled like vanilla and was actually high quality, unlike most hotel soap. We also liked the little pond that was by the front entrance. Overall we really enjoyed our night there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kristen S,

I hope you enjoyed your first visit to Oregon! I'm very glad you chose our hotel and found our staff to be friendly and your room clean. I'm also happy that you loved our soap - I agree - I think our in-room amenities are great!

Please come and visit us on your NEXT trip to our beautiful state.

Thanks for the great feedback.

Westerville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at the Radisson on a visit to Portland and booked the entire stay on club points. Arrived at the hotel very early in the morning but was still able to check in and was 'upgraded' to the 4th floor, the business class floor. Which basically meant a key card needed to access the floor and a very small business lounge. I never saw anyone in the lounge and there was coffee and cookies in there as well as a living room feel with some tv's, board games and a computer/printer combination. Room 423 was spacious with a slightly odd layout. The bathroom sink and vanity is located in the room and only the toilet and bathtub being in the bathroom. Not a problem for us, but just odd. The first night we returned to the hotel after touring Portland around 4pm to find that our room was not clean. We decided to go to the nearby Starbucks and Target. We returned to the hotel around 5:30pm and the room was still not clean housekeeping had just started. We went down to the small lobby to wait it out. The hotel mostly seems to cater to the Park N Fly crowd, so the evening is busy with check ins and the morning is busy with checkouts. The other days the room was cleaned by our return in mid afternoon. The hotel is located near the airport but also near the train tracks and train horns can be heard from the rooms. The airport seems to close up in the evenings, but trains run at all hours, so a train horn at 4am is not a pleasant sound. We stayed in room 423 so the odd number side and could hear the trains every night, just something to consider. I used the hotel gym and found it nice for a hotel gym with the necessary cardio and weight equipment. There is not much around the hotel at all, no fast food or coffee shops, but we did find pizza delivery. All in all it was a fine stay, especially since it was on points, but the hotel needs to remember some guests are staying more than one night and should be given consideration especially when on a priority floor.

Room Tip: Ensure you get on the side of the hotel without the train traffic noise if possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Getmarshall,

Thank you for the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed your overall stay. My apologies for the delay in cleaning your room on one of the days you stayed with us. I'm also sorry that you were disturbed by a train whistle at night. Other guests have mentioned they prefer the slightly quieter Lakeside of the hotel.

We hope you will come and see us again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

There seem to be a number of well reviewed hotels near Portland Airport. I was looking for a Saturday evening stay prior to a very early Sunday morning flight. I was intrigued by the descriptions of how the Radisson was "tucked away" and yet still near the airport. We were not disappointed with our stay. The room was clean and very comfortable. The hotel was quiet, inside and outside. The restaurant was reasonable. The staff was very helpful and the shuttle helped simplify our travel logistics. I would stay here again.

One tip: While the hotel is near the airport, getting to the airport is more "roundabout" than getting to the hotel. So, if you're driving yourself to the airport, instead of using the shuttle, you'll do better by giving yourself a couple of minutes extra.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear JFKMaryland,

There are several hotels around the Portland airport and we are so honored that you chose us! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found your room clean, comfortable and quiet. I appreciate you mentioning our helpful staff and shuttle service as well.

Thank you for the great feedback and come see us again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Becky Fields

Been to Radisson Hotel Portland Airport? Share your experiences!