“Almost as good as in London” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #370 of 3,629 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Scottish
Description: Here is his facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Frying-Scotsman-Portland/135370609444 This is a foodcart, so it might not qualify for your purposes, but this was the best Fish and Chips I have ever had. And I've had fish and chips is over 12 counties. I was so impressed, I had to try to get him listed here.
Vancouver
“Almost as good as in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This little food cart was very high on our list of "Must Try's". We managed to get there right before we started our drive home and ordered the large size haddock. It was perfectly battered and seasoned so well. Very rare do you find fish & chips where the fish is seasoned enough that you don't need tons of tartar sauce! It was a little tasty piece of heaven and the malt vinegar was enough to bring out it's true flavours. The french fries were cut thick and the soft potato in the middle was sublime. Great value for the price. Definitely worth trying out if you are doing a food cart tour of Portland.

Visited January 2012

Portland
“Best Fish & Chips in Portland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

When friends and family are visiting i always try to stop by here as one of my favorite things that makes Portland unique. It's the only place you can get Haddock as one of your fish choices. I miss that from my UK visits, so it's like a small vacation.

• Visited October 2011