“I could eat here twice a week” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Hamburgers, Vietnamese
Description: www.jadeteahouse.com
Description: www.jadeteahouse.com
Portland, Oregon
“I could eat here twice a week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been going here for years and still, there are days when I simply can't stop thinking about the food at Jade. The crispy springrolls, the vermicelli salad, the coconut soup brimming with chicken, noddles & veggies. Even the poached chicken, which might sound bland, is delicious in its savory broth. If you're daunted by the large tea selection, ask for advice from the cashier. If you don't have room for dessert, do yourself a favor and get something to go. if you can't decide which dessert, get several!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Why have we not tried this place before?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Jade Bistro Teahouse is a real gem (pun intended). This place really rocks.

Hidden in the Moreland neighborhood of SE Portland, Jade is not a place that I would normally think of going. A very good friend lives in the neighborhood and recommended we try it out. Oh my gosh - we have been missing out.

The walk-up, order at the counter style should not deceive the foodies out there - this is no "lunch counter" place. It is a wonderful pan-Asian mix of flavors and dishes with a true emphasis on quality. We had a delightful meal that included green papaya salad, sautéed green beans and a fantastic rice noodle and broccoli main course. It was a great mix of the savory and the sweet.

The location is a bit of the beaten track, but the food selections and the attentive service (the owner is delightful) make it worth the drive (for those of use that live in the downtown area). Give this place a try - it is well worth it.

Portland, OR
“Delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I ate here with a friend and was really pleased with the food. I had the coconut rice noodle soup. It was full of chicken and the taste was just a delicious blend of coconut, lemongrass, and hot pepper. We also shared the truffle fries and they were very good. I agree with the other reviewers that this place is so busy the service suffers a little. The table don't get cleaned and the staff seems hurried. But the menu is really varied, prices cheap, and the food is great, so I recommend it highly.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Very fresh Asian theme food and wonderful baked goods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I are there almost every week. SE Asian inspired food that is very fresh and they also have wonderful baked goods. Sesame balls with honey and the macaroons are must haves for dessert.

• Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“Little gem surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

On the recommendation of a friend, I went there for lunch. I love the signage outside the shop, made it feel very personable and somehow that told me that the food will be good in there. Not always right, but was this time. Nice and clean place. You order and pay, find a table and they'll bring the food out to you. We had the garlic shrimp, chicken in coconut milk curry ( YUM! ) and I don't know what the dessert is called, but it's deep-fried and round with sesame seeds ~ not to be missed! Be prepared to wait.

• 4 of 5 stars Food