“Worth a visit especially if staying in the hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nel Centro

Nel Centro
1408 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97201-3404 (Downtown)
503-484-1099
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nel Centro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #134 of 3,282 Restaurants in Portland
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Associated with Modera Hotel
Santa Monica, California
“Worth a visit especially if staying in the hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed in the Modera Hotel (attached to Nel Centro); was in Portland on business for numerous days; it was cold and I was tired so I ate here a bunch: 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners. The service and food were uniformly strong and I enjoyed my meals here. I had some especially delicious cauliflower soup the other night.

Visited January 2013

Portland, Oregon, United States
“always a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

this is a great place for a cocktail and bite after work. i've also been taken to lunch here a few times and loved it. nice location, especially the patio when it's not raining. a go-to place for me.

Visited December 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Our Favorite Place to Dine Before a Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you are attending an opera, Broadway show or dance performance at Portland's Keller Auditorium located on the south end of downtown, Nel Centro is the only place to go in our book. It's the most attractive, inviting and convenient restaurant near the theater, and the food, drink and service are exceptional. Rarely - no never - have we been disappointed, and they always get us to our show on time. Late night dining or drinks after a show are also no problem, and their Sunday brunch is also excellent.

Based on our evening dining experiences, I've also started using Nel Centro for many of my breakfast and lunch meetings for business. It only takes one meal with a client or associate there, and pretty soon they report to me that they are dining there regularly as well. I've now even had them host several large business events for me in their private dining rooms, and they've been fantastic.

Pick a meal or occasion, and I really don't think you can go wrong at Nel Centro. Owner David Machado and his staff are doing it right.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Make a Reservation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This place is happening and has very good food. I stopped by to a quick dinner and they were booked for dinner. I was able to get a seat at the bar and it was worth the wait. Had the pizza of the day, Italian sausage and caramelized onions. I highly recommend their pizza. Make a reservation and enjoy a very good Italian meal.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland OR
“Much improved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I didn't care so much for Nel Centro, but I heard the chef changed and I believe it has much improved. The food and service are both better, and has great happy hour. Try it!

Visited December 2012