“Nice Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cabezon Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 3,282 Restaurants in Portland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NE Sandy Blvd.
Shingle Springs
“Nice Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Based largely on TripAdvisor reviews, I elected to visit Cabezon for dinner one recent Saturday evening. This restaurant was well-patronized. I was seated outdoors, in front of the building which, on the spring evening, was fine.
Cabezon's cioppino was ordered, together with a glass of Washington State wine. While the meal was fine and quite tasty, I thought the quantity of seafood in the cioppino was a little sparse, for the price (nearly $23.00).
The following evening, I enjoyed a fine dinner at a restaurant across the street within sight of Cabezon for 30% less than the price of dinner at Cabezon.
If one's heart is set on a good seafood dinner, by all means, try Cabezon. Value-conscious diners may want to consider one of many other dining alternatives in this neighborhood.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Silverton, Oregon
“Very fresh and inventive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The location is tucked away just off Sandy Blvd. There is a small seating area but we were seated immediately. There is also seating outside. The menu was limited but we found plenty of appealing choices. We did a tasting menu. We ordered appetizers, soup and dessert instead of one of the four dinner options. The asparagus soup tasted so fresh it was like it just came from the garden. There is a large, well stocked bar with several interesting options.

Visited May 2013
California
“Great drinks and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was reluctant to order cioppino, which was my father's specialty which he learned to cook in San Francisco during World War 1. However, I did order it and I can say it was the best I have eaten since the last time he cooked it in 1970. To my delight it was absolutely authentic and wonderful. I loved this restaurant, the staff, the decorations, the bar and the whole experience.

Visited March 2013
Portland, OR
“Relatively undiscovered, but my guess is that is changing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I picked this restaurant this based on online reviews (TA and others) since I was looking to branch out a bit from our usual list of eatery's. I was a bit skeptical based on the location which is an area best known for the Reinlander, banks and gas stations (OK we live on the west side of PDX); my wife was even more skeptical since she had not seen the reviews. It was very easy to find, and not that hard to find parking in the nearby residential neighborhood this abuts to. We were quickly seated, and settled in with a bottle of Walla Walla cab. Ordered the basil wrapped shrimp to start, shared the Halibut special and steak. My wife ordered the steak, but was delivered the fish, and was very hesitant to share any of my choice with me (it was that good). It was pretty busy when we were seated (7:30), but had thinned out by time we left. Looks like you should try soon before it gets "discovered". Bill was not too bad even with the wine, and we both had a great experience and dinner. We will be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fresh seafood at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Small, nice and modern looking place. Food is great, the seafood ciopino was delicious, wine selection is extensive and service is excellent. Seafood here is a most!