“A lovely B&B with the very best of hosts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandes of Time Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sandes of Time Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Sandes of Time Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
16022 SE River Road, Portland, OR 97267   |
Ranked #4 of 39 Portland B&B and Inns
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A lovely B&B with the very best of hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Other reviews have described this lovely B&B and so all we can add is to say that it was a perfect 5 night ending to our 5 week vacation from the UK to the USA.

Great for visiting the big attractions Mt St Helens, Mt Hood, the Columbia River George and the Bonneville Dam and fish hatchery and the coastal town of Astoria as well as the usual downtown attractions.

A big thank you to Terry and Al at the wonderful Sandes of Time.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Sandes of Time is a really special place. Inside and out it is well taken care of, relaxing, and really breathtaking. The grounds are large and the house sits up on a little hill. We stayed in the Winter Garden room which had an attached bathroom with an awesome claw foot tub/shower. This B&B is located outside of the downtown Portland area, but it was a quick easy drive to the city and to Multnomah Falls. Al & Terry were very welcoming and sweet people....we felt right at home. Breakfast was delicious, and we liked that they offered four breakfast times to choose from. You will love this place!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Charming Rooms! ..... Welcoming Hosts! ... Gorgeous Grounds!

I could go on and on about this sweet B&B that is in Milwaukie (just Southeast of Portland).

Totally has spoiled us for future B&Bs. Terry and Al are amazing!

My mom and I were lucky enough to have the whole place to ourselves for 2 whole days! So, we had Terry and Al's undivided attention. We visited with them in the mornings which made the experience so much more personal and inviting. They have a sign on the door that says something like... Enter as Guest, Leave as Friends. So True!

Now... this B&B isn't hard to find but you could easily drive right by it in the dark because the house itself sits up on a little hill with several acres around it. It's nestled into what would seem its own little piece of heaven surrounded by big trees, lush lawns and beautiful landscape complete with a little bridge. (I think I have pictures... I'll dig them up and post them too.)

The house has several entrances (exits), but go ahead and enter at any one of them. The main one is at the front of the house which you can drive to... just follow the little road to the right as you go up the hill. (We didn't.... I saw the parking lot up on the left and just parked.) But you can drive to the front, unload and then drive around to the parking area.

Anyways... Terry greeted us and showed us around the house. The house is HUGE! So many rooms and they've done a great job decorating it! Antiques mixed in with comfy sofas and chairs. It's a 3 story house... the main floor has the kitchen, porch, parlor and dining room (as well as Terry and Al's living quarters).... the upper floor has the bedrooms... I think I counted 4.... the bottom floor has the Theater... Yes... a Theater with a gi-normous screen and lots of movies to pick from. They even have a popcorn maker down there. But if you want to do it the quick and easy way... they also have microwave popcorn. The Theater has lounger chairs and throw blankets to get all comfy in as you watch your movies. (Mom and I were bummed that we were so busy and so tired each night that we didn't get to have a movie night. Next time...)

The guest room floor had a mini bar area that had a coffee maker and tea available all day long. As well as a mini fridge stocked with water and sodas. So nice to have this! Plus they had wine glasses and a wine opener in case you brought your own and wanted to enjoy a glass out on the porch.

Oh... the Porch! This is where Mom and I would enjoy our morning cup of Joe. It was so peaceful and relaxing to slowly wake up, sit on the porch and listen to the birds while sipping coffee and reading our books. So Relaxing! (Note... the house sits up off the street so there isn't any street noise and it's surrounded by a wooded area so it feels like you're "getting back to nature".)

And then there was Breakfast... Terry really outdoes herself. You have a starter like fruit or parfait and then you have the main course... possibly mini german pancakes or an egg dish. All of it was D-LISH! And the presentation! She really knows how to plate a lovely breakfast. She took breakfast to another level in my book. (BTW... I love breakfast, so I was taking mental notes on how I should present and prepare my own special breakfasts at home.)

The Bed.... the comfiest bed I've ever slept in. Even more comfortable than my own at home. The sheets were so soft! I wanted to stay in bed all day. But alas... there were sights to see, family to visit... But I did take a picture of the tag on the sheets so I can try to find the same brand and type at home.

I can go on and on... but I won't. If you want to know something specific or more, message me.

If... no, no... WHEN we are back in Milwaukie.. we will be staying here again. Love this place. :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

What a beautiful house, lovely hosts and a great way to spend a night on our way to San Francisco. Breakfast set us up for the day, with a veggie option for my daughter. Our room was perfect and we would recommend this house to anyone planning to stay or overnight in Portland. The house and gardens are really beautiful! Terry and Al were just lovely and we hope to be able to visit again.

Room Tip: they are all lovely
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Oregon, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Traveling from midwest Oregon to far west Oregon proved to be so pleasant. The owners couldn't be better! We have family in a nearby town and chose this visit to B&B. All five Gourmet breakfasts were utterly delicious! We loved all the rooms but Summer Garden fit us to a "T". Our "Grands" will forever remember watching Frozen in the basement theater. The grounds are breathtaking in rain or shine! You simply must give this beautiful home a try.

Room Tip: Each guest room offers a unique view of the gorgeous grounds. You simply cannot go wrong staying at...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Terry S, Owner at Sandes of Time Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
We are so happy you did choose our B&B for your home away from home. One of the nicest things about running a B&B is the opportunity of meeting wonderful people and getting to know a little of their life stories. Hope our paths will cross again someday!
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed at the Sands of Time Bed and Breakfast for a weekend during December. The home is beautiful at the holidays. The owners decorate with wonderful lights, a sparkling tree, and the room I was staying in had a little table top tree which added to the ambiance. The breakfast is very good and the living room is a cozy place to read the paper or a good book. Highly recommend.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Glendale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights here and it was fabulous! This was our first experience at a B&B and we loved it. The house was beautiful and the hosts (Terry and Al) couldn't have been more helpful. The grounds were perfectly kept, the entire house is beautifully decorated with amazing detail and the breakfast was out of this world. Terry and Al went out of their way to ensure we were well taken care of. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Terry S, Owner at Sandes of Time Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! It's our aim to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible so that their visit to our area is as enjoyable as possible. We look forward to your next visit!

Been to Sandes of Time Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!