“Exactly the Place I Needed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandes of Time Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sandes of Time Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Sandes of Time Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
16022 SE River Road, Portland, OR 97267   |
Ranked #4 of 39 Portland B&B and Inns
Provo
“Exactly the Place I Needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Perched on top of a perfectly landscaped and manicured 3 acre parcel, sits a beautifully restored 1900 home with the charm of a time gone by. The September weather was perfect and the garden was inviting as was the home and all of it's meticulously decorated rooms. I fell in love with each porch swing (there are 3 porches and 3 porch swings). Rocking to the sound of water fountains and birds chirping was my cup of tea. The rooms are all carefully and neatly decorated taken care of. I stayed in the Secret Garden room with my little 5 month old baby. it was perfect to have my own room with fireplace and bathroom, along with an adjoining room with two twin beds...perfect for a little nursery. The bathroom was darling, with the original sink from 1900, a claw foot tub and lovely vanity. The colors and feel of the room let you go back in time to a place where little girls ran through gardens, played leap frog & read stories under the shade of a tree. And having 2,3 and sometimes 4 windows in each room, brightens ones soul. All through the house, the feel is relaxing and inviting. The owner and hostess were very accommodating and happy to let me linger at the home the next day and soak in the peace and inspiration it brought. You will not be disappointed with your stay at Sandes of Time B&B. You won't want to leave!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I came to Portland for a couple of days. We decided to stay at the Sandes by the reviews found here. You will not be disappointed in the accomodations or the city. What made this perfect was the beautiful room and the terrfic hosts. We were made to feel welcome in their home. Terry made delicious breakfasts. We left with the best memories and look forward to coming back one day.

Stayed August 2012
Mount Dora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Beautiful setting, gracious hosts, spotlessly clean, awesome movie room in the basement, generous amenities including wine and the popcorn, great for jogging on the nearby bike-trail, a relaxing and comfortable stay after long, hot days touring Portland! We watched hummingbirds bathing in the fountain each morning, and ate elegant breakfasts where we met interesting travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This place was wonderful. It was very clean, charmingly decorated and was hosted by to incredibly nice people. You are a 15+ drive away from downtown - but, if you don't mind that, this is perfect! Normally someone who likes to be in the thick of the city, this was actually perfectly set apart. Nice and quiet. The grounds are also impeccably maintained. This is a great place to stay and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Our family of four (2 adults, 2 kids) stayed here in July 2012 for a quick weekend road trip to the Portland area. It was everything we were looking for and more. We stayed in "The Secret Garden" suite. Our teenage girls absolutely adored and thoroughly enjoyed the privacy of their own bedroom, complete with two twin beds, fireplace, desk and TV. Our room had all the same amenities and the bathroom that we shared with them was pleasantly sized. Everything was super clean, the beds were very comfy, and the windows provided beautiful light and views. The decor was impeccable and lovingly put together - not one detail was spared. Even the toilet paper has cute hearts imprinted on it and there are rose-scented toiletries placed as mini-gift baskets in there as well. The clawfoot tub was gorgeous and comfortable and made me really want to have one in our little apartment back home ;) They had two window air conditioners (one for each room) and of course free wi-fi and cable TV. It was around 80 degrees outside while we there and as long we kept the a/c units running, we were plenty cool inside. The grounds are beautiful and tranquil. The entire home is super welcoming and beautifully decorated. We met two of the guest innkeepers and they were very sweet. Their breakfast was scrumptious, dare I say the best waffles we've ever eaten. They also provide yummy lemon and chocolate cupcakes in the evening and there's plenty of freshly-brewed coffee, tea, and water all day and night. I would highly recommend Sandes of Time B&B to families, a romantic weekend getaway, a ladies retreat, or just some self R&R. The surrounding neighborhoods are quaint, but this property is set up on a hill, so you really do feel like you've escaped city living. The nearby shopping and restaurants definitely leave something to be desired, so be prepared to drive about 15 minutes to downtown Portland for more unique dining and shopping experiences.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with three or more, we highly recommend "The Garden Suite;" it'...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manteca, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My, oh my, what a place! I happened to stumble upon Sandes of Time while planning my latest trip to visit my son. So sorry I hadn't found this earlier; what a treat. I've stayed at many B&B's, and this is top-notch. It's beautifully decorated and inviting...the overstuffed furniture, the porch swings, fireplaces, the gorgeous landscaping. They've taken great care to attend to every little detail. I was quite content, between visits with my son, to soak in the quiet and beauty of the home and read, walk around the property, listen to music...ahhhhhh, so relaxing. As much as I'd love to have the kids at home during the holidays, I'm secretly hoping to 'have' to plan another trip around Christmas to enjoy what is sure to be a beautiful holiday setting. Thank you for a truly wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: Although I'd wanted the Spring Garden Room, I was very happy with the Summer Garden Room. Very c...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Oregon City, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Such a wonderful place! We were so impressed! The only problem was agreeing on a favorite room. My husband likes the one with the huge bathroom with the biggest shower head we've ever seen (Winter Garden). I liked the room with various tones of green (Spring Garden). I also thought the two room suite was adorable. I know my six-year-old granddaughter would love the little room with twin beds. I'd like to come back again and bring her. The whole house was decorated with such care and had a warmth and homey feel. I'm a gardener so, of course, I was impressed with the perfect grounds.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandes of Time Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!