“No waffling, this place is terrific!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Waffle Window

The Waffle Window
3610 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214 (Formerly Waffle Window)
971-255-0501
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 3,555 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Dessert, Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: We are: Portland style Liege sugar waffles handmade for you using local and seasonal ingredients and set in a fun and whimsical atmosphere.From a bacon brie and basil waffle to a huckleberry jam with lemon panna cotta waffle, you just never know what you might find!
Santa Rosa, California
“No waffling, this place is terrific!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The liege waffles at this place are amazingly great. Crisp, sweet waffles with amazing toppings topped with a huge dollop of whipped cream. I tried the Bananarumba waffles which which was bathed in a delicious caramel sauce, fresh bananas, chopped walnuts and lots of whipped cream. My spouse had a Blueberry Cheesecake which was topped with large cooked blueberries in a blueberry sauce, another sauce that tasted like cheesecake and lots of whipped cream. Both were terrific and we couldn't decide which was better.

Portions are ample and you definitely won't leave hungry. You won't feel stuffed either. Just pleasantly full.

Waffles are ordered at a window on the side of the Bread and Ink Cafe. Then you can sit inside or outside and wait for your name to be called. The wait was pretty short and well worth it.

We'll definitely return to try other offerings on the menu. Yum!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Good place for a sweet or savory snack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Waffles were tasty. Great selection of inventive waffles! On a rainy Portland dayntheybeven had a small amount of indoor seating.

Miami Beach, Florida, United States
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had the blueberry cheesecake waffles...simply amazing! This is a must stop! The service was great, we sat outside to enjoy the cold weather but inside is nice and cozy for those who prefer to stay out of the cold. I would definitely say this is the best breakfast I have ever had.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boise, Idaho
“Quick, great, fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I loved the food, and it's a fun place for summer eating. You can sit outside with your pooch and enjoy the day. It's pretty cheap too! There isn't much except for waffles and drinks so don't expect a full breakfast but they do waffles great!

Visited August 2012
Texas
“Really good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I timed it. This place is less than a 10 minute walk from my son's house.
We just visited Portland and this became one of my favorite places the first time I got a waffle there.
My choice was the one with blueberries, whipped cream and key lime flavored curd.
Yes - I did go back and had we stayed another day, I'd have been back again.
The bad news is that the 10 minute walk probably doesn't burn off half of the calories included in this treat!
Dd I say it was really, really tasty? It was!!!