“Pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sammamish, Washington
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I booked the Hyatt Place at the Portland, OR airport, not knowing anything about it, other than the amenities listed on its web site. We only needed a place to stay for one night, and wish we could have stayed longer! It was beautiful, with an almost European quality to its lobby and guest room (a positive in our minds). The included breakfast was better than most in sit-down restaurants with menus -- a real treat, as we were in for a long car trip soon afterwards. We will definitely look for Hyatt Place Hotels again when we travel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hello, pondkeeper and thank you for your kind review of the Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor!
I am happy to share that all Hyatt Places are extremely similar in design and amenity offerings so you should feel right at home if you find yourself at any others during your travels. Of course, we would love to have you back during you next trip to Portland as well!

I hope that your car ride home was safe and not as boring as mine tend to be!

timothy.donnell@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Torrington, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I spent one night at the Hyatt Place hotel and were very impressed with the staff and the cleanliness of the facility. The room was very upscale and provided a refrigerator and microwave, which is very convenient for travelers.

The king bed was very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel, especially if you are flying out the next morning since they provide a shuttle, too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LakeshoreLady:
I am so happy that you and your husband found your stay to be comfortable and I appreciate you taking the time to review Hyatt Place Portland on TripAdvisor! We hope to serve you again on your next trip to the area.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was our third visit to this location, and we have never been disappointed. The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is as accommodating as ever, especially Amie, who was as patient as could be with our requests. Our connecting rooms faced the back, super quiet. And I got a chance to use the gym this time, deserted on Christmas Eve, but all very clean and functional.

Room Tip: Ice is on the 2nd and 4th floors, if you care about that sort of thing.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Hello fellow Portlandier! Thank you so much for giving us this wonderful review on TripAdvisor! It is nice to know that we are your hotel of choice when visiting the airport and I will be sure reward Amie for making your stay as delightful as possible. Thank you again and we'll see you next time!
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed just one night. The staff is very friendly. When i was waiting for my husband with the luggages at least 3 people asked me if i am alright, need help or need a shuttle. The room was clean and nicely decorated. I d recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing the Hyatt Place Portland Airport on TripAdvisor! At Hyatt, it is our mission to provide authentic hospitality and I am glad that my staff was able to afford that to you. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in Portland. Thanks again!
Walla Walla, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Upon check-in, I was informed by the front desk woman that I had been upgraded to a corner room! I ordered from the Gallery menu for dinner, and was surprised at how good it was, considering there is no restaurant on site. The bed was so comfortable, the room was clean, and the free internet actually worked!! I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Hi Teresa M from Walla Walla and thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I am so glad that you were able to enjoy one of corner suites; I think the layout is great as well. We understand how important internet service is to our guests and I am happy to know that this was satisfactory to your needs. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Portland! Thanks again!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My sister and I decided to take a weekend trip to Portland and we like to stay near the airport because it is very easy to get to when coming south on the I-205 route around Portland. You can avoid all the traffic backups on I-5 through Portland. We had tried and liked another nearby hotel on another trip but wanted to try out the Hyatt Place this time. We loved this hotel. It is convenient to shopping (across the street is a large shopping area), and to the Max light rail which will take you right downtown so you don't have to drive. We found the staff to be very helpful to us at all times and we were impressed when we observed them treat other customers just as well when we happened to be in the lobby. Customer satisfaction is clearly a priority here. The room was large and comfortable and we never heard any noise from the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Timothy D, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear nxk6344:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor! I hope that you and your sister enjoyed your stay in our wonderful city and am thrilled that our hotel and staff were able to contribute that weekend! In addition, I will be sure to share your kind comments with my team.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I travel to Portland quite often, although this was the first time I'd stayed at the Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station.

I was working in NW Portland the following day and got into PDX very late in the evening. I didn't want to drive into town and hassle with parking when I knew I'd be tired, so I decided to try this property. I had a rental car and parking is free and plentiful behind the hotel. I did see a hotel shuttle at the airport and if I stay again and have more time I might save the cost of one day of rental car and just take the shuttle.

The room was a typical Hyatt Place room. I was upgraded to a corner suite with a king bed, but nothing special about the suite. Great bed, nice sitting area, no problems with the room temperature. Bathroom had a walk-in shower with no tub which I prefer!

Staff was very helpful and nice. I'd had dinner so didn't partake in any meals at this Hyatt, but I've had dinner at other Hyatts and it looked like similar fare. I left too early for breakfast since they didn't begin serving until 0630. For an airport hotel, I'd like to see breakfast beginning a bit earlier...but that's just me.

Quiet, although as others have said, there were times you could hear aircraft and in my opinion you only knew they were aircraft because you were near the airport!

The only concern I had was that the unusually cold temps caused there to be ice on the pavement behind the hotel. I wish someone had thrown a little bit of salt on the pavement since It was quite slippery getting to my vehicle the following morning. Of course this might not be a Hyatt parking lot, but one that belongs to Cascade Station!

All in all, a good nights sleep in a nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Hello and thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I'm glad that giving us a try worked out for you, and yes, please take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service the next time that you are in town. Also, for future reference, our complimentary breakfast starts at 6:00am everyday. If that is still too late for you, we are able to prepare a "grab and go" breakast bag which usually includes a bagel and some fruit. I apologize that the parking lot was slippery when you had departed ,that week was unusually cold for Portland. Once we saw the potential risk, we purchased some ice melt for the future. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you next time! Thanks again!

Been to Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station? Share your experiences!